Snowmaster Fridge Order Wait Time....

Coyotegray

So I have been waiting two months on a fridge I ordered from Snowmaster...

Who else has one and how long did it take for it to arrive..?

john61ct

Adventurer
From them direct, or a reseller?

Shows the quality of the brand is being more widely recognized

Hope Dometic (Waeco) don't buy them

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I Just bought TWO One Large and One Small And I am not impressed with the QC or the overall performance, Yes they are quite fast but that comes at a price, When compared to My Two ARB's these two Snomasters are just not worth it, After doing a few power tests with more to complete to get the overall picture, One I have sent back and the other I will keep as a loaner.

Thanks but NO THANKS Snomaster.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Just by a Whynter Elite. They have the same internals (less WiFi) for half the price.
No they don't, Snomaster use their own compressors and Whynter use the Danfos/Secop Compressor or a copy of it, Snomaster Also make fridges in Australia for a Company called opposite Lock.

Last I heard, the shipment was supposed to come in at the end of last month. I am waiting on a warranty replacement. Hopefully they come in soon, because desert season is just around the corner.

Wareagle

Observer
That’s untrue. I have opened u both and they share same compressor. I have pics of a Snomaster branded compressor in my old Whynter. Don’t drink the cool aid.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That's because It is a rebranded Snomaster and not one of Whynters own Products, That fridge is The Snomaster BD/C-42, 42 Litre Model, Your fridge is just a Snomaster with Whynter Stickers on It.

The Difference between the Two is the Snomaster has the Stainless Exterior and the Whynter is Power Coated.

After hundreds of hours of testing I am truly unimpressed with how snomasters perform, Their software is junk and they are power hungry and can use as much power as a family sized domestic freezer

Last edited:

Wareagle

Observer
Well, for $500 you can buy a Whynter elite. It’s exactly the same thing as the powder coated Snomaster, I wonder both. They are exactly the same. The two speed Whynters have a snomaster compressor.

I did a bit of side by side testing, so I know for certain that Dometic outperformed.
5D800975-222E-4814-A0AC-987D29A24043.jpeg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well, for $500 you can buy a Whynter elite. It’s exactly the same thing as the powder coated Snomaster, I wonder both. They are exactly the same. The two speed Whynters have a snomaster compressor.

I did a bit of side by side testing, so I know for certain that Dometic outperformed.
View attachment 538387
Don't get me wrong because I really wanted the Snomasters and bought 2 of them, I bought the 95L Expedition series with the 70mm wall thickness and the 35L model for every day stuff, The 95L hit my 115Ah Battery so hard that is was down to 11.9v under load within 3 hours when in the Auto setting to see how it's cool down would go, and yes it was fast in achieving it's target temp in round 70-80 minutes and then went in to standby mode until it needed to power up again and the 35L shares the same compressor and can use a massive amount of power even when running on AC,

I ran side by side tests between the Snomaster 35L and an ARB 47L and the ARB 78L and the Snomaster 35L used way more power than either of them, This just does not make any sense because being only a 35L fridge even with the same motor as the larger models it should of out performed them purely because it had a much smaller area to cool down, but sadly that is not the case, Yes it is very fast at cooling but that is the only thing in it's favour,

I have never seen any other 4x4 fridge eat as much power as these two snomasters can, I was worried about my 78L ARB but it leaves either of these two snomasters for dead. And anyone contemplating buying one of these fridges especially the larger models You will need a Duel Battery setup with at leased 100 to 160w of Solar just to keep up with the fridge,

IE I had the 95L hooked up to a fully charged 115Ah deep cycle battery running it on Auto because I was comparing it's power usage compare to the ARB's because they only have to Auto mode, And After 2 and a half hour I had to switch on the AC workshop Battery Charger to the 9/10Ah Mode so I could keep on doing the DC power Draw test. The 95L was chewing between 7.2 and 8.9 Amps per hour During when it was running, So based on using 50% of my 115Ah Power It would of eaten the battery in 7 to 10 hours because it was cycling 3 to 4 times an hour, As it was I had to hook up the Big Charger to the battery once the voltage while it was running had got down to 11.9v,

Bottom line is these are very pretty Fridges but for Off Grid or Boon Docking in out of the way places Snomaster are the last fridge I would choose bar none, Yes they are fast but that come at a huge price in terms of power consumption and as such owning one of theses really requires having it's own pair of batteries and it's own solar panel rated over well 100w minimum and keeping the rest of your gear on a separate system because there is no way can you run their fridges on the same system.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles