So I'm buying a van...

HoboJen

Adventurer
so i just almost bought a sprinter. 2007 with 150K miles, shorter wheelbase, high top. About 16K+ after taxes and what not. i just couldn't do it even with them pressuring me and all that. it was a nice rig... but i just had to walk away and i can't figure out what it was about it, just a gut feeling that it isn't what i want.

also looked at a 2003 e350 high top passenger with 167K miles coming in around 6500. wasn't too excited about it either. maybe i just find the high roofs daunting or something.

Cole

Expedition Leader
sure is nice to stand up inside though

While I agree! (I'm 6'2") Something with a poptop give you both the stand up height, plus the low roof. (harder to open with boats on it though)

What didn't you like about the Sprinter deal?

HoboJen

Adventurer
it's kind of a gut feeling mostly. but probably related to dropping 16k for a totally empty van... because i'll have to spend more for power and build a bed and all that. and well, the height of it is a little daunting in dealing with boats. but i'm sure i can figure that out.

really though, i don't have a good reason. i have until 3:30 to change my mind because a serious buyer that is asking for financing is coming in at that time. i have cash though.

HoboJen

Adventurer
it's a nice van though... wish i could have driven it! they wouldn't let me since they just got it and it hasn't been through a mechanical inspection yet.

Jb1rd

Explorer
it's kind of a gut feeling mostly. but probably related to dropping 16k for a totally empty van... because i'll have to spend more for power and build a bed and all that. and well, the height of it is a little daunting in dealing with boats. but i'm sure i can figure that out.

really though, i don't have a good reason. i have until 3:30 to change my mind because a serious buyer that is asking for financing is coming in at that time. i have cash though.
Don't fall for that shizzle!!! And I would try to find an 05 or 06 there is a stellar yellow one for sale that a girl built out to do something similar. I'll try to find the link.

HoboJen

Adventurer
hahaha, i've had a hard time finding sprinters like this to look at, so i would believe that it's high demand. but your right - could totally be garbage. most of them are super nice and expensive or old and high miles.

Cole

Expedition Leader
What? If its in front of you and you're dropping cash on it I'd expect to drive it!!! Walk!

It's one thing to find a deal on the internet and buy it without a test drive, but with it right in front of you!! NO!

Find an older Sprinter for less coin.

HoboJen

Adventurer
yeah they wouldn't let me but said that the deal would be contingent on inspection, test drive, plus my own mechanic.

yep i did walk away. those guys were pushy.

HoboJen

Adventurer
oh - graham - thanks for your input! i never responded to your post... i like what you did with the green machine... or was it green monster?

Last edited:

HoboJen

Adventurer
Don't fall for that shizzle!!! And I would try to find an 05 or 06 there is a stellar yellow one for sale that a girl built out to do something similar. I'll try to find the link.

that would be awesome.. i browse the classifieds here but haven't seen it.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Don't fear the miles on the Sprinter. Many of them out there with 500,000-1,000,000 miles!! (Mine has 270K on it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94