SOLD - 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins 4WD and tray-mounted XPCamper Nimbl V1, needs an adventurer!

pjpvi

Observer
Nice folks and nice rig. It's very tempting!

GLWTS

PXL_20211027_134350926.jpg

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
So, height wise it will just squeak into a high cube container. For safety, just air down a bit. Cool!
Yes, I know of at least one couple LINK HERE that did this to ship across the Darien Gap. Airing down the tires would likely be required, and removing the two celing-fan covers, but those are simple and attached with just 2 screws that can be accessed via the roof hatch.

But, I think the last two across the Gap did so RORO, which actually might be easier. And, given there's zero access to the inside of the camper without raising it, the risk of theft is minimal.

Nomads365

PRICE REDUCED!

An upcoming change in our housing situation is necessitating the need to get our rig sold sooner rather than later, so we've reduced the price. In reading over the forum classifieds I've seen comments by folks about listing at or asking a "fair price". What is a "fair price"? Is it "what the market will bear"? Maybe it's the actual cost of the time and materials that went into building the rig minus wear & tear or depreciation? Possibly it's the actual cost of what it would be to replace it, such as if it were stolen or completely destroyed by Mother Nature? Who sells used guns for what they paid for them years ago? Ultimately, the seller and a buyer determine what's fair when they complete the purchase transaction. Anybody else's opinion about a "fair price" is just that, it's their opinion, theirs alone, and they're welcome to it.

So, to put things in perspective, if you want a brand-new Nimbl Evolution camper, that looks almost identical to ours, on the exact same flatbed/tray as ours, is built in exactly the same way as our XPCamper, that won't keep you any warmer or drier, doesn't carry any more water or solar than ours, doesn't have any more storage than ours, goes up and down in exactly the same way by the same mechanism as ours, then you will pay $200,000 to $350,000 JUST FOR THE CAMPER & FLATBED and you'll wait over a year. Think about that...you'd still have to provide at least a 1-ton truck. You could try to find a new truck and spend $60,000 although you'll likely wait months for it. Or you might be able to find a nice used truck for maybe $20,000-$30,000 and hope the previous owners didn't abuse it. You'd still have to spend tens of thousands of dollars and weeks of your time to prepare that truck for off-road capabilities. No doubt you'll want to use high-quality components so they don't fail when you need them the most. If your new or used truck is a diesel and it was produced after 2007 you'll have to figure what to do about the limitations of non-ULSD fuel if you plan to go to Central or South America. You also might want to source and purchase spare parts for critical systems on the truck or camper so you have them if they fail while out-of-country. So, a minimum of $200,000 for a new camper and maybe $50,000 to $100,000 for a truck, and for $250,000-$300,000 you're off and rolling on your big overlanding trip. Obviously, unless you're flush with disposable income, this is not a rig you're going to purchase to attend overlanding expos or weekend camping trips during the nice summer months then stick it in storage until next year. This rig is built for comfortable, full-time, extended overland travel. Your wife or travel partner will be thankful they have a toilet and shower, can cook inside when the weather is windy, cold or nasty, and they'll be really glad they're not living in a rooftop tent.

Bottom line, you can save over $100,000, buy our rig today, and leave on your world or US/Canada adventure tomorrow. As I've already stated earlier in my ad, this rig is turn-key ready. It needs nothing but kitchen utensils, bed linen, food & drink and maybe a few tools for maintenance tasks. The Dodge truck and Cummins engine can be serviced in every country in the Americas and parts are easy to come by. The only thing it's lacking is a competent driver that's not afraid to use it to its potential. Who's up for the challenge?

What is overlanding? "Overlanding is the self-reliant overland travel to remote destinations where the journey is the principal goal. Typically, but not exclusively, accommodated by mechanized off-road capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping; often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and spanning international boundaries". --- Home on the Highway

This could be you.jpg

Last edited:

High Water

Baja Bliss
My wife and I have camped and traveled with Nomades365 extensively in the US and in Mexico. I know this setup well. These folks have taken great care of the truck and camper. Their modifications are carefully researched and well implemented. A buyer will be hard pressed to find an XPCamper and Dodge truck that is this well maintained, cleaned and protected.

Nomads365

Price reduced. Somebody has to have some interest in our rig. Again, it's complete and ready to roll. If we weren't changing our mode of exploration travel we'd hop in this and drive it south until the land ends.

rawtoxic

Def a cool rig I can't find anything not to like. However, this just begs the question of what will be your next platform after this and why ?

Nomads365

Def a cool rig I can't find anything not to like. However, this just begs the question of what will be your next platform after this and why ?
The plan is to change our mode of travel. Mrs Nomad is ready to have a home-base (a house) to come back to after travel. We had sold everything before starting our travels, including our house. Our truck isn't really a rig that should be sitting around, and being used for just weekend or weeklong trips. We're shopping for a house but with the housing market being what it is we might not find one. In that case we'll hop a plane to a foreign country, now that Covid isn't restricting things, and stay for 3-6 months at a time before moving on to another place. Maybe given a couple more years the housing market will be better.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
So I have to say I'm intrigued, but timing is off for us as well as we are not planning on heading south until 2024.

I have 2 hangups that perhaps more seasoned travelers can enlighten me on.... The pop top and no cab access. We have already found ourselves in situations, in Colorado of all places, where we needed to leave an area due to safety concerns and having cab access to drive away is important to us. Are we being overly paranoid on safety issues, or is this a legit concern for international travel?

As for the pop top, safety and weather come into play here. Gone are the days of sleeping in a RTT with the whap whap whap from the wind or rainstorm. How does this hold up in those kind of situations?

Our next rig will be something we can take everywhere not just including the Pan Am but perhaps Australia, Europe, Africa and beyond. So we really want to choose wisely.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I am legitimately interested, just trying to make the right decision for us in the long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles