Snow Peak IGT gas grill & Snow Peak reviews and tweaks

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Nice work. REI have an identical version of those chairs?

What was the process for shortening the legs? I may consider doing the same thing as it would fit our kids and low chairs better.

What size legs are on the IGT frame?

Honu

lost on the mainland
for the chairs check out this they are very close but not the same and the Helinox are much nicer IMHO
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/32480-The-Great-Camp-Chair-Debate/page4#127

BOY the shortening the legs thing is still in the works :) hahaahahha
I tried to just pull the black level bottom plugs out but they did not come out ? and kinda afraid of ripping the plastic apart the threads are just plastic so did not want to rip or strip them out with force !
so I ended up just heating up the pipe a bit and letting the plastic get soft and they came out ? then standard pipe cutter the first one I heated a bit to much and the black plastic thing to level the legs is a touch loose ? still holds but might pull back out and throw some kinda epoxy in then reinsert it ?

the 400 legs are still short ! I have a full set cause I like that height but you cant get under the table and my wife and I are OK but the kids 4 and 9 like to be under the table to eat :)

SO came up with the 570 length again so the drop height adjusters would work which is a major thing ! also 570 is basically 22.5 inches and the regular 660 legs are basically 25 inches a standard seat height of 16 inches the helinox are 13.5 so the 2.5 inches worked out perfectly ! kinda ironic really and glad the helinox are 13.5 inches not any lower :) with the 830 table height legs in the frame and the height adjusters you use the bottom positions with the 570 legs :) again glad the math of 570 worked out cause its the perfect height for those chairs ! almost how my magma grill fit into the IGT the chairs work perfect with the system for a truly compact but super comfy setup :)

what you see in that photo where you see both sides is the frame(and bamboo table to right) has 660 legs and the bamboo on the left has the custom 570 height
I do have 4 of the standing 830 legs but I was using them on a 2 space table but in the future I am going to be using them on the cooking frame! and buy 2 more long 830 legs for the bamboo prep table area

feel free to ask anything else or if you want other pics etc.. ?

Nice work. REI have an identical version of those chairs?

What was the process for shortening the legs? I may consider doing the same thing as it would fit our kids and low chairs better.

What size legs are on the IGT frame?

Honu

lost on the mainland
This is awesome setup Honu, I am attempting to fit in 2 infrared burners within the Snow Peak double bbq. I will appreciate any pointers and thoughts.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58091-Snow-Peak-Addiction?p=1414419#post1414419

that is so funny I just started looking into this idea this week :) hahhahah I kid you not :) to funny either a new unit or a conversion that would be able to be pulled out

was kinda hoping to do a thing where I could drop it in my single I have and come up with a way to use the holes on the bottom when I want and use charcoal when I want :)

I was thinking something like this
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100478...reId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100478980#specifications
and just do the L channel thing again ? but these seem BIG ?
or rip it apart and stick it in my single one somehow ? since the knob/valve would be there to use ?

again just getting the brain rolling

the pick you had never saw steel ones before ? kinda interesting could be more durable ? I heard a few things about the ceramic getting wet and cracking ?

did the ones you posted the pic of need a regulator setup and which one would work ? I know the magma grills sells lots of stuff like that separate ? or does it just need a valve to control ?

Hafwit

Adventurer
I like the infrared grill idea. Can you post more information about how you put it together? I would be interested in making one for the single size BBQ box or just having a custom one done in the same size.

Cheers,
Greg

Honu

lost on the mainland
one thing I have been using now for holding paper towels is the camp chef paper towel holder can be bought in a kit for like $10.00 on amazon if you don't have the stove already to take it from :)
helinoxmod_02.jpg

can be seen on the side of the table here

the SP one is slick for sure but its like $40 while I am a fan I also believe in real world cheap solutions if they work :)
had the camp chef stove at home and figured I would try it perfect fit :) so no reason to buy a SP one

Honu

lost on the mainland
one other thing we are loving is the tramezzino
http://www.snowpeak.com/tramezzino-gr-009.html
we have a few other cast iron pie pans but loving this one more :) easier to clean up, short folding handles so packs super small and super even cooking not a fire pit setup though :) but so many burn bans here ? tend to use it on the stove more also no worries of rusting ever etc..

bread pizza pies the kids love and have to say pretty darn good for a late night treat
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_01.jpg

my recent breakfast idea that was a huge hit my one kid does not like sausage but IMHO must have also works with bacon
first cook the eggs in the setup so its the same shape then take out put in the hash brown then egg then meat then cover with more hash browns
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_02.jpg

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_03.jpg

the final product :)*
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_04.jpg

Reactions: WVI

Honu

lost on the mainland
IGT Adjustable Legs

what might turn out to be my fav mod yet for comfort side of the IGT :)

had a lot of prototypes/ideas the problem with the little push in buttons is they are wobbly super quick though but also a pain if they spin around you have to find the holes or if you want a space in between ! some other methods got to clunky and I don't have a machine shop to make things form scratch*

will get some better pics but was excited to get this up just got finished figuring it out where I am happy

hated having to swap the legs found it a HUGE pain if I wanted to change the height which I sometimes do
like dropping down the tables to coffee table height just gets the table out of the way when hanging out
also with burn bans we often roast things over the gas BBQ unit :( don't like doing it over the propane camp fire to much soot ! :Wow1:
I also hated going down and spinning that little foot for uneven ground !!!
had to be rock solid and had to be captive did not want parts falling off or out and had to be simple I was going to go with more height adj and 2 legs but the extra lever while not a huge deal takes away from the clean simplicity of one lever

and really I cook with the taller ones so I am not sure I am going to bother making a pair for the cooking 4 space unit but am going to make 6-8 legs total so I can have one 2 space IGT and 2 bamboo table any height I want for sitting standing or coffee table height also working on a variable height setup so you can have one part longer one shorter kinda like they have not but you are not stuck to the 3 heights they have :)

legs_02.jpg

legs_03.jpg

quick bad video of them :)
[video]http://chaddahlquist.com/forums/camping/legs_00.mp4[/video]

Honu

lost on the mainland
Butcher a bad one :)
Parts work perfect though 25 mm size leg diameter
Been a full time tog most my life so have lots of gear
For fun www.chaddahlquist.com

This was one of my Maui tripods so some parts were crusty :) like really hard to put legs out feet(spike) were rusted but found the right size now to find a few more beat used ones on the cheap as I can
Have those feet with spikes on my main tripod these were my indoor feet to test kinda like em more for this

Since I cut the lower legs down could just have a short one for macro work with what's left hahah

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Nice work Honu! I'm currently working on the same thing...but for my own table. For my on-trail/in camp table needs being able to adjust the table height from sit-down table to food prep height is very important; not a deal breaker but important and useful just the same. I thought about using the legs off my Gitzo carbon tri-pod...but I didn't have to think about that one for more than a nano-second :D

Honu

lost on the mainland
so what have you come up with played with for ideas ?
on a non SP table this got me thinking which is dangerous :) ahahahhaa

I was thinking of buying some cheap carbon fiber mono pods and use the 1/4 20 threads and put some kinda solid T nut from the top and build my own table out of some nice furniture grade ply could work
figure basic mono that can go to about 15-16 inches is about $50 not super cheap but could be nice
downside 4 piece pods are a pain to many points to tighten :) but like the idea still maybe 3 piece mono only 2 per leg to adjust the big flat area on top where the 1/1-20 is should get a good solid setup going
for sure I am going to be thinking about that for some ideas I have just have to make sure the sideways force of course or wiggle force could stand it !!!

I am not taking apart nice gear for sure :) ahhaahaha more my one beater beach tripod and then see about buying a few more sadly they are still over $100 used and old :(

Last edited:

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Honu,

What do you use to store/transport the Magma grill? Anything special, some sort of box to help secure it in transport?

Also, any guidance on where to source the windscreen for the IGT table? I'm not having any luck finding anything. I'm assuming from the thread that there isn't a way to use the PS stove windscreen in the IGT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier