Snow Peak Addiction

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I originally planned to machine several and then sell them. But to be honest I assumed there just weren't very many if any folks that were using the GigaPower LI Stove that would want bulk propane adaptability.

At full bore 34,000btu it doesn't take too long to burn through a ~450g canister hence my desire to utilize bulk propane. So far it has functioned as expected on 100% bulk propane. If there is interest I can figure out a cost...

Want! PM sent!

Last edited:

GCL4x4

Here's a straw by s*p

sp-straw.jpg

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
Has anyone used their Giga Torch upside down yet? If so, what gas are you using? Package says it should work, but it goes out on me. Using a MSR canister.

Yes, you have to turn the gas so that its on as low as possible until it heats up or else it just puts out the flame with too much gas. I have been using the giga power gas.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
Found some 12" Snow Peak tent stakes at Cabela's for $9 a pop vs. $14 for a Cabela's 6-pack. Hope they're worth it!

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
I made up a few adapters to convert the Snowpeak GS1000 stove to propane. $42 + $10 USPS. Essentially a 2' hp hose with 1/4"FNPT on one end and the special threaded fitting on the other. Ideally needs to be used with an adjustable regulator at ~ 75psi.

PM me if interested.

I got spressomon's bulk adapter but have not been able to use it as the GS1000 is on backorder. I ended up getting a Baja Burner in the meantime and the adapter works with it as well. Any recommendations on pressure regulation? I found a 1-60PSI unit I'm currently using.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Yeah again pricey but very useful!

Does the Snow Peak Titanium Straw come enclosed within a Pelican case? :elkgrin:

Who's going to be the first person in this thread to get one of them straws?

I only have 1 Snow Peak item and its the chopsticks, I travel with them so that I do not have to use the suspect ones supplied by the street vendors in 3rd world countries (reused disposable ones or suspect cleaned ones).

The straw fits into my thinking. One of the potential places to pickup stomach bugs is drinking from cans or bottles that have been in icy water. The ice is made from local water and is contaminated. Beverage inside is fine but you cannot clean either the top of the can or the top of the bottle so you always use a straw. This would solve the problem of carrying dozens of disposable straws (always grab the sealed single issue ones form some generic "MacDonalds, KFC" in country.

So for $15 if it even saves on dose of deli belly I think its a bargain.

ssssnake529

Explorer
I have a lot of Snowpeak backpacking stuff (titanium stoves, pots, etc.) Their "luxury camping" line is just too expensive and bulky for my needs, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles