-- SOLD --, 2000 Jeep Cherokee with LOTS of stuff, -- SOLD --

ExpoMike

With much thought, I think the time has come to let go of our beloved Jeep Cherokee. It has been a very loyal, reliable and comfortable vehicle for our entry into overland travels. We have seen so many wonderful places in this rig, towing our now sold Kamparoo trailer. This rig was setup to do moderate wheeling but not be a rock crawler. It rides very nice and I can drive hundreds of miles and not be beat as when I get out, as some rigs can do. It can run by itself or is setup to pull a 2000 lbs. trailer on whatever trails you choose. The rear airbags give that adjustability without limiting any rear wheel travel.

We have moved into our Dodge Ram with Four Wheel Camper and the reality is, we are not going to use the Cherokee anymore. We sold our Kamparoo so all of our trips will be in the Dodge. I hate seeing the rig just sitting and would like to see someone else get a great rig that they can use as is or continue to add improvements to suit their needs. Feel free to ask any questions. The rig is located in San Diego, CA. I would not hesitate for a minute to drive this anywhere in the world. PM me for contact/info.

IMG_0462.jpg

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4, 4 Door
107,000 miles, bought Jan 2006 with 88,000 miles
4.0L Inline 6
4 Speed Auto (AW4)
NP 231 transfer case
Cold Air Conditioning
Power Steering, Brakes, Windows, Mirrors and Locks
D30 Front Axle, Chry. 8.25 Rear Axle with LSD, 4.10 gears
Axle was swapped in, it was new from Chrysler and has less than 20K miles on drum to drum axle since swap
Hitch with 7 pin wiring

Mods: (all mods done at 90,000 miles or later)
Rusty's 2.5" coils
JKS ACOS
Old Man Emu 3" leafs
T&T Track Bar with HD frame mount
JKS Lower Arm
RE Super Ride Upper Arms
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Bilstein 5100 series shock
Bridgestone 245/75-16 Dualer A/T REVO's
AJ's Super Rock Rails
Warn Transfer Skid
Factory Front Skid
ARB Front Bumper
Smittybuilt XRC-8 8,000 lbs. Winch with Master Pull Synthetic winch line
OKOffroad XD shackle mounts
IPF 6.5” offroad lights 100 watt with factory fog light switch
PORC Slip Yoke Eliminator kit
Airlift helper airbags, custom kit with longest travel bags, does not limit travel
Montana Fab Transmission Controller, allows manual locking into 1st or 2nd gear
Hayens Large Trans Cooler
Cobra 75WX CB with Wilson 1000 Mag Mount antenna
Custom Door Pockets built by NAXJA member
Full Size Spare with matching wheel
Titanium U-Joint Retention Caps
DieHard Platinum Battery
AutoPal H4 headlight housing with 55/100 watt bulbs
Custom headlight harness, pulls power from battery via relays, takes all the load off the switch
Pioneer AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with iPod adapter and upgraded speakers
Scan Gauge II
Factory High Idle Switch to raise idle to approx. 1100 rpm’s
New Front Rotors and Pads
Wrangler Cargo Barrier Net
New Starter
Viper Alarm
More Stuff I Can’t Recall At This Point

Bad:
Minor rear main seal oil leak, common on almost all Jeep 4.0L with 75K+ miles
Driver side air bag fitting slow leak, about 1-2 psi per week
A couple minor dings
Windshield has crack at the lower, center of windshield due to placing SPOT unit there in direct sunlight
B&M Trans Temp Gauge stopped working

Additional Items IF Sold at Full Price:
3 Matching Factory Wheels (16x7)
Wide Chain Kit for NP231
6 Gear, Planetary Sun Gear Kit (factory uses 3)
Factory Service Manual

Price:
$7,300
IMG_0525.jpg

Pre ARB Bumper and Winch
IMG_1082.jpg

Pre ARB Bumper and Winch
Prescott_trailer_testing_210.jpg

Door Pockets
PICT5070.jpg

Airbags
PICT5814.jpg

Transmission Controller
PICT5835.jpg

ARB Bumper, Smittybuilt Winch and shackle mounts
PICT5989.jpg

Last edited:

poriggity

Explorer
This is a friggin awesome XJ.. If the $$ was there, this would be in my driveway. I've seen it in person at a T4T event last year, and it's CLEAN!

Rozzi

Adventurer
I think this is a bargain for what it is. If I wasn't leaving country for a month, I'd be all over it. Good luck with sale.

fowldarr

Explorer
I've been looking at a stock one with more miles for 5500. With all the mods and lower miles, this is a heck of a deal. I may be in contact in the next week. Unfortunately, I am a long way from San Diego

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
This is a well built Jeep too. I saw it a couple years ago in AZ and it was well-tended to. It needs a good home... work something out guys!

ExpoMike

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It is well sorted and well care for. It has been a very tough decision to let this go as this is the second longest vehicle I have owned (6 years as of tomorrow, our Mazda3 is the longest owned by 3 days).

I hope someone on ExPo ends up with it but I also hope no one is waiting for a price drop. I have a little room to work with but no need or rush to sell.

Thanks.

ExpoMike

Cherokee is SOLD.

First person to look at it. Thanks for everyones comments and interest. Sad day... it will be missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior