SOLD!! 1991 Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon 4X4 Turbo Diesel

8APRIUS

I will start off by saying that I am selling my Delica due to trying to "thin the herd" a bit. Five four wheeled vehicles and who knows how many 2 wheelers is getting to be a bit much to look after, let alone the insurance for all of them.

If you are looking for an extremely versatile vehicle that performs well, you have found it. Here are some stats:

• 83,000 Miles
  • 4 Wheel Drive (4 high, 4 low, 2 high)
  • 5 Speed Manual
  • 2.5L Turbo Diesel
  • 8 Passenger
  • 21-25 MPG

The truck was imported from Japan around three years ago and therefore is right hand drive. Adapting to this is quite easy. The best part of this feature is when someone passes you and your dog is sitting the left seat!

I had wanted a Delica for quite some time. Last summer I missed one on eBay and a few weeks later this one came up on a BringATrailer auction. Here is a list of what was performed during my ownership:

• BFGoodrich KO2 A/T Tires (~5000 miles)
  • Replaced Tranmission Fluid with Royal Purple
  • Installed 2.5" Stainless "Side dump" exhaust. This helps shed EGT's a bit quicker.
  • Pro-Comp Front Shocks
  • Rear Monroe Air Shocks
  • Kats Circulating Coolant Heater
  • FTS 2" Towing Receiver (Pic below)
  • Krown Oil Undercoating (Professionally done)

The interior room is incredible! I have hauled a couple motorcycles in the back (albeit on the smaller side) and camped in it a few nights too. Since purchasing the Delica last August, I have racked up just over 5k miles without issue. It is extremely reliable and couldn't run better. When starting the van on cold mornings I have been using the recirculating coolant heater. Although, I have started it without the heater on a -10 deg F morning and it started without issue. On the mild two-tracks that I have been on the short wheelbase performed very well.

Here is the link to the auction listing where I purchased it: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mitsubishi-delica-3

I would confidently hop in the van and drive it anywhere without any worries. It drives very easily, straight and comfortable.

Price: $13750

o9vDted.jpg

K1IpC1N.jpg

PN5xmMK.jpg

0UWCZh5.jpg

0xDuSWJ.png

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Wow- what a beauty!
I've admired these from afar for many years- wish you were a bit closer to San Diego...
I see them in SoCal, often loaded up on their way south into Baja

GLWS!

8APRIUS

I apologize to all that have responded. I didn't have email alerts setup and didn't know there was any action here. The Delica is still available. I am trying to avoid the Craigslist crowd like the plague. This Delica is 100% ready to go for the next owner and can very easily be a daily driver. Be prepared to be asked questions at every stop you make, this thing garners a lot of attention. I have thought seriously about making notecards with the following info:

• Yes, it is right hand drive.
  • No, it's not weird to drive on the right.
  • It was imported from Japan
  • Yes, it's diesel.
And so on....

8APRIUS

I have had a couple questions regarding shipping and there are a few options. Again, this van is 100% ready for a road trip and received a fresh oil change yesterday. If you wanted to do a fly&drive, Traverse City airport (KTVC) is the closest and I am more than happy to pick you up there. If you choose to have the van shipped I will facilitate the shipping company any way I can. Third option is that I deliver it to you. For the cost of the trip I can deliver the van to you within a reasonable distance, say within 1000 miles or so?

8APRIUS

How does it handle in the snow? Delica's are on my wish list. Looks awesome!

I was a bit trepidatious about the winter time handling due to the short wheelbase but it handles extremely well, better than anticipated. I have owned a few TJ Wranglers and found them to be somewhat "sketchy" to drive in slushy conditions so I figured that is what the Delica would handle like. Luckily they are much better.

Deshet

Adventurer
Can you tell me your exact tire size? I just bought a Delica and like the way your sits.

How much have you been able to tow with yours?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles