Snow Peak Addiction

cactusjk

Explorer
Thank you to all who have followed through with the custom Single BBQ Box risers!

Still a few who committed up front and have not responded. I tried to reach out to everyone since the originator is no longer active on here…

TooGouda

Just got mine in the mail today ?

The super tailgate 2U set up is getting pretty tricked out these days haha
cinnamon roll doggo for scale :LOL:

IMG_1893.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_1895.HEIC.jpeg

tothetrail

Might anyone know where to find a set of (infinitely) adjustable legs for the IGT? Drifta used to sell some called "Stockton IGT Twist Lock Legs," but it looks they are out of stock. They had two sizes, Short (390 mm to 660mm) and Standard (600mm to 1100mm.) I'm looking for a standard length.

TooGouda

how many of us live in or around Utah?

Should we plan our own Snow Peak way camping meet up?

lots of space in Utah and surrounding states (ID, CO, NV, WY) to fit a large camp far away from anyone and everyone ?

We could do a super potluck buffet of different foods as everyone will have a kitchen to make something to contribute.
Weather could be factor during winter but its fairly doable to do a southern UT/CO/NV area meet up even in winter as there are large pockets of warmish weather down there throughout winter.

cactusjk

Explorer
I have three BBQ Risers packaged up and ready to send out Priority Mail. Please IM if interested. They are the last of this production run.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Are they any other places in the States that I can source G-Works products? I'd like to go from a 5-lbs propane tank -> split into two lindal valves so I can run two stoves off it. I've searched ebay and Amazon and only saw a small selection of G-Works products.

Riptide

Explorer
Are they any other places in the States that I can source G-Works products? I'd like to go from a 5-lbs propane tank -> split into two lindal valves so I can run two stoves off it. I've searched ebay and Amazon and only saw a small selection of G-Works products.

I think I bought much of my stuff a few years ago from the G-Works site in South Korea. Pain in the butt, but I got what I wanted. Almost unobtainium today.

Shame they don't make their uber-nice tank regulators anymore:

1673185546606.png

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I think I bought much of my stuff a few years ago from the G-Works site in South Korea. Pain in the butt, but I got what I wanted. Almost unobtainium today.

Shame they don't make their uber-nice tank regulators anymore:

Thanks for the info. I'll have to come up with alternate plans.

JamesC

Adventurer
I had the same questions trying to decide between the takibi octa or the hexa evo + fire-resistant liner combo. I emailed snow peak recently and the guy replying was really helpful. Here's what he said:

" Personally, I agree that the two-pole configuration is slightly easier to set up than one involving four poles. I will note that setting up the Takibi Tarp Octa with four poles follows a similar process as your Takibi Hexa Set M, because you will essentially erect the two tall poles first, with the wing poles being next in your order of operations. The Takibi Tarp Octa does also require more points to stake down as well. So altogether, the Takibi Tarp Octa is slightly more set up.

The next point is the surface area of the tarp, and the surface area of the fire-resistant inner roof. The Hexa Evo Pro dimensions will note that it is significantly longer (listed at 21') versus the Takibi Octa Tarp (listed at 16.7'). However, the Hexa Evo Pro inner roof does not offer complete coverage of the outer tarp. This will reduce the effective gathering area when paired with the inner roof, and anecdotal reviews from our Snow Peak Japan customers have expressed concerns about use in high wind conditions blowing sparks into the body of the outer tarp that is not covered. Furthermore, the Takibi Tarp Octa is listed as a gathering space for 6-8 people, while the Hexa Evo Pro is most commonly rated as a 4-6 person tarp. So the Takibi Tarp Octa may in fact offer more fire-resistant gathering space for your party, and be a more comfortable option.

I have more personal experience with the Takibi Tarp Octa, as we have used this for Snow Peak company outings and field demonstrations. We were able to fit two Campfield Futons, two Pack & Carry XL fireplaces, and a generous amount of Low Beach Chairs/Take! Chairs around our space to accommodate our team. My own personal opinion is that the additional time taken to set it up is worth the comfortable space provided.

I believe your decision will depend on the size of your party, your preference on the look of the tarp, and your willingness to purchase extra components necessary to complete your set up. "
@tonyle Thanks for posting this. I purchased the Octa for an upcoming rainy winter trip. Looking forward to all that covered space!
@GentJim which direction did you go?

I set it up when it arrived yesterday, about halfway, just to get a feel before the day and it's absolutely massive. The aramid covered portion is substantial. My wife hates rainy camps and she absolutely abhors being cold so I hope this goes a long way towards solving both of those :) I imagine this will be much better than just having our Howling Moon awning for both of those purposes. Thanks again.

jtosbo00

Observer
I just got back from my local REI store which had carried some of SP’s fuel canisters. Apparently they are experiencing SP fuel shortages and were sold out everywhere on some of the canisters I was looking for. I had thought about switching to using propane tanks on the SP stoves I have but put it off… until now.

I’ve looked through the past threads here but I must admit that I know very little about fuel tanks and their differences both in gas mixture and connectivity. Can someone inform me if this Ignik Gas Growler Deluxe set would work with an adapter? Both links to the products linked below. I would also like to get a gas hose that is a Y splitter for my double gas stoves. Anything caveats I should know about this and the rest of the setup?

EDITED: Fixed incorrect model name and link.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

JamesC

Adventurer
I just got back from my local REI store which had carried some of SP’s fuel canisters. Apparently they are experiencing SP fuel shortages and were sold out everywhere on some of the canisters I was looking for. I had thought about switching to using propane tanks on the SP stoves I have but put it off… until now.

I’ve looked through the past threads here but I must admit that I know very little about fuel tanks and their differences both in gas mixture and connectivity. Can someone inform me if this Ignik Gas Growner X would work with an adapter? Both links to the products linked below. I would also like to get a gas hose that is a Y splitter for my double gas stoves. Anything caveats I should know about this and the rest of the setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The adaptors like the kovea you listed work fine on SP gear, from the little candle lantern up through burners like the Baja. Zero issues in my experience over many years.

That Gas Growler you linked is a convenient kit but is actually a composite tank made by Viking Tanks: https://www.vikingcylinders.com/online-shop/ You can find the 11lb you listed on Amazon sold by Dr Shrink or from them directly for around $130. The hose is available freely, like this one (20lb to 1lb tank keywords): and I'm sure you could find a case, like maybe this backpack one from Flameking that you liked?
Otherwise the Ignik is packaged neatly but priced at x2 :) HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94