So I'm buying a van...

Wiley

Adventurer
not offended. this is great advice. i just still don't know what i want and i'm trying to figure it out.... (you guys have been wicked, wicked, WICKED helpful in this search! :) i think i realized today i can't spend that much for something empty.

i'm trying to look at any vans that i think might be a good fit. and it was good to get inside of that sprinter because it's the first one i've actually looked at... and it was good to see the eurovan and the ford e350 high top that i saw today.

what do i need? well technically i can make my yaris work for me since i've done that a lot. Need more space. Need some reliability. Need empty, but want basic power and a bed because as fun as setting it up sounds and everything, let's face it, i'm lazy. and i have money to spend even more than 16k. but i'd rather save it to play later.

Great, I didn't want to sound like a ********...again! Def look at as many different vans as you can to narrow it down, but look at them with empty pockets, so you can't possibly be tempted to buy anything. I was overwhelmed when I started my search, my friend and I were set on getting a Toyota Tacoma, a vehicle which works for just about everyone. After going through exactly what you are and looking at my needs it just didn't make the most sense for me. Eventually I decided on the Astro, and then I looked at about 10, which is probably low for many people here. By looking at 10 Astros as opposed to 10 random vans, I was able to focus on the differences between the actual Astro vans I was looking at, rather than saying an astro has this, where a vw has that....it was simply which of these 10 Astros will get me where I want to go, with the added bonus of looking like a bad ***

Last edited:

HoboJen

Adventurer
yeah i'm going to check it out tonight. His old thread also reveals everything he's put into it for cost.

my only concern is that there seems to be a lack of good storage space compared to other builds... I think I'll know how well it will work for me once I check it out...

well, i'm no longer concerned about the storage space after looking at it. i think it's wonderful, and i might have found my van :coffeedrink:

i'm thinking it over tonight and giving him a decision tomorrow... figured i should sleep on it. but i love it!!

Jb1rd

Explorer
And get the south africa grill kit and hid lights, maybe even wire up a rigid light bar with the flood/spot combo and led tail lights or another light bar mounted on the rear of the roof, makes a huge difference on those late night pull outs and shuttles.

HoboJen

Adventurer

so are you saying i should consider other vanagons instead of this one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles