So I bought me a new Jeep Trailer yesterday....

TXoutlaw

What y'all think? Its a 1947 Bantam Civilian. The price was right and I think I am going to clean it up and rig it out for the Jeep.

IMG_2181_zps81cb3ee2.jpg

IMG_2177_zpse7a4f3d0.jpg

dusmw

Jealous! Post a build thread and we need a photo of the Jeep with the trailer before the work begins!

TXoutlaw

Score! I have been searching high and low here.

To say this "fell into my lap" would be an understatement! Mentioned I was looking for one to my boss and he showed me these pictures and said $300 if you want it. I think we all know the outcome of that conversation. :)

Sent from my wireless device using scary radio waves

TXoutlaw

Nice score , time for a hub conversion and spring over .

Appreciate it.

Thats 2nd and 3rd on the list of To-Do's. #1 is either a Pintle hitch or I have been looking at the multi axis hitch setup. Not sure which one I want yet, still reading up on the multi axis.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I had the pintle/lunette eye set up on my military trailer and hated it. I swapped it out with the Max Coupler and absolutely love it. You can kind of see it in this photo.

erazutup.jpg

lysol

Explorer
Whenever I start projects like this, I like to take a bunch of "before" pics for future use. Like one from the front, right side, rear, left side, etc... Take it on a nice blue sky day. Then when you are done, take the same pictures on the same type of day. It'll make for some good before/after.

TXoutlaw

I had the pintle/lunette eye set up on my military trailer and hated it. I swapped it out with the Max Coupler and absolutely love it. You can kind of see it in this photo.

erazutup.jpg

I can see it in the pic. I have never seen one 1st hand though. How are they with backing and hooking/unhooking? How does it tow on the street?

Sent from my wireless device using scary radio waves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles