SoCal Driveline Repair?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
My rear driveshaft is pretty scored up from a rock in Death Valley awhile back. Looked on the net, finding a replacement is a PITA. Maybe somebody has a link for a good OEM type replacement?

Any good driveline repair shops that could re-tube and re-u-joint said shaft? I'm in Temecula.

TIA!

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Probably too far away, but el cajon driveshaft on magnolia took care of both my shafts...Rebuilt the CV, etc. The owner/tech is a bit of a character, but he knows his stuff. I'm sure he could re-tube it. Not sure on cost, but replacing all 5 of my joints was pretty reasonable.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I would upgrade the shaft to a heavy duty and carry the old as a spare. Tom Woods does great work as everyone knows, but also there's OC Driveline in Placentia, you might want to check with All Four Wheel Drive in Southern Corona and ask who they use. John does terrific work down there and i know he has shafts made by someone. Don't know anyone in your direct area.

crismateski

American Adventurist
It is a bit of a drive for you, But I have had a ton of work done at Chino Hills Transmission. They do great work, and they are genuine good guys. Talk to Rick.

They do a lot of race and offroad applications

When they did the transmission and rear end on our jeep, they were not happy with how it was shifting, so they put a shift kit in it at their expense and gave me their shop truck to drive for 2 days while they got the kit it stock and installed it. My Dad started using them about 20 years ago, and they have never been anything but great to deal with.

Either Rick or Greg will take good care of you, but I usually deal with Rick

http://www.chtransmissions.com

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Tel:[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] 909.591.0449
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fax:[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] 909.591.4167
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I would upgrade the shaft to a heavy duty and carry the old as a spare. Tom Woods does great work as everyone knows, but also there's OC Driveline in Placentia, you might want to check with All Four Wheel Drive in Southern Corona and ask who they use. John does terrific work down there and i know he has shafts made by someone. Don't know anyone in your direct area.

Agreed. Upgrade the shaft. Thicker schedule tube will take the abuse far better than OEM thin wall.

zidaro

Explorer
I have always sent my stuff up to Jesse at www.Highangledriveline.com he can fix or build you whatever you want. tell him where you are headed and he will get you there. Knows Toyota shafts well and how to give you a strong shaft that will still balance perfect.

4loco

Probably too far away for you but Coast Driveline and Gear is the best place in Ventura County to get drivelines worked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior