SOLD! 2003 G500

creede

Cross posting just in case it gets buried in the For Sale section...

Sadly it's time for this one to go to another buyer.

IMG_6516.jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_8109.JPG

This 2003 Mercedes G500 been built and maintained specifically for overloading and features dual batteries, front runner drawers, Alucab roof top tent, 270 degree canopy and Quick Pitch en suite, along with a clear view drop down fridge slide and shelf among many other improvements. Please see the link below for all the details and photos / video. It currently has 184,000 miles and has been my daily driver for 4 years. Everything in the photos is included with the exception of the fridge and stove.

FULL DETAILS HERE

Last edited:

safariguy

Observer
Good luck with the sale, Creede. The vehicle was a wonderful G when I owned it and the next owner will enjoy it as well. What's next for you?

creede

Wow! Really interested in the thought process there.

Honestly the G500 has way more capability than I need in Texas. There is almost nowhere in the state besides private property where I need 4wd, and sadly I just haven't made it out of state enough to justify it. The 300td has almost the same payload (a couple hundred pounds less) plus the SLS suspension that makes it comfy when unloaded or with 1,000 lbs in the back. It gets almost three times the MPG which means a much better range, it's stupid simple with almost zero electronics and an engine that will go 500k. All that and it's much easier to get the 120lb dog in and out of. Oh, and I can sleep in the back comfortably. Its more about what I need than what I want. If I lived in Colorado or Utah, I would definitely keep the truck. Sadly, Texas blows for camping.

thisoneguy

Audi Expositioner
Having lived a good amount of time in Texas, I can understand all of that. The state flag should be a private property sign. Good Stuff, GLWTS. I didn't pay much less than that for my '91 - This really is a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier