SOLD - 2010 4Runner Limited | Full Overland Build | $28,000.- (REDUCED) | Carmel, IN

MTVR

So this thing has been on the market since last fall, but hasn't sold. I booked it on KBB.com, and came up with a private party value of about $15,000, which leads me to think that your $28,000 asking price is why it has not sold...

Okki

Observer
So this thing has been on the market since last fall, but hasn't sold. I booked it on KBB.com, and came up with a private party value of about $15,000, which leads me to think that your $28,000 asking price is why it has not sold...
KBB Doesn't factor in the $30k in extras that are included with the truck. KBB also adjusts the price based on locality, so it will list cheaper in Colorado than Indiana.

You are right in that I'm not selling it for a bargain. There were no "cheap" parts used on the truck and it's in meticulous shape. Beyond that, as the headline reads, Or Best Offer.

The main issue has not been the price, but potential buyers not realizing that a bank will not finance beyond approximate KBB. Which leaves them to figure out how to pay for the difference.

Twanger

Having owned many 4runners and living in Colorado, the market is much stronger here for 4x4’s than the Midwest. I’m surprised you haven’t accepted the dealer offer of 24k you told me about because that’s a good deal IMO. Either way, I’m rooting for you and appreciate a well built 4runner.

KBB Doesn't factor in the $30k in extras that are included with the truck. KBB also adjusts the price based on locality, so it will list cheaper in Colorado than Indiana.

You are right in that I'm not selling it for a bargain. There were no "cheap" parts used on the truck and it's in meticulous shape. Beyond that, as the headline reads, Or Best Offer.

The main issue has not been the price, but potential buyers not realizing that a bank will not finance beyond approximate KBB. Which leaves them to figure out how to pay for the difference.

This guy is very simple minded. Look at his history, he posts all over Expedition Portal like some kind of KBB-keyboard-vigilante, trying to save prospective buyers from deceit, armed by the all powerful KBB.

They apparently don't have the skill or knowledge to build anything of their own and think that trade-in values your vehicle regardless of investment of time, money or tangible skill into the build. He's building a literal studded wall with all housing grade stuff on top of a retired military vehicle, despite many people that chimed in with much more experience or comon sense advising against. THIS I could see effectively lowering it's KBB value ?. Better plan to keep that thing parked like one of these "tiny houses." Would have been better off putting a shipping container on it and leaving the engineering to the professionals.

Very sorry for the tone of any negativity to your listing. This guy just needs to be called out and stop with the hundreds of ridiculous posts muddying up our forums.

Last edited:

BigfootsReal

No one uses KBB for legit market value. ? It'll sell. If I had it in my lot it would be gone in a month or less. I know parting out sucks, but maybe part a few things out and trade it in or lower the price a tad with less parts.

Good luck with the sale!

Okki

Observer
No one uses KBB for legit market value. ? It'll sell. If I had it in my lot it would be gone in a month or less. I know parting out sucks, but maybe part a few things out and trade it in or lower the price a tad with less parts.

Good luck with the sale!

Yeah... so far the number of leads hasn't been bad. Slowed down a bit due to Covid. Beyond the fridge and awning there ins't much to part out easily. not at that point yet, but the thought has been considered.

Ryanl

Bump for spring adventures!
After 9 years of building, driving and enjoying our 2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited, we decided that it's time to move on. While we still love the vehicle, and Paul drives it every day, we just don't take that many Overlanding trips anymore. The truck just received a complete overhaul with its 110K maintenance, has new brakes and tires, and is ready to take you onto your next adventure! Amazing daily driver and even better camping/adventure vehicle. Located on the north side of Indianapolis, IN.

2010 4Runner Limited
• Miles: ~115K
• Black exterior
• Tan leather interior
• Navigation
• Keyless entry and drive
• Sunroof
• AWD (4 Wheel Hi and Lo)
• Single Owner
• Non-Smoking
• No Pets/Dogs
• No Accidents

EXTRAS:
• CBI Front Bumper
• CBI Rear Bumper w/ Swing-Arm with Fold-Down Table and Tire Carrier
• Ironman 4x4 8ft Awning with LED lighting
• National Luna Weekender 50 Fridge-Freezer
• Tembo Tusk Fridge Slide w/ Cutting Board Pull-Out.
• Shrockworks Rock Rails
• Shrockworks Full Underbody Skids
• Icon Vehicle Dynamics Billet Trailing- and A-Arms
• Dobinsons Long Travel Shocks/Coils (700Lbs)
• Toyota TRD Rims
• Discoverer ATP LT265/70R17 (Aug, 2019)
• DC Engineering 270Amp High Output Alternator
• National Luna Dual Battery Management System
• Northstar Group 31M (Primary Battery)
• Diehard D35 Marine (Secondary Battery)
• ARB Twin Compressor
• Cargo Area Pressure Gauge and Chuck
• Gobi Roof Rack
• Gobi Rear Ladder
• OPT7 LED Roof Light Bar
• Rigid E-Series 30” Bumper Light Bar
• Rigid Dually Series Flood LED Light Aux Lights (Rear)
• Rigid Dually Series Diffused Flood LED Light (Camp Light)
• Warn 10K winch w/ synthetic rope
• Factor 55 Hitch Link
• Factor 55 Pro Link
• Hella Horns
• Auxiliary Fuse Box
• Cobra ST75 CB Radio
• Long and short Firestik Antenna’s
• 2 Gallon Fuel and Water Rotopax
• Fumuto Oil Valve
• Diff Breather Relocation
• Hilift Extreme
• Goose Gear Flat Floor System
• Power Stop cross drilled and slotted rotors
• Power Stop Carbon Ceramic pads
• Power Stop rear calipers (front included, but not yet installed)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles