SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

wiredinoc

You're helping me a ton!!

Any recommendations on drawer organization / liners / padding? Would love to see some pics if you have them handy! I just dumped $1800 on an amazon cart 50 items deep. Plates, cups, bbq, table, chairs, all that stuff. I'm about a month and change out right now.

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516

Any recommendations on drawer organization / liners / padding? Would love to see some pics if you have them handy! I just dumped $1800 on an amazon cart 50 items deep. Plates, cups, bbq, table, chairs, all that stuff. I'm about a month and change out right now.

When I got my 510 I already had a Pelican case (1690) with the pick-n-pluck foam. I used the foam for the drawers in the 510, just picked out sections for the items I wanted to store. Has worked great. Only drawback is once you pick the foam you can't change the setup. I've considered switching to TREKPAK, just haven't done it yet. You can get custom sizes to fit the SoCal drawers:

http://trekpak.com/additional-divider-material/

Drawer liners are available too:

http://trekpak.com/roll-foam-drawer-liner/

Not cheap but seems like an elegant (and re-configurable) solution.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible

I thought we were the only ones! We've spent weeks looking for the right pot and pan that fit the Partner stove as well as our cooking style.

cactusjk

Explorer
When I got my 510 I already had a Pelican case (1690) with the pick-n-pluck foam. I used the foam for the drawers in the 510, just picked out sections for the items I wanted to store. Has worked great. Only drawback is once you pick the foam you can't change the setup. I've considered switching to TREKPAK, just haven't done it yet. You can get custom sizes to fit the SoCal drawers:

http://trekpak.com/additional-divider-material/

Drawer liners are available too:

http://trekpak.com/roll-foam-drawer-liner/

Not cheap but seems like an elegant (and re-configurable) solution.

Does Trek actually make liners that exactly fit the SoCal drawers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiredinoc

That Trekpak stuff is a rip off! It looks like coroplast with adhesive padding on either side attached by a bent rod. I tried to compare the sizing to the teardrop drawers to a pelican case. It's close to $200 for the big drawer. Forget it, going to make my own and post pics ;-)

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Does Trek actually make liners that exactly fit the SoCal drawers?

I don't think so. I was looking at the 4" tall size for my top drawer, length is whatever you cut it to. I think it would work really well, but like wiredinoc said, not cheap.

That Trekpak stuff is a rip off! It looks like coroplast with adhesive padding on either side attached by a bent rod. I tried to compare the sizing to the teardrop drawers to a pelican case. It's close to $200 for the big drawer. Forget it, going to make my own and post pics ;-)

Would love to see pics! Nothing I've found is cheap at all. I just happened on a brand new Pelican case with foam on Craigslist for $100, couldn't pass it up.

cactusjk

Explorer
Would also like to see pictures of Trekpak drawer setups.
I don't think so. I was looking at the 4" tall size for my top drawer, length is whatever you cut it to. I think it would work really well, but like wiredinoc said, not cheap.

Would love to see pics! Nothing I've found is cheap at all. I just happened on a brand new Pelican case with foam on Craigslist for $100, couldn't pass it up.

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Would also like to see pictures of Trekpak drawer setups.

From Chris Cordes' article...

(Large image: https://expeditionportal.com/media/2016/03/IMG_0168.jpg)

IMG_0168-640x480.jpg

frq flyr

Observer
i wish someone in the so cal tear drop crowd, would plan a SCT gathering in Death Valley. Set up a base camp, and have group adventure drives over a couple/few days: Titus Canyon, Hunter, Hidden Valley, Tea Kettle, Race Track, Ubehebe, etc.

i was out there with Raw Hyde a couple years ago. We camped at Ballarat. I did a quick search of Ballarat but not able to find any info for dry camping, or group camping.

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
i wish someone in the so cal tear drop crowd, would plan a SCT gathering in Death Valley. Set up a base camp, and have group adventure drives over a couple/few days: Titus Canyon, Hunter, Hidden Valley, Tea Kettle, Race Track, Ubehebe, etc.

i was out there with Raw Hyde a couple years ago. We camped at Ballarat. I did a quick search of Ballarat but not able to find any info for dry camping, or group camping.

Did you just volunteer? ;) That's a good idea. I don't know the area at all, but count me in.

cactusjk

Explorer
Still seeing a little rust on the welds and mesh of the roof basket and the front metal cage. Is this a common problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles