SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

frq flyr

Observer
hi Dave,
Toroweap/Tuweep is really special. You are going to love it! Visually stunning, spiritual, with miles and miles of discovery.
the road is a mine-field of sharp rocks. We came across a few cars w flat tires. good thing we had tire repair kit and air. there are a few sections with small boulders, and elevation that you need to navigate. i did not have any issues with my trailer/truck.
truck is on 37'', and trailer is on 35''

frq flyr: I'm looking to hit the Tuweep sometime soon with my SCT Buzz Off. How's the road down there? I assume you had no major issues?

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
We’re headed to Toroweap as soon as next week as well as to White Pockets and Gold Butte. I’ve heard (from geocachers) that the roads are in pretty good shape. We’ll see.

Jensini

congrats! where ya headed?
Thanks, First run will be to Del Valle Lake in Livermore to meet up with friends and family this month, spend 2 nights. Kayaking and fishing for one day. Next month hunting for pig near Coalinga. When the snow melts take it up to Loon Lake, the runicon, mostly to fish. Hoping to get a lot of use with it.

jamonsote

Amateur Adventurist
frq flyr: I'm looking to hit the Tuweep sometime soon with my SCT Buzz Off. How's the road down there? I assume you had no major issues?

How you liking the buzz-off? You have any pics? I’d like to see your exact setup compared to mine. Haven’t seen too many others out there.

-Ham

Idaholandho

The other white meat
549eSLp.jpg

frq flyr

Observer
Joshua Tree is easy to reach and a great place to hike and climb on the rocks. Death Valley is a longer drive, but worth it. Here, you will use your Jeep, many great trails and landmarks. To cool off, we enjoy Big Sur.

Picked up our XS last week and gave it a trial run at Caspers in Orange County, and Parket Arizona. Absolutely loving it!

dave84060

How you liking the buzz-off? You have any pics? I’d like to see your exact setup compared to mine. Haven’t seen too many others out there.

-Ham

Howdy Ham,
I'm really enjoying the Buzz Off. It is small and light enough to pull behind a SWB TJ without any issues on any terrain (so far). I have the ARB awning with the 3 wall set so we can set up a nice kitchen, etc. We included the 12V electrical package in the tongue box with the Renogy suitcase solar panels. It all makes for a great basecamp on 4x4 trips here in Utah.

bzoff.jpgbzoff_stars.jpg

frq flyr

Observer
How are your socal teardrop experiences?

Thanks, First run will be to Del Valle Lake in Livermore to meet up with friends and family this month, spend 2 nights. Kayaking and fishing for one day. Next month hunting for pig near Coalinga. When the snow melts take it up to Loon Lake, the runicon, mostly to fish. Hoping to get a lot of use with it.

Shower Pouch

Congrats on your new SoCal teardrop!

Where is your first adventure?

Re cover, I wonder if airstream makes a cover for the base camp or Bambi? I think similar in shape/size?
Go to classic accessories' website. I bought my cover from them. Socal TD also uses them. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles