So I'm buying a van...

HoboJen

Adventurer
Don't fear the miles on the Sprinter. Many of them out there with 500,000-1,000,000 miles!! (Mine has 270K on it)

i guess i shy away from ones that have 250K miles or more... i know they go along time.. but should i not fear something that already has 300K if i want to keep it for awhile?

Cole

Expedition Leader
slow but better mileage at least?

Slow like 55mph downhill with the wind at your back slow! (I wish I were kidding more) Fuel mileage wasn't that stellar on those, not like the Turbo versions.

You will notice that all modern diesels are "TDI" (Turbo diesel injection). The NA (normally aspirated) diesels are painfully underpowered! The power and mileage really come from the addition of the turbo system to the diesel.

Wiley

Adventurer
About 16K+ after taxes

No offense, but you seem to be all over the map, you should really sit down and make a list of what you need vs want. You originally said 10k, up to 15k with the interior build and extras, the less the better. Now your at 16k empty, and still haven't really narrowed down what van you are even looking for. I recommend you decide on 1 or 2 vans and search for those, right now you may just get swept up in the excitement of buying a new vehicle and get something because it was available, rather than what you need and were looking for.

HoboJen

Adventurer
No offense, but you seem to be all over the map, you should really sit down and make a list of what you need vs want. You originally said 10k, up to 15k with the interior build and extras, the less the better. Now your at 16k empty, and still haven't really narrowed down what van you are even looking for. I recommend you decide on 1 or 2 vans and search for those, right now you may just get swept up in the excitement of buying a new vehicle and get something because it was available, rather than what you need and were looking for.

not offended. this is great advice. i just still don't know what i want and i'm trying to figure it out.... (you guys have been wicked, wicked, WICKED helpful in this search! :) i think i realized today i can't spend that much for something empty.

i'm trying to look at any vans that i think might be a good fit. and it was good to get inside of that sprinter because it's the first one i've actually looked at... and it was good to see the eurovan and the ford e350 high top that i saw today.

what do i need? well technically i can make my yaris work for me since i've done that a lot. Need more space. Need some reliability. Need empty, but want basic power and a bed because as fun as setting it up sounds and everything, let's face it, i'm lazy. and i have money to spend even more than 16k. but i'd rather save it to play later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles