SOLD - 2013 BMW GS 1200 Adventure - like new - 3749 Miles

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
I am reposting this since a recent purchase deal fell through.

Sadly my GSA is for sale. The bike has only 3749 miles. I am the original owner and have title in hand.

The bike has the premium package - ESA, heated grips, etc. - and it also comes with Touratech headlight protector, oil cooler protector, adjustable gear shift lever, sensor protectors, engine skid plate, pannier racks (I have the original BMW racks for their system as well), Zega Pro 38L/45L pannier set (w/ attachments), wiring for a Zumo GPS, and a Wunderlich throttle lock.

The 600 mile service was done, as well as a service at 2500 miles, all by my local BMW dealer. The bike has been garaged and well cared for. I have never had any issues with the bike, and I am only letting this go to fund another project. If you are ready to pack up and take off to the tip of Alaska, or the far corners of the globe, this is almost a turn-key set up - all that's needed is you, your riding gear, and whatever else will make you comfortable on the road.

I am asking $15,500.00, but reasonable offers will be considered.

If interested send me a PM, call me at 775-223-1947, or send me an e-mail at roubaixfan@yahoo.com Thanks for looking. John

Last edited:

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
Touratech Zega Pro panniers Included w/attachments

I am also including all the Zega Pro attachments I got for the Touratech panniers.

Also Included:

The original BMW luggage racks and parts.

Additional accessory plug kit.

Best Rest folding passenger/driver backrest. This came off my 2004 BMW 1150 GSA, but you can get an adapter plate for the 1200 through Best Rest.

Courdura bag.

A cradle for a Zumo 550 (the bike has the power cable for a Zumo 550 installed).

Last edited:

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
I have previously been asked about the low mileage on the bike. "Did you not like the bike?" "Wasn't it comfortable on the road?" "Were there places it couldn't go?" were just a few. Nothing can be further from the truth. In the roughly two years I have had the bike I have experienced two family emergencies which took me away from any riding for an extended period of time, a Tacoma/Four Wheel Camper build - http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/132985-Toyota-Tacoma-Short-Bed-DC-and-FWC-Finch (as well as the build and eventual sale of a So Cal Teardrop project to fund the Tacoma/camper build), and several extended trips. The two wheel travel has been limited to the pedal variety, unfortunately not the motor driven kind.

I have had the 1150 GSA, an 800 GS, and the first run of the 1200 GSA's, and I can safely say this is the best of the bunch so far.

Many have been drawn to the new liquid cooled 1200 GSA, which is a great bike, but out the door (without luggage) these are running about $26,000. Add in the luggage and a few protection things, and now you're reaching the $28,000-$29,000 frame. Just think how much fuel (and how far you'll go) with the money you could save...Just saying

Big mike

Adventurer
This is a crazy great bike, and that's coming from a Harley guy .
GLWS SOMEONE IS FOING TO GET LUCKY WITH THIS.
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles