delete

BajaSurfRig

I have two smaller renogy 100 watt panels on the roof of my 1983 Grandby.

I have room to fit one more 100 watt panel (while still leaving the other half of the roof open for surfboards), and I may do this in the near future.

Make sure you have gas shocks to help raise the roof as it will get pretty hard with 200+ watts on the roof.

Machinebuilder

3c791fdaaae98f429d113db3cabf43e7.jpg

2 160w panels. I don’t see the weight being an issue. It’s roughly 50 lbs spread out over 2/3 of the roof.

If I had one over the cab area it might be different because of leverage lifting the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CKent323

I am in the process of replacing two 100 W panels on my FWC Keystone with a single 370 W residential size panel. Total weight is about the same, maybe even a couple pounds less.

I recently posted some dimensional and weight information for a representative list of larger wattage (<200 W) solar panels along with some FWC camper roof dimension info at the Wander the West forum at the following link (skip down to post #9 for the embedded spreadsheet):

I hope it is useful

Craig

Last edited:

crystalclear

Observer
i may have some pics (search my post history)

i had 300ah of lifepo4 running off a 40amp mppt controller (the panels were run in series) - i would typically hover around 20-24amps at peak

i will note: rarely parked in full sun, and mostly ran the that setup in fall/winter

There is a lot of variation in the construction of these roofs over the years. MachineBuilder's pic, above, is of a newer camper. The older roofs sometimes sag in the middle (fore/aft) a bit with any type of load.

There's plenty of space on a Grandby roof. It just depends on what, if any, space you want to leave free for other items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles