SOLD! 2004 Tacoma with 2017 Habitat Camper

USAF04

Selling my beloved Tacoma after 12 years of impeccable service. Last year of the "good" Tacomas! Very nice condition inside and out! It is located in Palmyra, PA. Just drove 3000 miles to move to PA and truck performed perfectly. I would turn around and drive to Alaska and not have any worries with this truck. Was asking $26,000, now $22,000!!!

Truck:
-2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD, SR5 (factory E-locker)
-3.4L V-6, 5 speed manual trans
-110,900 miles
-Original glossy red paint, no fading or clear coat peeling
-Owned since 2006, no smoking, pets, or children
-Garaged for past 8+ years
-Clear CA title in hand, currently registered
-No rust ever
-Maintained with synthetic fluids

-Suspension:
-OME HD coils and struts up front, with 1/4" top spacer
-Custom built Alcan leaf packs (rated at 1000 lbs over stock) Bilstein 5100 shocks and Sumo Springs progressive rate bump stops on the back end

Wheels / Tires:
-2005 Tundra wheels and center caps - these were media blasted and sprayed semi-gloss black with HVLP gun (not spray canned)
-BF Goodrich 255/85 16 mud terrains (maybe 75% tread?) with matching brand new spare under bed (tire carrier extended to fit larger tire)
-1.25" wheel spacers from All-Pro

Other Upgrades:
-Warn M8000 winch with Viking synthetic line
-ARB front bumper, All-Pro rear bumper with hitch
-Re-geared to 4.88 with Sierra Gear parts
-Dakota Digital speed recalibrator, making speedometer/odometer accurate after re-gear
-K&N air filter with deck plate mod on factory air box
-Gray wire mod done, allowing use of rear locker in 4wd high
-Diver's seat replaced with same era 4Runner seat for adjustability in height and lumbar support (sale includes perfect original driver's seat)
-Husky floor mats, dash cover (dash has no cracks)
-National Luna dual battery system
-Thick aluminum skid plate riveted to factory gas tank skid (custom made)
-Custom badging and decals (everyone asks "is that really a Land Cruiser"?)
-All the interior parts that seem to be "missing" are included with the sale (rear seats and belts, boot for shifters, child seat rest, etc.) Just removed to make storage room or change the look
-Fumoto oil drain valve on engine oil pan (super handy)

Camper:
-2017 AT Overland Habitat
-Tent upgraded to new style in May 2018 (replaced by AT-best customer service in the business)
-Still smells new!
-Extra options with order were carpeted interior, front sliding window, and cargo tracks mounted along both interior sides (almost $2000 in extra options)
-Propex heater installed in custom box with quick disconnect for propane in driver's side wheel well (thermostat mounted within reach of bed)
-100 amp hour deep cycle Odyssey battery
-Blue Sea fuse block in custom aluminum box
-Storage boxes designed to hold Thetford porta-potty and Alu-Box on top
-Led light strip with switch
-12 volt outlet

Known Issues:
-Transfer case "weeps" I hesitate to say leak since it's not bad, and intermittent, but it always looks "dirty"
-Just noticed a small leak (no drips on ground) at seal where front drive shaft goes into front differential
-Brake light stays on for a little while when it's cold out after parking brake has been released (I made sure parking brake was not hanging up)
-Batteries will drain if the truck sits for days or weeks without being driven (I'll either disconnect if I know I won't be driving it, or trickle / maintain charge)

Tuck has been very well cared for and loved. It gets tons of compliments. It has been an extremely reliable truck for the past 12 years, and difficult to sell. Truth is I don't use it very much and don't want to maintain a third vehicle with the level of care I put into it. My plan is to buy a Four Wheel Camper shell model for my full sized truck that I drive daily. Again, this is located in Palmyra, PA not California. I'm 20 minutes from the Harrisburg airport. I do not think there will be any disappointments with this truck, but remember it is 15 years old, with 110,000 miles. There are a few chips and dings, but overall an extremely clean 2004. I will not sell truck or camper individually. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, as I'm sure I left something out. Price potentially negotiable for serious buyers.
IMG_1270.JPGIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1272.JPGIMG_1273.JPGIMG_1274.JPGIMG_1275.JPGIMG_1277.JPGIMG_1279.JPGIMG_1281.JPGIMG_1282.JPG

Last edited:

RandyC

Wow! What an amazing build. The attention to detail and cleanliness of the whole truck is very nice. If I just didn't but my '15 with AT Summit getting delivered soon I'd be all over that. Where were you in April?! GLWS, someone will be getting an amazing truck.

Arctic Taco

Adventurer
Nice rig, very clean and well appointed.
I can only dream of something like that. Good luck with the sale- it is a fine setup

USAF04

Hoping to sell before annual price increase for Four Wheel Campers. Asking $22,000. Considering reasonable offers!

USAF04

How tall is this with the Habitat installed?
It measures 85.5 inches (7ft 1 1/2 in) at the tallest point with nothing in the bed. It does fit into my standard height (7ft) garage by airing down the back tires to 8 or 10 psi. I just air them back up one I get through the door.

ih8philly

Adventurer
I hope you dont mind a couple other questions.

Has the timing belt been done?

I don't know much about the Habitat. Am I reading the forums correctly, that this is an earlier model which is identifiable from the two piece sides?

USAF04

I hope you dont mind a couple other questions.

Has the timing belt been done?

I don't know much about the Habitat. Am I reading the forums correctly, that this is an earlier model which is identifiable from the two piece sides?
The timing belt was replaced at 38,200 miles along with the water pump under warranty. So, it has under 73,000 miles on it, good for another 25,000.
You are correct that the Habitat is one of the earlier models. More attractive and slightly less industrial looking than the one piece version, in my humble opinion!
Please feel free to ask all the questions you want!

Heavyopp

Observer
This is a beautiful truck — what kind of mileage do you get? How about top speed with the 4.88 gears?

Edit — not really concerned with top speed - should have asked what a comfortable highway cruising speed is with the 4.88 gearing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles