(SOLD) 2012 Ram Power Wagon Laramie w/ FWC Hawk Flatbed,

chips95

Observer
Kenny,

Are the airbags for leveling and additional weight, or are they essential to the main suspension system? IE: Will the spring setup handle the weight of the rig well if an airbag was incapacitated? I personally am a fan of airbags as supplements when needed, especially when the cradles let the airbag articulate off-road.

I assume the fuel tank is standard 34 gallon in 2012, what is your average MPG? I am guessing 275 - 300 mile range on roads with adequate reserves? What about MPG on logging roads, etc. where 4WD is engaged a good portion of the time?

The toilet looks like it is the package from FWC, it is cassette right?

I love this rig, so many nice features and upgrades!
Hey 1K1MOA,

You are correct the airbags are for leveling and additional weight. When I had the springs made I made sure the truck was fully loaded (fuel, water, etc.) so I wouldn't need the airbags. I usually just put 10-20 psi in the bags and with the daystar cradles have never had to worry about tearing them.

The tank is the standard 34 gallon tank, If I stick with 65 on the highway I can get 11-12 mpg. In 4wd it drops to around 9-10 mpg.

The toilet does come with the package from FWC and has the cassette which is accessed from outside of the camper. Pretty neat system, you turn on your water pump and it has an electric flush function. Also has electronic indicators for when the cassette is full.

Kenny
636DD9BB-1151-42A0-B7E3-A6F788A459BE_1_201_a.jpeg
23D57B7F-BD1B-454C-8B1C-3797EE3F511B_1_201_a.jpeg

MTwagon

Any interest in selling the tray and camper separate of the truck? I’ve also got a 12 power wagon in the same color (mineral gray right?). I would be interested in making the drive and swapping the bed over to yours so you could then sell the truck by itself. I know what you are asking, why not just sell yours and buy my whole setup??? Well I got the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty so I’m holding on to it until they stop honoring it. I know it’s a longshot, but I had to ask. Sweet setup and GLWS.

MTwagon

Does the tray still allow storage of the spare tire underneath? If not, what do you do in regards to a spare?

dstefan

Bump for a great Rig and seller.

I’m the sale that fell through. Kenny is a great guy and a straight shooter. We met part way to inspect and test drive the rig with the likely intention of driving it back to Phoenix. The camper is amazing and the truck is very well put together and maintained. I had a pre-sale inspection done by a NAPA certified auto center near Kenny (not a place he‘s had the truck serviced), and it came out clean as a whistle mechanically. I crawled around underneath and did all the things you would want to do to verify, and the truck is in beautiful shape. It drives really well on the highway, local streets, and in the dirt. I’m coming from an IFS Tacoma with full Icon suspension, and this truck drove just about as well. No sign of any kind of solid axle steering problems, excessive movement or play, or tracking problems. We found a rough patch of dirt that wasn’t quite a washboard road, but tested the compliance of the suspension and it rode quite smoothly. I was surprised coming from the IFS world.

We didn’t spend a lot of time with the camper inside because we were familiar with a flatbed Hawk. The tray and the boxes are in great shape and Kenny‘s got a lot of extras included. Dual Battleborns! Suffice it to say, if you want a flatbed Hawk on a Norweld tray this is a fabulous rig.

So, why didn’t we buy it? As I said we’re minimalists coming from a built Tacoma. We really do want a more comfortable extended camping situation, but we also go some pretty difficult, tight places and into some pretty deep powdery sand. No doubt the Power Wagon is incredibly capable, but we just couldn’t get comfortable with the full on size and weight of everything for where we go. I hope we did the right thing.

Good luck with the sale Kenny!

chips95

Observer
Bump for a great Rig and seller.

I’m the sale that fell through. Kenny is a great guy and a straight shooter. We met part way to inspect and test drive the rig with the likely intention of driving it back to Phoenix. The camper is amazing and the truck is very well put together and maintained. I had a pre-sale inspection done by a NAPA certified auto center near Kenny (not a place he‘s had the truck serviced), and it came out clean as a whistle mechanically. I crawled around underneath and did all the things you would want to do to verify, and the truck is in beautiful shape. It drives really well on the highway, local streets, and in the dirt. I’m coming from an IFS Tacoma with full Icon suspension, and this truck drove just about as well. No sign of any kind of solid axle steering problems, excessive movement or play, or tracking problems. We found a rough patch of dirt that wasn’t quite a washboard road, but tested the compliance of the suspension and it rode quite smoothly. I was surprised coming from the IFS world.

We didn’t spend a lot of time with the camper inside because we were familiar with a flatbed Hawk. The tray and the boxes are in great shape and Kenny‘s got a lot of extras included. Dual Battleborns! Suffice it to say, if you want a flatbed Hawk on a Norweld tray this is a fabulous rig.

So, why didn’t we buy it? As I said we’re minimalists coming from a built Tacoma. We really do want a more comfortable extended camping situation, but we also go some pretty difficult, tight places and into some pretty deep powdery sand. No doubt the Power Wagon is incredibly capable, but we just couldn’t get comfortable with the full on size and weight of everything for where we go. I hope we did the right thing.

Good luck with the sale Kenny!
Thanks for the kind words David and good luck with the build!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles