SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
For those of us who are making plans, what custom things did you have added? I'm like you and only want to do this once, my trailer will be LOADED... but I certainly haven't thought of everything.

I don't think I will ever think of everything I want and then I wouldn't be able to afford it. Here are a couple of things:
I have having solar and am putting it in after I pick up the trailer but I need the wire run through the roof in a watertight method. I'm also installing left and right flood lights which also need wiring on the roof. Here are the clamshell waterproof connectors I'm having installed: https://www.bluesea.com/products/1007100/Side_Entry_CableClam_with_Stainless_Steel_Dress_Cap

I'm having the optional rack mounts installed but will be using 1" pipe with thread caps to mount my shower and solar panel. I will be storing my gravity fed water filter pipes inside the rack.

I'm getting the parking brake option from Dexter so I can install locking parking lever on both sides. I'm getting the levers and cables from here: http://thepartshouseinc.com/The-Parts-House-Inc-Products.php

Rock lights under trailer (4 on each side) as well as two red nightlight under the doors so we can see when we go out at night without ruining our vision.

Fold down shelves so we can store our iPads, phones and other stuff at night (see pic). Custom lights on his/her sides for reading that you can switch to red: http://doctorled.com/M301.htm a special housing will be used for lights, USB and 12v DC adapters.

Upgraded Fantastic fan with remote. Almost all of my lighting and other things with be run on remote control relays.

Extra 1 1/4 hitches.

IMG_0619.JPG

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Got home with mine yesterday. 509 Kascade from Great Lakes Teardrops. Way far more than exceeded our expectations. Andy was super and such an appreciated attention to detail and quality. Only took 3 months from deposit to pick up. It was a 600 mile drive to pick up, but was very well worth it. We absolutely love it. Cant wait to use it next weekend. If anyone wants on, I highly recommend http://www.greatlakesteardrops.com/page.php?p=39&t=Crossover Trailers

This is great news! The road trip is worth it. Of the three builders near me, I chose the furthest one. 11 hours away.

coastsider

Adventurer
I don't think I will ever think of everything I want and then I wouldn't be able to afford it. Here are a couple of things:
I have having solar and am putting it in after I pick up the trailer but I need the wire run through the roof in a watertight method. I'm also installing left and right flood lights which also need wiring on the roof. Here are the clamshell waterproof connectors I'm having installed: https://www.bluesea.com/products/1007100/Side_Entry_CableClam_with_Stainless_Steel_Dress_Cap

I'm having the optional rack mounts installed but will be using 1" pipe with thread caps to mount my shower and solar panel. I will be storing my gravity fed water filter pipes inside the rack.

I'm getting the parking brake option from Dexter so I can install locking parking lever on both sides. I'm getting the levers and cables from here: http://thepartshouseinc.com/The-Parts-House-Inc-Products.php

Rock lights under trailer (4 on each side) as well as two red nightlight under the doors so we can see when we go out at night without ruining our vision.

Fold down shelves so we can store our iPads, phones and other stuff at night (see pic). Custom lights on his/her sides for reading that you can switch to red: http://doctorled.com/M301.htm a special housing will be used for lights, USB and 12v DC adapters.

Upgraded Fantastic fan with remote. Almost all of my lighting and other things with be run on remote control relays.

Extra 1 1/4 hitches.

View attachment 399277

That's a very neat iPad storage solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Idaholandho

The other white meat
Well, we finally got the Wanderlust 510xs out for it's maiden test run. We had about 10 days to get familiar with it and pack it up before we both could get a little free time and hit the road.
We were torn as where to go based on the massive amount of snowfall we've had in Idaho. We were both hell bent on heading into the White Clouds Wilderness but, unfortunately after talking to a few friends the word around town was that many roads are still impassable and will be weeks before there is access. We decided to head into the Sawtooth National forest on a questionable forecast. With predicting snow, rain, wind and standing snow we went for it.
The weather forecast was spot on as we encountered pouring rain, high winds, rolling fog, lots of snow at 7000+ft but, we had a fantastic time and the teardrop was a champ through it all.
Here are a few pictures -
Heading up
IMAG3114_1.jpg
Quick safety check before we head off the beaten path
DSC_0307.JPG
Just hitting the snow. About 1/4 mile later we were in 1-2 ft of snow, busting trail getting deeper and I had a decision to make. I decided to stop to think as progress was slow in 4Lo and boom we were stuck in the middle of nowhere and the odds of seeing anyone were pretty slim. Out came the 4 Maxtrax and my only choice was to back up with the trailer about 2ft each time I move the MTrax to the rear of each tire and a uturn was not in the cards. Finally, I was within winching distance of a large boulder and got out the gear and about that time a local photographer and writer had followed my tracks knowing I couldn't be far and long story short, he saved my ***.
At that moment I realized 2 things, karma is real and the outdoor family is big and knows few boundaries. Come to find out, further down the road the snow is estimated 5-10 ft deep.

Long story short, after a bit more driving we found a perfect spot that was somewhat sheltered, not a soul within a couple miles and had a fantastic time.
DSC_0306.JPG
IMAG3065_1.jpg
IMAG3063_1.jpg
IMAG3067_1.jpg
IMAG3054_1.jpg
VIDEO0039_0000002147.jpg

Thanks again, Michael.

Last edited:

coastsider

Adventurer
Looks like you were able to figure out what you needed to bring.

I've taken my trailer over many different terrains and steep loose gravel hills and deep snow are the only times the trailer has run me into trouble and impeded forward progress. It's just a weight issue for me with my under powered FJ Cruiser, I need that TRD Supercharger!

coastsider

Adventurer
We all love to tinker and modify our trailers right? That's all part of the ownership experience. I thought I would share my modifications with everyone, I'm curious as to what other Teardrop owners have done. Here's my list.

- Extreme Off-road trailer jockey
- nose box LED light
- Procomp rims with Procomp extreme 35" tires
- Rack mounted LED floods
- LED under trailer lighting
- Cabin USB charger and volt meter
- Rotopax gas/water
- Fender mounted kitchen table
- Stainless steel folding foot step
- Relocated propane tanks
- installed shower box handle
- Silicone sealed all seams
- custom map/book storage
- fabricated extended fenders to accommodate 35" tires (WIP)

And I still have a huge list to get through!

Luckytibbs

LuckyTibbs
We all love to tinker and modify our trailers right? That's all part of the ownership experience. I thought I would share my modifications with everyone, I'm curious as to what other Teardrop owners have done. Here's my list.

- Extreme Off-road trailer jockey
- nose box LED light
- Procomp rims with Procomp extreme 35" tires
- Rack mounted LED floods
- LED under trailer lighting
- Cabin USB charger and volt meter
- Rotopax gas/water
- Fender mounted kitchen table
- Stainless steel folding foot step
- Relocated propane tanks
- installed shower box handle
- Silicone sealed all seams
- custom map/book storage
- fabricated extended fenders to accommodate 35" tires (WIP)

And I still have a huge list to get through!

That sounds awesome. Hey do you have pics of your propane tanks? I'm interested to see what you did.

coastsider

Adventurer
I just moved them to accommodate bigger rear stabiliser jacks

4b01f2b549a64465fd441d77b8763053.jpg

You can see the two previous mount points. I have three tanks, one this side for the shower/hot water and two the other side, one each for the cabin heater and stove. Basically the tanks had to be raised to allow the jacks to fully rotate upside down for travel.

Last edited:

Luckytibbs

LuckyTibbs
Wow, I like that! Nice. I'm just getting ready to coat my wheel fenders with Plastidip, wanted some extra protection from the rocks. I have some aggressive tires on my jeep and it throws the rocks like crazy. I've added some additional storage inside with a cargo net on the ceiling to hold my jackets, gloves, hats etc and made some pockets to hold my journal, flashlights and various things. I'm getting ready for a 3 month trip up through Canada to Alaska and scout out Oregon when I get back and I have found that I have ample storage. I love seeing what others have added on. Thanks! Like the table on the Fender, I might do that.

51381012019__897F2567-D09B-4C44-B0AE-72166D79B926.JPG

Wow, I like that! Nice. I'm just getting ready to coat my wheel fenders with Plastidip, wanted some extra protection from the rocks. I have some aggressive tires on my jeep and it throws the rocks like crazy. I've added some additional storage inside with a cargo net on the ceiling to hold my jackets, gloves, hats etc and made some pockets to hold my journal, flashlights and various things. I'm getting ready for a 3 month trip up through Canada to Alaska and scout out Oregon when I get back and I have found that I have ample storage. I love seeing what others have added on. Thanks! Like the table on the Fender, I might do that.

View attachment 400209

What parts of Oregon and when ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne