Snow Peak IGT gas grill & Snow Peak reviews and tweaks

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here's my latest Snow Peak tweak - new Overland Gourmet double wide cutting board and a propane BBQ grill in a 4 section IGT :D

IMG_1163.jpg

I had this Perfect Flame sitting in the garage almost forgotten... and it was a near perfect fit
IMG_1156.jpg

Measurement front to back
IMG_1159.jpg

The new cutting board from Overland Gourmet - what an upgrade!
IMG_1158.jpg

Propane. No muss, no fuss. Fire when you need it and ubiquitous in North America. I'll source a hose at some point so I can run this grill off of my larger 10lb propane cylinder on the truck
IMG_1152.jpg

The only mod required to fit this grill into the IGT was hitting these two vents with a small hammer. These vents are on all 4 sides and the front and back vents are what catches the IGT frame.
IMG_1148.jpg

Here is the grill info, I bought this one back in 2007-8-ish but similar grills are available from a variety of makers
Untitled.jpg

I started a thread on this in the Overland Chef section: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/87490-Propane-BBQ-and-a-Snow-Peak-Iron-Grill-Table

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Hey Dave,

That looks great. I'm going to forward those photos up the proper channels. I love it!

if you pass things up also pass up the idea of a one burner like the magma idea above one that sits flush to the top for both 1 and 2 space setups :)

soul

Observer
Has anyone attempted fitting a gas burner loop inside Snowpeak Double BBQ box thus converting the charcoal grill to gas? That will be interesting option if done.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Has anyone attempted fitting a gas burner loop inside Snowpeak Double BBQ box thus converting the charcoal grill to gas? That will be interesting option if done.

Thought of doing a single one using magma parts :)

The double could be a option with two tube burners though :)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I seriously thought about converting my BBQ box to propane but in the end it was just easier and arguably better to buy the Magma II...

Snow Peak developed at least one prototype using the BBQ Box as the base for a fuel canister fed bbq but for whatever reason they pulled the project.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Tramezzino GR-009

also posted this over in my snow peak tweaks thread but it fits the addiction thread :)

sadly noticed the price really jumped on these :(
was debating about picking up a 2nd one ? but not at the current price even when they were $74.99 they were a stretch ! but they are really nice :)

but the one thing I like about them over the regular pie irons we also have is the weight and the size when packed up with the folding handles !

Coleman in Japan has these really cool pie irons that have handles that screw out ! but cant get them here ? but still like the Snow Peak ones better :)

anyway they do a very nice job just over the burner of the stove and cook very even and clean up is a cinch ! and no rusting or keeping the seasoning in check etc.. so for convenience they are very nice comparing taste and crunch to our regular irons I cant tell the difference :)

made some spaghetti meatball sandwiches for the kids lunch :)

Tramezzino_01.jpg

Tramezzino_02.jpg

this is a pic of the coleman one
coleman.jpg

Last edited:

Rvl

I use this propane bbq,for $60 works great
I dont have a SnowPeak table , I have 2 SnowPeak stoves in my collection though
photo (3).JPG

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
I use this propane bbq,for $60 works great
I dont have a SnowPeak table , I have 2 SnowPeak stoves in my collection though
View attachment 157464

always liked those tables :) even Coleman has those types over seas :) ahhaha

the other thing I wanted to get here are those things that go around the fire pit on the ground
often metal mesh low looking so the FP or other folding fire pit is just above them
they seem like such a great idea :) put your feet up put your smore making up on keep the kids back etc..
seems quite a few companies make them !
http://www.coleman.co.jp/item/IS00060N02499.html

2000010397.jpg

funny how their is always something on the other side of where you live you really want !!!

Rvl

I have 2 wire mesh tables that sit beside the SnowPeak fire pits
They work well
The SnowPeak firepits are great , mine are over 10 years old and no rust or damage
I have the complete firepit set

always liked those tables :) even Coleman has those types over seas :) ahhaha

the other thing I wanted to get here are those things that go around the fire pit on the ground
often metal mesh low looking so the FP or other folding fire pit is just above them
they seem like such a great idea :) put your feet up put your smore making up on keep the kids back etc..
seems quite a few companies make them !
http://www.coleman.co.jp/item/IS00060N02499.html

View attachment 157496

funny how their is always something on the other side of where you live you really want !!!

Honu

lost on the mainland
any pics of them ?

I have 2 wire mesh tables that sit beside the SnowPeak fire pits
They work well
The SnowPeak firepits are great , mine are over 10 years old and no rust or damage
I have the complete firepit set

Honu

lost on the mainland
so did some cutting on one of my leg sets on my IGT down to 570

this height matches the Helinox chairs for a normal sit height also allows the height adjusters to still work :)

5_13_07.jpg

camping Espresso making 101 :)
5_13_03.jpg

5_13_05.jpg

morning Breakfast
5_13_06a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles