Snowpeak Home & Camp Burner

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Snow peak has come out with a new to me camp stove. The Home & Camp burner seems to pack small and set up quickly.

I have one on order and will test it out. Hopefully it has nice simmer control and high full blast heat.

Price = $109

1581648164658.png

1581648203409.png

1581648213219.png

1581648337819.png

1581648372633.png

1581648385887.png

Attachments

• 1581648227028.png
    1581648227028.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 14

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I already use those fuel canister in a grill and a single burner setup so I really want a couple of these as a much more compact setup.
Very cool and I am looking forward to some thoughts after real life use.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I already use those fuel canister in a grill and a single burner setup so I really want a couple of these as a much more compact setup.
Very cool and I am looking forward to some thoughts after real life use.
That's the appeal for me as well, Lance. (Although I will still keep at least one burner as a "dual fuel" with Propane backup.)

krick3tt

Adventurer
How long will one last on a continuous burn? Realizing that cooking is an off and on situation.
I use propane, have an 11 pound tank that I have had in use for about 6 camping adventures cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner at least, still 1/2 full and costs about $11 to fill. It is not disposable like the tiny tanks in this cooker.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
The snow peak site says 110minutes of use. Don’t know if that is on high or low. I’m guessing high.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
For us, one canister is usually good for more than one weekend (typically coffee + one or two meals per day), and the small nature of the container makes it easy to always have a spare canister or two on-hand, so I just use the previous canister until it runs out and swap out. I use butane as my primary fuel (and usually carry two butane stoves, which means I always have two "partly-used" canisters going at a time), but I often have either a propane skottle or campfire/coals for dutch oven cooking.

If I were doing 100% cooking on butane (especially high-heat or long-cook operations), I'd feel safest with at least 2 fresh canisters plus the partially-used canisters for a 3-4 day trip.

I buy the canisters from my local asian market, so they're cheap and usually off-brand. Haven't seen any advantage to the "name brand" fuel canisters from sporting goods stores, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles