soaking in Saline Valley

suntinez

Explorer
Glad you enjoyed the kabobs. It is so easy to cook on that infrared grill, I'm trying to figure out how to attach a grill to my portable heater now :chowtime:

Don't think anyone at pasadena besides John (who knew we'd need an EMT?) realized you almost amputated your finger for the sake of margaritas! Ouch.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
The camera knows.
_DSC2474.jpg

Rexsname

Explorer
It's a Flip-Pac! I've been drooling/obsessing over them for quite a while. Their web site is not very good but the product is amazing. They dont weigh as much as I thought, very comfortable inside and only look slightly dorky when closed up. More money than a regular shell/topper/cap but much much cooler.

REX

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately it's been out for some time. The good news is that the roads and desolate location will scare off 98% of would-be visitors. I look forward to getting out there next month for some much needed R&R.

4x4abc

Adventurer
I hate magazine and newspaper articles about Saline Valley. The article in National Geographic drew in more people than I would like to see in the desert.
But its like any other paradise thing you find - you don't wanna share. including your wife/girlfriend.

suntinez

Explorer
Thread revival. NPS is seeking public input through July 31 on development of a "management plan" for the springs.

Uhoh. :smilies27

If you want to comment, go here.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Just clicked on the link. Will read and reply to be certain. This is a unique place and I hope the NPS doesn't screw it up.

Thanks for the thread revival and bringing it to our attention.

I'm gonna post the NPS comment link in the regional section for CA.

Last edited:

Xterabl

Adventurer
Because, you know, the government has so much money to spend on such "management plans". Can't wait 'til they manage it to death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online