SOLD 2006 Triumph Scrambler

SheepnJeep

For Sale 2006 Triumph Scrambler

Unfortunately the time has come to offer my much beloved Triumph Scrambler up for sale. It currently has 18,xxx miles and counting here and there as we run it around to keep it going. I am the second owner and purchased the bike around 2011. It has never quit anywhere or left me stranded. It has been my only mode of transportation many times. I have taken the best care of it that I can using my knowhow of vehicle maintenance and a Hayes manual for the bike. At this time in my life I don’t have the space to keep it inside, and as such didn’t really ride it at all last year. In light of this, I have decided it is time to move it on to someone that can enjoy it as much as I have. I will do my best to detail the good and bad points.

The Bad Things:

In need of a detailing. I have tried to wash it up as much as possible, but it could use to be polished up again. Paint is in fine condition, chrome is looking a little sad right now here and there but it has always cleaned up well. Being in storage, it gets dusty.

The tires are pretty well worn out. The front is still OK but has a ‘Thump’ to it due to losing a wheel weight on a Yellowstone trip. The tire probably has an irregular wear pattern now and wumps down the road at certain speeds. I do have a new Shinko rear tire to include in the sale (Remember when the hot setup was a Shinko rear and TKC front tire?)

Engine cases are starting to corrode. This problem started a few years ago and I always intended to polish the aluminum to end the problem. Basically the lacquer has failed around the edges of the case causing it to corrode. They will either need to be painted, brushed, or polished to look top notch again.

Front fender has a ding in the paint.

Front brake reservoir succumbed to sunlight and has cracked at the base. Still holds fluid fine, just the mounting surface has broken. I intend to replace this before passing it on to any potential buyers, so if you notice it in the photos hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

Rubber battery strap fell apart years ago, the battery is now held in the tray with a “custom” parachute cord tie down.

Exhaust has stock air pump fittings, so it has blued at the header.

Muffler heat shields were removed for a custom unit to fit some luggage I made. I still have them and will include photos soon.

The Good Things:

I have a new rear tire to include with the sale

New battery

Hayes manual included with sale as well as all the owners manuals included with the motorcycle when new

Has a luggage rack seat. I have reinforced the underside for better carrying capacity and to keep the seat base from cracking.

I have added 2 very bright LED lights to the frame caps in the rear for better brake light visibility.

Fresh oil change this spring.

The bike is STOCK. I haven’t made any mods to any wiring, engine or exhaust mods, or drilled any funny holes in it. (excepting the extra brake lights) No hooligan mods have been made that make it unserviceable at the dealership.

2006 Triumphs were still carbureted

It has a factory center stand for easy maintenance. Also other riders that have never seen a center stand are bewildered by it.

All in all this has been a great motorcycle for me. I used it for commuting, camping, exploring, and even depended on it as my sole transport when I lived in Bynum Montana. Not exactly down the street from a dealership. I would hop on it right now and ride it around the world. They really overbuilt these things. The ride is a very comfortable position for city and road riding. The performance is good enough to have fun but not scary fast or touchy handling. It sounds cool and different from other bikes out there. People constantly ask me about it. I have gotten a lot of free stuff for having a “cool old bike” It really can be ridden on dirt roads and trials with practice and it holds its own. This isn’t a single track monster mind you, but you can ride it were most bigger bikes don’t dare to go. Maybe because it looks the part and gives one the confidence to go for it. This is a great motorcycle for an experienced rider or one that is stepping up from a smaller bike as I did.

Located in the Pelican Lake area of Northern Wisconsin. My dad could take it to the Twin Cities for me to sell it in a more populated area.

I am asking $3800 to Expedition Portal members. I am going to price it at $4000 elsewhere. I am open to offers and please feel free to ask me any questions and I will try my best to answer.

Would also consider partial trades on a Honda Elsinore MT125 or MT250, Yamaha DT 250, Suzuki TS 185, other mid seventies enduros.

Thanks for looking!

-Jesse

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior