SOLD••> 2017 EarthCruiser FX $175K - Super Clean, 15K miles, like new!

1K1MOA

38snubby - There is a lot of love for this vehicle, and it is now at a price point that represents a great value, especially for a 2017 with 15K miles!! I believe #20 on a 2014 chassis sold around this price a year ago, but it was a great vehicle, well cared for, etc. With that said, most cannot pull the trigger on a $200K rec vehicle, it is not a value issue, it is a bank account issue. Each person has different needs in a vehicle, and there is no "one size fits all". This is an ideal platform for exploring in North America, and is setup great for getting into true wilderness areas (requiring 4WD, etc.) for a wide variety of adventures. No you aren't going rock crawling with this, nor are you likely to ship it to a 3rd world country where you can't get appropriate diesel, etc. You buy a vehicle for your primary purpose, they used in for skiing in North America primarily, according to their post. Keep an open mind my friend, and realize your needs are not necessarily representative of others.

GregInUtah

GregInUtah
See immediately above post

I saw that. I saw the post below too. That's why I asked.
IMG_1604.jpg

Wakeup2river

38snubby - There is a lot of love for this vehicle, and it is now at a price point that represents a great value, especially for a 2017 with 15K miles!! I believe #20 on a 2014 chassis sold around this price a year ago, but it was a great vehicle, well cared for, etc. With that said, most cannot pull the trigger on a $200K rec vehicle, it is not a value issue, it is a bank account issue.

Its not so much the $200K, heck a new JK Diesel Rubicon is now $60K. Its the $80,000 depreciating for 12 months of use. That is brutal.

Temerity

Its not so much the $200K, heck a new JK Diesel Rubicon is now $60K. Its the $80,000 depreciating for 12 months of use. That is brutal.

Yes, it is brutal. EarthCruiser, like other "luxury goods"- boats, planes, luxury RV's - do have large depreciations.... EarthCruiser is not immune to that ?

eugarps

Bummer! I’d have thought it would have held its price better but then “luxury goods” do drop! Look at it this way. What is the enjoyment you had worth to you? Those moments that took your breath away and hours spent with those you love worth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zybane

Virtually all "luxury goods" like an EC have a high markup new. So the value proposition isn't there when purchased new, but it is when purchased used. Anyone who has $300K+ to spend on an off-road camper is typically going to either want a new one (especially with the new model coming out) or one configured exactly how they want it. This all drives used prices down and down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles