SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Any other SoCal TD owners here? Post up!

I figured since Moby1 has their own thread and a lot of people were talking about the SoCals over in that thread I'd start its own thread. I don't want to clog up their thread about a different TD brand.

So yeah, other owners post up or people looking to buy and want info!

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Here's the trailer behind the Tacoma. I need to get a different wheel/tire combo since I sold the Jeep and they would have matched before.

20150404_094157_zpshcq3qdux.jpg

20150404_094220_zpscdvbukys.jpg

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
which location are you dealing with?

I got mine from the main guys in Upland. The turn around was longer but I was ok with it since wife had a baby on the way and a house remodel going.

I ordered in Spring of 2014 and got it beginning of November 2014. I ordered right when they got slammed. I knew I wouldn't have had it in time for camp season but it would have been nice!

BlackRubiX

Overlander
I'm dealing with Jon at Canyon Country in Phoenix, AZ he's been great to deal with! I should be able to get in some late summer and fall camping in. We have a 1 year old and am anxious to see how well we sleep all in one bed lol. She has slept in her own room since about 3 months old. Never had her sleep in our bed so it will be interesting to say the least.

Rick Rockey

You guy's got yours rather fast. I ordered mine last Friday and the build won't start until Jan. and be ready in Feb. 2016. I guess Upland is really backed up with orders. I scheduled for building a 510xs, still not sure if it's more than we need for two with on kids or pets. What sizes do you guys have and why did you make that discussion, if you don't mind sharing.

BlackRubiX

Overlander
You guy's got yours rather fast. I ordered mine last Friday and the build won't start until Jan. and be ready in Feb. 2016. I guess Upland is really backed up with orders. I scheduled for building a 510xs, still not sure if it's more than we need for two with on kids or pets. What sizes do you guys have and why did you make that discussion, if you don't mind sharing.

Rick I also went with the XS because of the size. It's probably more than I need but I figured I might as well get the biggest just in case. I also started with the biggest because I am starting an Off-Road trailer rental company and thought it would fit the biggest need initially.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I just went with the 459. My wife isn't big into camping. I got my trailer in a trade off, haha. She wanted a child, I wanted a tear drop.

I told her we could go camping more and be more comfortable. I have an ARB awning with the attached room so I could always set up camp in there and they can sleep in the trailer. My wife would only go camping in nice weather so I'm not worried about being out in the cold. I honestly don't see them coming along a lot anyway when the little one is older.

I compared the 459 with the Moby1 and they weren't too similar but close. I know the 510 is a bit closer but I didn't see the need for the bigger trailer. Maybe later down the road but again I don't see my wife wanting to camp a lot. it's definitely big enough if I just took the kid years down the road.

Rick Rockey

Thanks for the reply...are you having any special options installed,that you may have learned along the way? My reason for asking is we are new to the overland type of travel.

BlackRubiX

Overlander
Thanks for the reply...are you having any special options installed,that you may have learned along the way? My reason for asking is we are new to the overland type of travel.

Depends on what you plan to do with it just like customizing your Jeep there are a ton of options. One addition I added is the swing out tire carrier with the sink and extra counter space. Being in Texas having A/C was a must have. I also added two Deep Cycle batteries with solar panels for true Off-Grid camping. I'm still undecided on what awning to go with but leaning towards the Oz Tent Foxwing awning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles