SOLD 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with XP/Nimbl Camper

After nearly ten years of ownership time has come to sell this rig. It started as a fairly stock Ram with an XP camper. Over the years, many components have been upgraded by the talented builders at the factory. These are great campers and excellent service is available after the sale of the company to a new ownership group a few years ago, rebranded as Nimbl. We have lived in this camper full time for seven months and it has been all over the west on adventures. It has an indoor wet bath, full kitchen with diesel heat and cooktop. Plenty of solar and upgraded lithium batteries.

Priced to sell at $129,000 for the combo. Would consider selling the camper only for $107,500 as we love this truck.

TRUCK
2005 Dodge Ram with 5.9 Cummins, only 104,278 miles

Aluminum flatbed with storage boxes and storage drawer
Aluminum drop down bed sides for use when the camper is removed (looking for a pic)
Custom aluminum Denver Offroad front bumper, built to withstand an elk strike
ARB Air lockers, front and rear, with onboard air, tank and dual outlets
Icon shocks
62 gallon diesel tank
Upgraded rear leafs springs and air bags to handle the weight
Upgraded front steering
Brand new Goodyear Wrangler 33" tires
60% rear seat removed for additional storage

CAMPER
2012 XP Camper with many Nimbl Camper upgrades

Battleborn lithium house batteries
Solid zebra wood table with upgraded lifting mechanism
Upgraded rear window and pleated shade
70 gallon fresh water tank
25 gallon grey water tank
cassette toilet for black water
New electric roof fan recently installed
Spare roof hatch window, surround, and shade
Upgraded brush seal and mahogany trim
Steel rolling cart available for camper storage when off the truck
Partial wrap of photo of Yosemite Valley

IMG_7371.JPG
IMG_7369.JPG
IMG_7372.JPG
IMG_7378.JPG
IMG_7373.JPG
IMG_7376.JPG
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7374.JPG
IMG_7377.JPG

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Nice setup! Wow, a 2012? Can't believe it has been a decade. That must be one of the very first units. It's nice to see that these are so well built that they are easily lasting a long time. GLWS.

Nice setup! Wow, a 2012? Can't believe it has been a decade. That must be one of the very first units. It's nice to see that these are so well built that they are easily lasting a long time. GLWS.

Thanks. There were a few prototypes and this one is production model number 2. As with anything there has been some maintenance and I've upgraded a few things they changed in later years but these campers aren't going anywhere.

eugarps

Whoa! 62 gallons of fuel! What range do you get with that?

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Looks great!

Where are you located? Do you have a more comprehensive build/spec sheet?

Thanks,
Aaron

I'm located in Apple Valley, CA.

I've never done a build sheet per se but see below for the standard specs of the camper below. Modifications and upgrades are listed above. Of course, let me know if you have any specific questions.

fiberglass insulated monocoque 7'x9' main camper body with an additional queen size bed over the cab
camper body has no internal frame to wear or rot
Bed features Froli spring suspension and lifts for a huge amount of storage underneath
Kitchen has a 100l electric refrigerator
Diesel cooktop and heater, ported outside
several large cabinets, including overhead cabinets
wet bath has a flip up toilet/shower combo that closes when not in use
dinette has storage under one bench and hot water tank under the other
75 gallons of fresh water storage
25 gallons of grey water storage
cassette toilet that can be emptied into any toilet or dump station
rear storage plus a long storage drawer under the flatbed

More details on the camper can be found at https://nimblvehicles.com/vehicle/nimbl-evolution/ Although this is an earlier model, it has very similar details and dimensions. Several of the components have been upgraded to the current model specs or similar.

Being a 2005 truck it does not need diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) which is convenient and makes it better for world travel. A few of these rigs have made the entire north/south drive of North America and South America. I know of one that is currently in Africa and some have toured Europe.

For us the combination of the 75 gallon fresh water tank (good luck finding that in a van), the 62 gallons of diesel, the beefy suspension and ARB air lockers make this a unique vehicle for long range travel. We could easily stay completely away civilization on an adventure for a month or more.

Last edited:
I had a few questions via PM that made me realize I'd missed a few things in the ad:
Two 125W solar panels on top
Two 100 amp hour Battleborn batteries that charge from the solar, the truck engine, or from shore power
2000 watt inverter
Warn winch with synthetic line

tempImageKaV5GK.png

Last edited:

cogden

Great looking rig! May ask who did your Half Dome Graphics Wrap (on the right side)? Looks in great shape - how long has it been installed? Did you consider wraps for left side & rear too?

Great looking rig! May ask who did your Half Dome Graphics Wrap (on the right side)? Looks in great shape - how long has it been installed? Did you consider wraps for left side & rear too?

It's been installed for at least five years and it was don't by a local graphics company, Mojave Printing and Graphics. We sourced a photo with enough pixels for the graphic and they printed it and installed it. We had some plans to experiment with the back window and the rear wall for a sort of 3D effect but never did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles