Snow Peak Addiction

concretejungle

Adventurer
OK you all got me.... now I'm finding myself looking at snow peak gear all the time! Just purchased the portable fire pit. That thing is really great!!! Then, had to pick up a kitchen utensil bag and hey, why not pick up a hand made fork and spoon as well. IMG_6692.JPG

TooGouda

OK you all got me.... now I'm finding myself looking at snow peak gear all the time! Just purchased the portable fire pit. That thing is really great!!! Then, had to pick up a kitchen utensil bag and hey, why not pick up a hand made fork and spoon as well. View attachment 744849
welp... say goodbye to your fun budget... its gonna get spent on drugs known as snowpeak gear lol

t3tris

Just ordered this propane option for Takibi time - might be worth checking out if you’re in the suburbs like me: https://www.zuttofire.com

Hey, thanks for your support Bill. You were our very first online order!!

If anyone has questions about our Zutto propane adapter for the Takibi fire pit, I'd be happy to answer them. This, by the way, is our very first post on this forum. I've been trying to find out where the little traffic we receive comes from and finally found this thread. I can't seem to find the rules for this section however, so please let me know if this post violates anything and I'd happily edit or remove it.

We built our first adapter last year after missing our Takibi during the burn fire season. Jennifer was wondering about making a propane adapter for the grill and my brain just OCD'd it. Then some people noticed and wanted their own so we started making them in our garage in Portland, OR for a few friends. Now we're selling them online. They are similar to the model shared a few posts earlier, though with a bigger burner and what would seem to be a simpler assembly process. Our goal was to make something that'd be easy to assemble (no tools, not seal tape needed, quick connect fittings, takes less than a minute to put together), fits in the original Takibi bag, doesn't require Takibi modifications, that we can still cook on (using pans) and delivers a punch. This is what we ended up with:

T3TRIS Zutto - Snow Peak Takibi Fire & Grill fire pit propane adapter-66.jpg

The burner is a 92K BTU burner with a propane air mixer that can create a flame much larger than anyone would ever need.

T3TRIS Zutto - Snow Peak Takibi Fire & Grill fire pit propane adapter-154.jpg

And everything fits in the original bag (hose and air mixer valve fit in the mesh pocket on the side of the bag).

T3TRIS Zutto - Snow Peak Takibi Fire & Grill fire pit propane adapter-184.jpg

We sell those on our website for $240 with a canvas bag of lava rocks or $220 without (we do recommend using lava rocks though for flame dispersion and heat retention). Shipping is $20 and $15 depending on rocks.
"Zutto" by the way, translates to "all the time" in Japanese. And Takibi Zutto would translate to bonfire forever, pretty appropriate we think. Anyhow, people seem to like it, we certainly have been loving ours even outside of wood burn ban season. Now, there's no replacing a good wood fire of course, but being able to instantly fire up and turn off the grill has come in handy more than once, especially on road trips where you might not want to lug around a bunch of firewood.

Last edited:

TooGouda

If anyone has questions about our Zutto propane adapter for the Takibi fire pit, I'd be happy to answer them. This, by the way, is our very first post on this forum. I've been trying to find out where the little traffic we receive comes from and finally found this thread. I can't seem to find the rules for this section however, so please let me know if this post violates anything and I'd happily edit or remove it.

We built our first adapter last year after missing our Takibi during the burn fire season. Jennifer was wondering about making a propane adapter for the grill and my brain just OCD'd it. Then some people noticed and wanted their own so we started making them in our garage in Portland, OR for a few friends. Now we're selling them online. They are similar to the model shared a few posts earlier, though with a bigger burner and what would seem to be a simpler assembly process. Our goal was to make something that'd be easy to assemble (no tools, not seal tape needed, quick connect fittings, takes less than a minute to put together), fits in the original Takibi bag, doesn't require Takibi modifications, that we can still cook on (using pans) and delivers a punch. This is what we ended up with:

View attachment 745147

The burner is a 92K BTU burner with a propane air mixer that can create a flame much larger than anyone would ever need.

View attachment 745148

And everything fits in the original bag (hose and air mixer valve fit in the mesh pocket on the side of the bag).

View attachment 745149

We sell those on our website for $240 with a canvas bag of lava rocks or $220 without (we do recommend using lava rocks though for flame dispersion and heat retention). Shipping is $20 and $15 depending on rocks.
"Zutto" by the way, translates to "all the time" in Japanese. And Takibi Zutto would translate to bonfire forever, pretty appropriate we think. Anyhow, people seem to like it, we certainly have been loving ours even outside of wood burn ban season. Now, there's no replacing a good wood fire of course, but being able to instantly fire up and turn off the grill has come in handy more than once, especially on road trips where you might not want to lug around a bunch of firewood.
hmmm i was planning on making my own just using a burner head but i like how this has the full plate to spread out the flames

cactusjk

Explorer

View attachment 745147

View attachment 745148

View attachment 745149

Nice!! Heard about these at SPW.

labraca

View attachment 745147

View attachment 745148

View attachment 745149

Just ordered one!

t3tris

Nice!! Heard about these at SPW.

We were sorry to miss that event. Apparently it was quite a fun time out there! Though this year wasn't necessarily the case, it seems to fall at the beginning of mushroom hunting season, which is a schedule conflict for us. :LOL:

GasOne has a nice little fake log set that works well. i bought mine through Amazon. Here it is in my little pit: View attachment 745631

That's really cool looking! Might have to try a set.

Just ordered one!

Thanks for your support. Your kit will ship today!

devonojas

14CEB330-9E7B-4A67-9EE9-57BDD8B7679A.jpeg
Fun Double Burner project! Pretty simple too.

Snow Peak Double Burner Stove
8020.net frame
lock out hinges from Amazon
bent 1/8” aluminum bracket made from my drawing on sendcutsend.com
HDPE countertop also drawn in Adobe Illustrator and made by Send Cut Send

Attachments

• A640F3A2-6E9D-4663-98C6-D4C85DBA5ECE.jpeg
    A640F3A2-6E9D-4663-98C6-D4C85DBA5ECE.jpeg
    844.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 168B1EAA-C5F9-4C34-B0D1-D316E48A99CF.jpeg
    168B1EAA-C5F9-4C34-B0D1-D316E48A99CF.jpeg
    589.9 KB · Views: 54

devonojas

View attachment 748224
Fun Double Burner project! Pretty simple too.

Snow Peak Double Burner Stove
8020.net frame
lock out hinges from Amazon
bent 1/8” aluminum bracket made from my drawing on sendcutsend.com
HDPE countertop also drawn in Adobe Illustrator and made by Send Cut Send
The 1010 profile from 80/20 fits the stove pretty perfectly. It’s the 1” extrusion.

TooGouda

I know a lot of you guys have had a 2U frame forever... but i just have to say that now that i finally have one after 4 years of trying... its just as awesome as I imagined!

IMG_1611.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles