Snow Peak Addiction

jtosbo00

Observer
The adaptors like the kovea you listed work fine on SP gear, from the little candle lantern up through burners like the Baja. Zero issues in my experience over many years.

That Gas Growler you linked is a convenient kit but is actually a composite tank made by Viking Tanks: https://www.vikingcylinders.com/online-shop/ You can find the 11lb you listed on Amazon sold by Dr Shrink or from them directly for around $130. The hose is available freely, like this one (20lb to 1lb tank keywords): and I'm sure you could find a case, like maybe this backpack one from Flameking that you liked?
Otherwise the Ignik is packaged neatly but priced at x2 :) HTH

Thanks for the response! That propane tank I linked initially was later edited to the correct link once I realized it was the wrong one. The one I’m looking at is $150 for both the tank and the bag. The bag is what I like bc I’m going to be on long trips to Utah/Arizona/Colorado this summer (traveling from Connecticut).

It is good to know that the initial link I had is grossly overpriced. I’m not sure who it is aimed for (overlanders worried about propane tanks banging around in the trunk)?

Next step is to find a gas hose that splits for those double burners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

williaty

I had thought about switching to using propane tanks on the SP stoves I have but put it off… until now.
You need to be extremely careful with this and read the fine print. That's the manufacturer's fine print, not what some guy told you would work fine on the internet. The vapor pressure of a backpacking fuel canister is WAY lower than the vapor pressure of a propane tank. If the stove (or other appliance) is designed to handle both fuel sources, it's completely fine to use either. If the stove is designed to use straight propane (higher pressure), attaching a backpacking cannister (lower pressure) is safe. However, if the stove is designed to run only on backpacking cannisters (low pressure) and you attach a propane tank (high pressure), it may be dangerous. Results can vary between just not burning well because velocities are too high to blowing itself apart. The latter is quite rare.

So basically read your instruction manual and see if the stove is approved for both fuels. If it is, play on. If it's cannister fuel only, figure out how much risk you're willing to take.

I might of started this avenue, with the split gas lines.

YesYes please MAKE SURE you read the fine print before you attempt to modify any gas / fuel / isobutane/ propane/ regulator.

I use a propane for my S.P. double burner with a split gas line.... along with a regulator that lowers the intake propane gas pressure. It works for me... but ONLY DO WHAT you feel comfortable operating.

I have searched for where I got my G- items from, and I haven't had any luck finding it. I've added pictures in the past.

Only do what you feel safe doing.

Jeff8232

Ok, I’ve been lurking this site for a long time as a Snow Peak junkie ever since living in Japan for 3 years. I had to register just to post the following big news (at least for a SP nerd like me) that hasn’t even hit the SP website yet - Snow Peak finally came out with a LONG titanium spork! Only place I found it is REI.com. Mine is being delivered as we speak.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Ok, I’ve been lurking this site for a long time as a Snow Peak junkie ever since living in Japan for 3 years. I had to register just to post the following big news (at least for a SP nerd like me) that hasn’t even hit the SP website yet - Snow Peak finally came out with a LONG titanium spork! Only place I found it is REI.com. Mine is being delivered as we speak.

Welcome to Snow Peak Anonymous! :ROFLMAO:

I'm still waiting for the Table Top Architect pieces to reach this side of the pond.

Jeff8232

UPDATE: looks like it just hit the SP website.

Bailys13

We were sorry to miss that event. Apparently it was quite a fun time out there! Though this year wasn't necessarily the case, it seems to fall at the beginning of mushroom hunting season, which is a schedule conflict for us. :LOL:

That's really cool looking! Might have to try a set.

Thanks for your support. Your kit will ship today!
OK I talked myself into ordering one today. “Fire Restrictions Be Damned”. My friends little ones will get their roasted marshmallows this spring trip. Now to get some field testing completed before the trip?

Bailys13

OK I talked myself into ordering one today. “Fire Restrictions Be Damned”. My friends little ones will get their roasted marshmallows this spring trip. Now to get some field testing completed before the trip?
Wow. Ordered on Thursday, arrived on Saturday! Thank you Guillaume Dutilh for the incredibly fast shipping. I will give it a test run next weekend.

t3tris

Ha, that's awesome! We try to keep a few of these handy to ship right away, though just like you all here, we're sometimes busy exploring or adventuring.
Please do let us know your thoughts on the Zutto, the more feedback we get, the better we can make it. And thanks for the support!

Last edited:

Ragman

New batch of risers is done! If you are on the list please IM me.

Others please IM for details.
Sorry, I am just seeing this. What are the risers for? Looks like they would really help the single BBQ box burn better if that is what they are for.

labraca

Hopefully not off topic but looking to expand my snow peak setup. Looking a 2 unit IGT table, single bbq box, grill burner, igt components. Feel free to PM me if you have any components to that need a new home.

TooGouda

Hopefully not off topic but looking to expand my snow peak setup. Looking a 2 unit IGT table, single bbq box, grill burner, igt components. Feel free to PM me if you have any components to that need a new home.
I feel your pain lol... I started my IGT addiction in 2019 right when the 2U frame was discontinued and then tried to get a 1U bbq box right when they were discontinued.

there might still be some 2 unit festival black IGT frames around on Ebay or some other similar sites and small retailers. Despite 2U stuff being quite popular and hard to come by...they still discontinued it about 4 yrs ago and have not brought it back yet other than the recent black festival option. most people hang on to the 2U frames. I tried to get on for 3 yrs and couldn't bring myself to pay $500-600 to get one shipped from japan so I ended up buying 2 black ones when they appeared for festival this past year.

single BBQ box was also discontinued and they are hard to come by as well. I ended up paying like $400 to get one shipped from Japan via Ebay last year because i was tired of waiting to try to get one otherwise.

other stuff you mentioned is pretty easy to come by unless you have a specific item you want that is discontinued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz