SOLD! ’02 F-250 4WD, Lariat, 7.3, 105k miles, BUILT. $30K

Kowboy

Adventurer
Very solid truck professionally built with high-end components for all your towing, off-road camping, and exploring adventures. Hard to find 4WD, extended cab, short bed truck with tow mirrors. Top of the line Lariat interior package.

Purchased from the original owner 04/2012 with 54k miles. Truck was bone stock.

Drivetrain/Suspension/Tires/Wheels

Coveted 7.3L diesel. Standard 7.3L mods performed 04/2013: fuel bowl delete, regulated fuel return, screen removed from fuel fill/vent. Installed fuel/water separator, TS Performance 6-position chip with stock burn, industrial glow plug relay, and 4” turbo-back, straight-piped exhaust. New alternator 09/2014. New water pump 10/2015. New fuel lines, ICP sensor, intercooler boots, and serpentine belt 09/2019 at 101k miles. Always professionally maintained.

4R100 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive. Precision Industries torque converter, BTS valve body, and transmission cooler off newer 6.0L truck installed 04/2013.

Atlas 4-speed transfer case with cable shifters.

Front axle is a high-pinion Dynatrac ProRock 60 with 35-splin chromoly inner/outer shafts and Warn premium locking hubs. Crossover steering with AGR Rock Ram hydraulic assist.

Rear axle is a full-float Dynatrac ProRock 80.

Both axles have ARB air lockers, 4.56 gears, and are 8 x 6.5” bolt pattern.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 6” lift all-spring suspension system with 2.0 aluminum series shocks. Duals in front. Rear axle has a custom-made, anti-spring-wrap bar and air bags with limit straps.

Onboard air system run by an ARB 12v twin high performance compressor. 4-gallon air storage tank and Airlift in-cab controller with gauge for the air bags.

Transfer case, axles, and suspension installed the last months of 2013.

40 x 13.50R20 Maxxis RAZR-MT tires on 20” TrailReady beadlocks. 2” Nittro Gear wheel spacers. Tires/wheels installed 05/2019 and have approx. 10k miles on them. Matching tire/wheel spare has never been on the ground. Mounted in bed with a custom wheel net from Macs Custom Tie Downs.

Exterior

Road Armor Stealth front bumper with PIAA white and yellow fog lights and a pair of ARB Intensity LED flood lights. Warn 16.5 TI Thermometric winch with 100’ x 7/16” Superline winch line and a Factor 55 ProLink XXL shackle mount and Hawse fairlead.

Custom-made rock sliders welded to the frame. Bushwacker cut-out flares. 2007 front grille. Line-X sprayed in bed and on the lower portion of the exterior body panels.

TrailReady rear bumper with Rigid LED reverse lights on a 3-way switch.

Headlights, taillights, cab clearance lights, and cab 3rd brake light are all Recon LED.

Full body paint job applied on 06/2019. Only badging on truck is blue oval on grille and tailgate.

Custom matched A.R.E. V-Series shell installed 06/2019.

Interior

Fancy as it got 19 years ago and still in excellent condition. Heated, electric leather seats. AC blows cold air. Factory stereo still sounds good but it did eat a CD a few years ago so no CD player. Husky floormats front and rear

Banks pillar pod gauges for pyrometer, transmission temp, and boost. Tekonsha Prodigy P3 trailer brake controller.

All pictures are current.

Known issues:

• Lower part of rear seat and factory jack are long gone.
  • Speedometer was calibrated to the 37” tires when axles were installed but not corrected again for the 40” tires.
  • Power windows work but are getting slower.
  • Drivers side light bulb behind HVAC panel in dash is burned out.
Truck is currently being driven to work daily so miles are increasing slightly. Truck located minutes away from the airport in Jacksonville, Florida. Fly in and drive it home anywhere without hesitation.

All perspective buyers are encouraged to come inspect the truck. You won’t be disappointed. No tire-kicking joy rides though. I’ll take a perspective buyer for a test drive once the perspective buyer provides financial proof of ability to purchase the truck.

“In God We Trust” … all others pay cash.

I’ll hand the successful buyer the keys and a clear, signed South Dakota title once 100% of sale price has cleared my bank account.

Sale price is $30,000.

For luxury camping, I’ll include my 2019 Boreas XT expedition camping trailer to tow behind the truck for an additional $28,000.

Truck is sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS with all faults known/unknown and with no warranty expressed or implied. This is a specialized, modified vehicle and buyer should check local vehicle laws to determine eligibility for registration in a state other than South Dakota.

A_Bow.jpg
B_Starboard bow.jpg
C_Starboard.jpg
D_Starboard stern.jpg
E_Stern.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
One hell of an outfit. I stumbled across it when you had the camper in the bed. Super cool then- super cool now! Hope you find it a good home. Thanks for sharing with all of us the pictures and write-ups. Definitely gave me some great ideas for my own projects.

Kowboy

Adventurer
Thank you sir ... it's certainly been good to me.

Hopefully I can find a new owner that'll take full advantage of its 4wd capabilities.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Oh man this is a cool truck. I'm not much into red vehicles, but everything about it has me reconsidering. I'm sure you'll find a good buyer soon enough, good luck with the sale!

Very interested.

What kind of payload would you limit to in the bed? I'm looking at putting a slide in camper and additional hitch mounted storage on it.

Kowboy

Adventurer
Payload would be an interestin' question right now. But let's get back to that shortly.

I had the truck built up with all the goodies to haul around my custom-made Hallmark pop-up camper and take me places I could be alone. It worked extremely well. Was on 37's back then but carried a full-size spare and 2 fuel cans on the back. Truck can still be seen on Hallmark's website.

20160528_195738.jpg

I had Alcan Springs out of Grand Junction, CO make me a custom set of rear leaf springs for $800 and it was a perfect set-up. I still have the invoice on it with all the specs and I got no doubt they could crank out another pair.

When I sold the Hallmark, the ride was obviously too rough without the weight so I went back to the standard 6" lift leaf springs for the lift kit. Air bags are still on there but I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on it.

The drivetrain will certainly handle whatever you want but I'd recommend puttin' the custom rear leaf springs back on it for a camper. And away you'll go. Never ceased to amaze me how well this rig runs off-road. Lots and lots of torque AND gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles