SOLD 2002 Suzuki DRZ-400

FOR SALE

2001 Suzuki DRZ-400 $2200

I purchased this bike about one year ago from Ian Erhardt on this forum. It showed signs of honest use but good care. Ian said that he had set up the suspension for his weight, about 180lbs I should think. This appears to be true as the suspension wasn’t enough for my 250 lb frame. He mentioned that he had reworked the carbs, and they seem fine even at 3,000 here in the high desert. The bike starts easily and runs well. There are no known issues. The bike is fitted with a GPR steering stabilizer, larger tank, and aftermarket bodywork/lights. The bike is wearing Dunlop D-606 trials tires, 90/90/21 front, and 130/90/18 rear. They are in good condition with ample tread. I am most likely leaving out some things that I should be listing out of ignorance on my part Every thing that you see in the pictures is included in the price. I welcome questions, but I am a street bike guy, and my knowledge of the dirt is thin.
Suzuki 035.jpg

Suzuki 026.jpg

Suzuki 031.jpg

Suzuki 032.jpg

Suzuki 030.jpg

Last edited:

orangeTJ

Explorer
Pretty low miles for a 2002. My 02 has 11k miles on it.

Other mods I see:
Skid plate
Stainless braided front brake line
different rear sprocket, do you know what size the front and rear sprockets are?

Doug,
Thanks for the additional information on my bike. The gearing is 15 front and 47 rear, and both sprockets appear to be in good condition. I have no idea what "normal" gearing should be, but this gear ratio seemed "good" both on and off road.
Cheers,

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Why am I not buying this?

Great deal. I better google Apple Valley and see how far it is from me in SF....

billy bee

Adventurer
Sorry for the error, this is actually a 2001, not 2002. I always thought it was a 2002, but I was mistaken.

That does make a difference. There were suspension upgrades in 2002. You might want to post up more details of the suspension set up work the PO did.

BTW, I'm still interested, but waiting for a work check to materialize.

bb

That does make a difference. There were suspension upgrades in 2002. You might want to post up more details of the suspension set up work the PO did.

BTW, I'm still interested, but waiting for a work check to materialize.

bb

I don't have enough knowledge about these bikes to comment on the suspension. It felt like the spring rate was a bit soft for me, but no surprise there as I go about 275 these days. The previous owner mentioned that he had modified the suspension for his weight, about 175 I would think. I didn't bother to check on other mods as it wasn't going to change my decision to buy.

Suspension information

I contacted the member who sold me the bike. Here is the information I received on the suspension:

"RaceTech set up the bike for my weight. I know new springs and oil were installed, just don't remember rate of the spring or the weight of the oil. It was set up for 165 to 195 roughly."

Hopefully this will help

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles