SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I don't think my electrical is too much. Michael at Wanderlust helped me quite a bit with wiring, so adding the lights was a snap. I have left and right porch lights, two backup lights, seven white rock lights, two red lights under the doors, a light in the storage bin and a light above the cage (not shown). I also have all my cabin able to turn red for night vision. The only standard light I have is my galley light which is quite good.

I have a 180 watt fixed solar panel by Grape on the rack and a foldable 100 watt panel by Renogy that I can put out if needed. These go through a Bluesolar 100/30 mppt controller and charges a 125 amp battery. I have Anderson PP, Usb and standard 12vdc outlets throughout the trailer as well as a 1500 watt inverter with a 110 outlet in the galley.

I have had no trouble backing up or being able to see at night if I needed.

Besides the stove and refrigerator, we use an Insta-Pot for cooking as well as a juicer.

Edit: I'm am so happy my pic is not upside down for a change!

Attachments

• IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

frq flyr

Observer
hi All,
our official off-the-grid camping experience with the SoCal Teardrop, Toroweap/Tuweep, 4-days during Christmas holiday. family of 5 and 2-dogs! We love our camper! Kids slept in the OZ tent.

39497847302_260c47b287_o.jpg
[/url]DSC01359 by frqflyr, on Flickr[/IMG]

DSC01316 by frqflyr, on Flickr

DSC01298 by frqflyr, on Flickr

DSC01248 by frqflyr, on Flickr

DSC01173 by frqflyr, on Flickr

Bombo

I think you need an inverter if you carry a laptop computer or a cpap machine. All of our stuff is set up for our soon to be 12v dc solar (iPhone, iPad and etc.). We are getting the extended tongue, front tongue box and a custom box that this water tight.
Things I am pretty sure would be easier if you get it done while the trailer is being built:
The hidden trays.
The water tank.
Line-X liner.
Fan.
Internal lights.
External lights.
Custom cabinetry.
Outside flood lights.
Custom electric.
Additional 1.5" hitch mounts.
Bump bars.
Swing out tire, counter, bbq sink.

I am pretty sure I will have driven Mike crazy by the time the trailer is done. I will be installing the heater since I already have one from my current trailer. I may end up bringing a shopping list of electrical parts to be installed so I can have remote relays for lighting, Anderson Powerpole outlets since that is what I currently use, a larger fuse block since I will have more fixtures. I'll be installing my own solar setup and other things, but you get the picture.

The problem w an inverter is that you lose about 10%. I bought the 12v cord for my CPAP and run it off 12v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes inverters are to be avoided as much as possible IMO, anything that runs off DC internally just needs a converter, much more efficient.

cactusjk

Explorer
Yulli - Great thread you started. Can you share any lessons learned with your trailer? Saw you had some leakage. Not sure why the builder didn't restore your counter to new?

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Yulli - Great thread you started. Can you share any lessons learned with your trailer? Saw you had some leakage. Not sure why the builder didn't restore your counter to new?

They sanded it smooth and refinished but the water stain is still there. Just selling mine since I don’t get out to use it and have taken on a new project that’s not overland related. Figured someone else would want a teardrop and put it to good use. Having a wife that’s not into camping then having a kid didn’t help.

wiredinoc

Hi All - looking for bedding for an XS. The matteress is 60x88. Only options I can find are custom made. Would like to get a topper.

What size topper?

Should I order king size fitted and use those bungee things to pull it tight?

Thanks for the help

Get a larger then needed 3" foam mattress topper. Use a kitchen electric knife to cut it to size.

It worked on my 459, although I didn't need to cut much since my bed is basically a "full".

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Hi All - looking for bedding for an XS. The matteress is 60x88. Only options I can find are custom made. Would like to get a topper.

What size topper?

Should I order king size fitted and use those bungee things to pull it tight?

Thanks for the help

I put this topper on my stock 510 mattress. The padded portion is 60"x80" but since the topper is designed for a full height mattress it stretches around/under with no problem:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008URGSWO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eventually I ended up swapping the stock mattress for this:

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Inch-M...&sr=8-3&keywords=5"+memory+foam+mattress&th=1

I used this electric knife to shave 1" making it 59"x80". I ended up with 8" of empty space at the bottom of the 510, store blankets and clothes there.

wiredinoc

Cool thanks guys!! So basically, get a topper and a queen fitted mattress will work with the extra 8 inches in length? I'm guessing that will be the case since the depth is 1/2 that of a normal mattress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles