**SOLD** 2005 URAL Gear Up w/sidecar

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
I am selling my 2005 Ural Gear Up 2WD 750cc motorcycle with sidecar. Green camo color. I purchased it as an adventure project to travel with my wife and dog, but other expenses have cut the project short. Structurally this bike is in very good shape. It has 18531 kilometers (approx. 11514 miles) on it. The bike is a 4 speed with a reverse gear. There is a parking brake, center stand, complete tool kit, shovel, gas can w/holder, sidecar passenger camo tonneau cover, and a complete spare wheel. I have installed a new starter, new spark plugs, new fuel filters, and have changed all the fluids. The bike was upgraded to the Ducati ignition. Additionally, the bike comes with a removable surf board/paddle board rack system.

I have had the bike running, and the engine appears to be quite strong, but since I replaced the bad starter, I have come across an electrical issue that I cannot diagnose. I'm sure this is something someone mechanically inclined can easily handle.

Not much on these bikes have changed over the years. At $3,950, OBO, this bike has great potential at hopefully a reasonable price. Replacement parts (or upgrades) can be easily obtained through Ural's USA distributor in Washington State. Have clean Nevada title in hand.

If interested PM me, or contact me by e-mail - roubaixfan@yahoo.com or by phone 775-223-1947

Last edited:

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
I've had questions about the bike running. I have had it running, but it is not consistent. It began with the starter/starter button combo not working correctly. I replaced the starter after finding some issues, but it appears as if there is some problem in the wiring between the two - possibly as simple as one of the two starter relays or maybe even a battery issue (the previous owner let the bike sit for a year while dealing with personal issues). I could get it to kick start, but after a couple successful starts I would get a brief "buzz" noise and it would not start. After a while it would start, but I would go through the same cycle as before.

I've got quite a few other endeavors that I would rather use for my "tinkering" time. Here is a short video of the bike running - there is a very brief slo-motion point early in the video but it goes back to normal speed.

http://vid1318.photobucket.com/albu...5-166B-4D16-9729-E0BF7B60AA66_zpsokv0ttfz.mp4

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I got to drive one at the first Expo East - those things are a blast. Seems like an amazing deal for someone willing to do a bit of work. GLWS.

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
I got to drive one at the first Expo East - those things are a blast. Seems like an amazing deal for someone willing to do a bit of work. GLWS.

Thanks. I think this bike has great potential, but it just needs someone with a little know how and time on their hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne