SOLD… 1996 F250 7.3 powerstroke manual transmission

amgvr4

Adventurer
Price Reduced 12/12/2022 $11,000 OBO

It is finally time to part with this family treasure. I have owned it since 2014 and leading up to that I spent a year looking for it. It was pretty much stock with 228k miles on it when I got it and over the last 7 years I have transformed it into a very capable trail and adventure truck. There is way to much to list here so at the bottom I will include a link to the build thread I kept going for it in the full size forum over the years. I very thoroughly documented all the work I have done to it in that thread. For starters it is a rare crew cab short bed 7.3 power stroke with the better zf5-s47 manual transmission. the interior is clean for its age and has all the power options. It has a Kenwood head unit, CB radio and boost/EGT/oil temp gauge. The truck currently has 330k miles on it and runs great. It smokes in the morning when cold since it has larger injectors but once warm it goes away. The only down side is the transmission needs a rebuild. The syncros on 2nd, 3rd and 4th are pretty shot so you need to double clutch and shift a tad slow to keep it happy. I have been waiting for the clutch to start slipping to do both at the same time, but the clutch is still very strong so I just lived with it for the last few years. Other than that the truck drives great and gets 15 mpg even in the 300 hp tune. Here is a quick list of the improvements. F250 Build Thread <----See this thread for pictures

-Swapped in a Dana 60 front axle with fully custom Fox coilovers and rear shackle reversal. It is lifted only 2" over a stock F350 but has 36" of articulation. It has 4.10 gears and a rear limited slip.

- 37x13.5 17 Cooper STT tires and 17" Method wheels. Tires are at about 25% so enough to make it through to next spring

-Rebuilt stage 1 injectors and all injector related seals, o-rings, gaskets and harnesses

-HP Hydra tuner with custom tunes and lifetime re-tunes

-Rebuilt turbo with a wicked wheel, 1.0 AR hot side, Riff Riff up pipes, 3" down pipe and 4" exhaust

-Completely rebuilt the fuel system from tank to heads. New rear 38 gal tank, front tank delete, new fuel lines from tank to heads, electric fuel pump and twin spin on filter setup and fuel bowl delete

-Custom headlights with bi-zenon projector retrofit. True HID with proper alignment and cut off. Wired for offroad light on the front bumper.

-Custom front and rear bumpers with mount for a winch in front and high clearance in the rear. The rear also come with a spare tire swing out, I don't usually run with it on unless I'm on a road trip.

-Completely rebuilt steering and steering box

-Upgraded to hydro boost brakes and PS pump

-Upgraded to high end AGM batteries with new cables

- DB electrical monster starter

-Two custom bed racks, one cab hight and one low for keeping your roof top tent below the roof line

-In bed tool box

-Rear air bags

It has plenty of dents and scratches from years of trail runs and work but is rust free and straight. The bed could be replaced or better yet put a flat bed on it and never look back. There is so much more I am forgetting so please take a look at my build thread to get an idea of how much blood, sweat and tears have been put into this one of a kind beast. Feel free to message me with questions.

Last edited:

amgvr4

Adventurer
Here are some pictures
IMG_5280[1].JPG
IMG_5289[1].JPG
IMG_5285[1].JPG

shellb

Adventurer
So awesome...especially for us who followed along the build journey with you.

Wish you were local! It would make a great hunting rig out here in CO...would love to own it!

amgvr4

Adventurer
So awesome...especially for us who followed along the build journey with you.

Wish you were local! It would make a great hunting rig out here in CO...would love to own it!

Where in Colorado? I have family in Colorado Springs and it wouldn't be hard to arrange delivery. The old gal has made several trips back there over the years!

Last edited:

amgvr4

Adventurer
Here is the Youtube play list of all the videos I have for it. I uploaded a couple walk around videos today.

amgvr4

Adventurer
I just changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filters, cleaned air filter, checked turbo and intake, inspected tie rod ends and ball joints. I ordered all new tie rod and drag link ends to completely refresh the steering and put together a list of all the non factory parts and part numbers to make maintaining the truck much more pleasant.

amgvr4

Adventurer
The truck is getting a new south bend clutch/flywheel and the trans rebuilt this week. Once complete the price will increase to $12,000 to reflect the new parts and trans fix. She will practically be a brand new truck after that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles