SOLD: 1995 F350 7.3L w/ Grandby camper & Alumline flat bed

nastav

Adventurer
This appears to be a perfectly utilitarian exploration rig for 2 people and a lot of surfboards.
Baja (and points South) all day in this beast.
Not really overtly fancy or showy......looks nice, but not really “expensive” or “built”.
Money spent on running gear and systems......not flash sexy overland gear.

A TRD pro Tacoma costs almost $45k; and then you are stuck with a tiny no-power / no payload truck with a shoebox bed you cant sleep in...not a ready to go Baja beast.

I’d want a manual transmission, but that’s picking nits.

Chorky

Observer
Really hope you find a good solid buyer who will take care of this, and appreciate it without just beating it up. Awesome truck!! If only I had free cash

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Love the interior of this truck, would you mind telling me what the front center seat is out of? I dont think it was mentioned anywhere.

theron

Love the interior of this truck, would you mind telling me what the front center seat is out of? I dont think it was mentioned anywhere.

Truck is 8’6” tall, up to the solar panels

Weight is 9000# fully wet and loaded up fully. That’s 2400# of payload

Camper has 12 gallons of water on board, I use that for washing dishes. There is no grey water tank but one could be added to the side storage on the camper if you had the fire

Center console is from a later 99.5+ Super Duty I believe

————

Some nice folks came to see the truck and they had 2 concerns, 1 of which is fixed and the other is the trucks nature.

- They felt the truck shifted too firm, the torque converter lock up was a bit abrupt, so I had new tunes created from Gear Head. The truck shifts much more like stock now.

www.ghtuning.com

- This truck isn’t quiet like a newer 6.7 diesel. It’s just the nature and charm of the vehicle. The upside is there are no fancy emission systems to break or go bad and it can run whatever fuel and be happy. I’ve taken the truck through Mexico before and the dual spin on fuel filters are a huge win.

- The camper is vintage, used, but also works totally fine and has modern amenities like the new 12v fridge, solid solar setup, and inverter/charger that with shore power charges the solar batteries AND truck batteries. Most of the vehicles value is in the truck itself and is flat bed camper ready.

Last edited:

seeker15

Who made the flatbed? Noob question but is the camper supported on the storage bins? Do the storage bins fold over? Very nice rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorer0863

Adventurer
Very nice truck/camper setup! I am about to paint my rig and really love that tan color. I read in your description that it's an FJ40 tan. I know the factory used several tan/beige colors back in those days. Do you have more specific information about the color? Like the official name or perhaps the paint code? Thanks and GLWS!

theron

Who made the flatbed? Noob question but is the camper supported on the storage bins? Do the storage bins fold over? Very nice rig

Alumline out of Iowa. The side boxes do not support any weight in this setup. They fold open and have cable hinge supports, very strong.

I feel like I should be getting a cut of all their new sales from this Ad! Ha!

Very nice truck/camper setup! I am about to paint my rig and really love that tan color. I read in your description that it's an FJ40 tan. I know the factory used several tan/beige colors back in those days. Do you have more specific information about the color? Like the official name or perhaps the paint code? Thanks and GLWS!

____

Not in the hurry to sell the rig, it works and it's awesome and each time it's off pavement it makes me smile at its capability. It's hanging out up in Whitefish, MT this winter and possibly Baja Bound in February

Last edited:

theron

Off topic how’d you get your coon to be so mello or does it come with age? Mines out of control haha

Starting to feel guilty for kicking this to the top so frequently...

Hounds are very stubborn but sensitive too. They need an even stronger pack leader or they will take charge and run the show. Easiest pathway to that is controlling food.

In the history of wolves to dogs the pack leader would eat first and then give permission to the rest of the pack when they could eat. Gotta do the same with a hound. My dog will sit and wait to eat until I give permission. A happy life for all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier