*SOLD* 2003 AEV-Built Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Tentrax Off Road Trailer

ih8philly

Adventurer
**SOLD**

Two non-smoker owners. Was originally an AZ car. I moved it to CA, then to NC. Rust free; the images speak for themselves! Just about everything has been done. Locked, gears, armor, recovery, etc. It is highly capable offroad, but perhaps one of the most civilized and clean TJs you can get. I’ve done a full course of sound deadening throughout the entire tub. It has power windows, power locks, cruise control, and a remote start/alarm.

Most modifications have been done by one of three companies. This was bought new and shipped to AEV to do the original build. This included the tummy tuck, skids, lift, OBA, heat reduction hood, and bumpers. At this time the vehicle was also upfitted with power windows and power locks. This was a very early AEV build, well before they became famous. However, you can tell why they got so big. The quality of their installation and wiring is impressive.

I purchased the Jeep in 2012, sight unseen and did a fly and drive from Phoenix to So. Cal. During my ownership I spent a lot of time getting the vehicle lift, handling, and livability dialed in. All modifications done under my ownership was done at JeePerformance Inc. in Yucaipa CA or with my good friend at Tobacco Road 4WD in NC. JeePerformance did the control arms, shocks, steering, regear and a few other things. Tobacco Road recently did the drive shafts, brakes, and transfer case shifter.

Although it is a short arm lift, this thing has crazy flex. Every suspension joint that could be replaced, has been replaced with Johnny Joints (I hope the new owner likes greasing zerks).

One of my favorite modifications is the Kilby onboard air. It is amazingly fast at airing up. After group rides I would air myself up then go around airing other folks up.

The Tentrax trailer was purchased around the same time as the vehicle, when new. It is a perfect trailer for this vehicle. It tracks straight and follows the Jeep faithfully offroad; if the Jeep will go, the trailer will follow. Setup takes about 2 minutes and it probably doubles the amount of usable space in the Jeep.

Known issues: The body/paint are in good shape but there are rock chips up front and near the door sills, some rub marks on the plastic fenders, and some rock rash on the trailer rims. The rear bumper could use some touchup, especially around the hitch mount. There is a small dent where the tire carrier/high lift rotated into the body. You could get this out via PDR easily enough. It was in one accident under previous ownership. The PO rear ended a work van which is why they had to file a report. No damage was actually done to the Jeep. The van had a small dent on the bumper.

Reason for sale: I caught Land Cruiser fever. Common sense dictates I only need one unnecessary vehicle.

Location: Just north of Raleigh, NC. Willing to coordinate with a fly-and-drive or shipping.

Price: $22,000. I know pricing on this is difficult, TJ pricing is all over the place and the trailer complicates valuation even further. I will not sell the trailer separately.

Specifications
87,000 miles
Stone White
Slate Gray Interior
Factory Vinyl Seats
Fold & Tumble Rear Seat (not currently installed, but can be reinstalled with some trimming of sound deadening)
Automatic Transmission
Power Windows (aftermarket)
Power Door Locks (aftermarket)
Heated Seats
Hardtop- Stone White
Full Doors- Stone White

Suspension/Steering/Brakes
4” AEV Lift
Bilstein 5100s
Front lower bucket coil spring retainers
Savvy aluminum double adjustable control arms with Johnny Joints - Upper and lower / front and rear
Currie front upper axle mount Johnny Joint conversion
JKS front lower control arm mount skids
Synergy rear lower control arm mount skids
Tom Woods driveshaft, front and rear
MetalCloak Front Trackbar (heim replaced with Johnny Joint)
Front Currie Aluminum Anti-Rock
Currie CorrectLync Steering System
OME Steering Stabilizer
4.88 gears
Black Magic Brake pads with Centric Premium rotors

Motor/Transmission
PSC Motorsports TJ/LJ Transmission Cooler (13503 (8000 Series) Derale Coolers)
Browndog motor mount
Savvy Transfer Case Cable Shifter

Armor
Nth Degree Tummy Tuck Skid Plate (No body lift! Very rare to see these done without a body lift)
Nth Degree Engine Skid
Nth Degree Oil Skid
Nth Degree Front & Rear Differential Skid
AEV Rock Sliders
Crane Heavy Duty Cast Diff Covers Front & Rear
Durango 4X4 Rear Bumper Swing Out Tire Carrier with 2” receiver and custom 2nd safety latch system
Durango 4X4 Trail Basket – Line-x’ed
Durango 4X4 Gerry Can Holder w/Gerry Can – Line-x’ed
Durango 4X4 Lift Jack Mount w/48” Highlift Jack
Rokmen Frame Tie-Ins for Rear Bumper (total of 10 attachment points between rear bumper and frame)
ARB Front Bull Bumper (modified to fit Anti Rock)
Kilby Steering Skid
Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Exterior
AEV Heat Reduction Hood

Lighting / Electrical
IPF H4 Headlight Conversion
IPF Off Road Lights (x2)
Kilby Dual Battery Tray
Dual Blue Top Optima Batteries
Painless Dual Battery Solenoid with in-cab controls
Mopar 7 Pin Trailer Harness and plug (recessed in bumper)
4L Locker Bypass Switch
NOCO Genius Battery Tender

OBA
Kilby York Onboard Air System
Air chucks in cab & under hood
Pressure Gauge/switch in-cab and under hood

Interior
1” Seat Risers
Overhead CB Console
QuickFist Flashlight Holder
Painless Wiring Accessory Fuse Block
Cobra CB Radio – 18 WX ST II
Terraflex Passenger Side Taillight Antenna Mount
3' Firestik (Black) w/ Quick Disconnect
Raingler Side Web Nets
Husky Liners - Front & Rear Passenger
Alarm System with Auto Start and (2) Feedback on Fob
15% Window Tint on Front Windows (Llumar Window Film), Factory Tint on Hardtop
HotHeads Headliner (Graphite)
CoverKing Front Seat Covers (Charcoal over Black)
Kenwood KDC-BT752HD- Bluetooth, HD Radio, Pandora Bluetooth Streaming (installed with Metra Vehicle Specific Wiring Harness and Posi-twist Connectors, no modifications done to vehicle wiring harness)
Custom Rear Deck (80/20 Aluminum Quick Frame, 3/4 Birch Plywood)
A1 Electric Power Window Kit
Full sound deadening
Synergy front and rear weld-in roll cage

Recovery
Warn 9.5Ti Winch
MasterPull Winch Line (100ft of 3/8th line) with safety thimble

Wheels / Tires
(5) Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx (285/75-16)

Tentrax Off Road Trailer
Moab Rims with Goodyear MT/R 285 75R 16 Tires
1,400lb Torflex Axle w/3500lbs hubs
4” lift
Protective Body Sliders
Top Rack
Integrated tent
Hitch Options - 2" Ball, pintle, Max Coupler
Safety chains or cables
Attached Storage Tray w/ Box (Painted with Line-X)
Large Exterior Storage Tray (Painted with Line-X)
Folding Dual Bicycle Carrier Rack that plugs into trailer’s rear receiver hitch
Rear 2” Receiver Hitch mount
Aluminum step
Tire Chocks (x4)
Auxiliary Battery Hookup
7 pin wiring plug
Axel Skid Plate
1,200 lb Wheel Tongue Jack with Custom Mount

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_111648.jpg
    IMG_20200112_111648.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_20200112_111809.jpg
    IMG_20200112_111809.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 2,695
Last edited:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
That is just about the perfect TJ build. At a different point in my life I would be plopping down cash for this in a heart beat. Best of luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior