SnowTaco - 2016 Tacoma Build / Travel Thread

whwv

Observer
Feb 2017 Update

It's been a month since my last post, but a lot happened.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Four Wheel Camper. I found a used 2016 FWC Eagle down in San Diego on ExPo. It was quite the weekend. I removed* the camper shell Thursday night, left for San Diego at 4am Friday, bought the FWC and had it installed and then drove to Mammoth. Saturday we skied an epic powder day at Mammoth and then drove up to Tahoe. Skied Heavenly on Sunday and caught the opening of Motts / Killibrew after it had been closed for over a week and had another great day.

Mods since last post:
  • Removed shell
  • 2016 Four Wheel Camper Fleet
  • Firestone Ride Right Air Bags + Air Lift System

First picture after the install
IMG_2512.jpg

First night camping
IMG_2527.jpg

Rubicon85

Observer
Giving me some great ideas for my Ram topper and platform... How did you attach the velcro to the Reflectix? Did you just use the stick adhesive thats on the velcro and if so, how is it holding up?
Thanks!
Alex

whwv

Observer
Giving me some great ideas for my Ram topper and platform... How did you attach the velcro to the Reflectix? Did you just use the stick adhesive thats on the velcro and if so, how is it holding up?
Thanks!
Alex

Cool, let me know how it goes!

Yes, I just used the stick adhesive from the velcro. I went with a normal strength velcro (not industrial) so that it wouldn't tear off. If it's really hot, every now and then the adhesive will soften and the velcro will come off. Most of the time I can just stick it back on. It's worked out really well and the reflectix makes a HUGE difference!

whwv

Observer
My plans of using this page as a travel log hasn't happened. In 2017 we spent almost 70 nights in the truck, and would have easily surpassed that if I didn't break a foot rock climbing in November. Anyways, here's some of 2017:

truckee.jpg
warming up in Truckee

lassen.jpg
powder in Lassen

tahoe.jpg
looking at Lake Tahoe after mountain biking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier