SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Not a major modification but one of those things that just makes life simpler. I got tired of using bungee balls to hold the jack handles out of harms way. Why don't these type of jacks have detachable handles?! Anyway, those bungees are not terribly fun to wrap around. Ever had one slip out of your fingers under tension? Snap! Ouch. Plus they lose their eslasticity and one of these days they're going to break. No good. I welded hooks on the jacks and swapped out the bungees for chains. The little things...

jack.jpg

coastsider

Adventurer
Not a major modification but one of those things that just makes life simpler. I got tired of using bungee balls to hold the jack handles out of harms way. Why don't these type of jacks have detachable handles?! Anyway, those bungees are not terribly fun to wrap around. Ever had one slip out of your fingers under tension? Snap! Ouch. Plus they lose their eslasticity and one of these days they're going to break. No good. I welded hooks on the jacks and swapped out the bungees for chains. The little things...

View attachment 400237

Nice mod!🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
So, we were at the Expo today doing some shopping. Snagged a Dometic 38 L refer for $300 off and picked up a new device called Larry Alert. This is a wifi alarm system the tells you with pics on your smartphone when someone is messing with your rig. I worry more about my rig at the market than I do when we're out in the woods. The show was the biggest in the seven times we've been there.
Saw a bunch of Krawlers and a couple of 510's. There are a passel of new trailer builders out now.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I put my jacks in the cargo cage up front. I didn't wanna bother leaving them on when towing the trailer.

coastsider

Adventurer
I put my jacks in the cargo cage up front. I didn't wanna bother leaving them on when towing the trailer.

I also use that method sometimes, although on the road I like to have the jacks pointing backwards, they give pretty good protection to the rear of the trailer from impact. Plus stops you doing any damage should you hit an object when you reverse the rig (I'm still not great at reversing🤙🏻)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier