SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

So... What's the most technical trail everyone has taken their Socal teardrop across? I don't mean to take the trailer nearby and use as a base camp, but I really mean across.

For me, it's the Mojave Road, but other then the drop into the Watson Wash, it wasn't really technical at all.

I'm considering if a "north rim of the grand canyon" type trip is feasible with our Krawler 459.

frq flyr

Observer
Took my teardrop, family of 5, and 2-dogs, to Toroweap last Christmas. There were a few technical sections toward the end of the trail.

Shower Pouch

All, I'm looking to replace the two glass windows on my Socal TD. I want to replace them with a double pane window. Or something a little more heat and cool resistant from the elements. Has any changed out the windows before? If yes, what brand and are there any watch outs that you would like to share? Thanks.

outback_mick

My wife and I are looking to join the SoCal tribe/family/cult. If anyone has a 5x9' or smaller that they'd like to find a new home for, let me know via PM. Cheers!

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
All, I'm looking to replace the two glass windows on my Socal TD. I want to replace them with a double pane window. Or something a little more heat and cool resistant from the elements. Has any changed out the windows before? If yes, what brand and are there any watch outs that you would like to share? Thanks.

Can't speak to an actual double pane window but this is my solution. A 100% blackout "fabric" (less fabric-y and more rubbery/wipes-off-with-a-damp-cloth material), attaches with velcro all around. White external color to block heat. Similar to the "fabric" on a Four Wheel Camper window. Way better than the curtains I used to use.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

4runnerteq

Explorer
Can't speak to an actual double pane window but this is my solution. A 100% blackout "fabric" (less fabric-y and more rubbery/wipes-off-with-a-damp-cloth material), attaches with velcro all around. White external color to block heat. Similar to the "fabric" on a Four Wheel Camper window. Way better than the curtains I used to use.

View attachment 463842View attachment 463843View attachment 463844
Glad to see someone with these. Ive been looking at them myself for ours

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Glad to see someone with these. Ive been looking at them myself for ours
I'm really happy with them. Ordered a "custom" RV kit here: https://blackoutez.com/RV-Window-Cover

Width: 20.25"
Length: 18.375"
Radius: 3.5"

Not the cheapest but easier than trying to source all the materials. I'm thinking about ordering a 16" square to cover the Fantastic Fan, that thing lets a ton of light in...and sometimes I just wanna pretend it's not 7am yet! Lol

4runnerteq

Explorer
I'm really happy with them. Ordered a "custom" RV kit here: https://blackoutez.com/RV-Window-Cover

Width: 20.25"
Length: 18.375"
Radius: 3.5"

Not the cheapest but easier than trying to source all the materials. I'm thinking about ordering a 16" square to cover the Fantastic Fan, that thing lets a ton of light in...and sometimes I just wanna pretend it's not 7am yet! Lol

That's where I was looking. Thanks for the measurements

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles