Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer

I might be more interested if one could slide the tabletop closed over a drop-in module.

TooGouda

I might be more interested if one could slide the tabletop closed over a drop-in module.
i said the same thing... if the sliding tops are not able to hide anything underneath, id rather have a 2u frame or an entry frame for sure.

it could def be a cool little thing if someone wanted an easy to fold and store coffee table for their apartment etc though

DesertSand05

Observer
I grabbed one of these from Japan, I had an idea for using it in my yard with a Giga Li stove for handling large pots.

Its a great piece; the snow peak collector in me is glad I got it, but I'd say its more of a piece of furniture than a piece of camping eqiupment.

The table top will slide over a 1U or 1/2 U stainless steel box; anything else, like the mesh inserts or cooking inserts lock the top in place.

Its very stable, but very heavy. Keep in mind that the 1U stainless steel boxes are discontinued.

You can also attach an extension table to the sides and for a "T" setup.

To sum very cool, but your probably not lugging this around camping.

kohta

was organizing my stuff and decided to put the big set up together since i don't do it often this year. im still amazed at how small all this packs down versus how big it is all set up. i didn't get out the paper towel holder and such for the pic but i have a few of the frame rail hanger bracket sets so i can add those things where i need them :D
View attachment 696793
Nice setup, what is the little extra shelf on the left side?

TooGouda

Nice setup, what is the little extra shelf on the left side?
its a stainless side shelf. they had them for a limited item a couple years ago so I snagged one just for fun. its pretty sweet for putting the cooking utensils on instead of laying them on the rest of the table space, but it doesn't hold a lot of weight like a corner table or table extension would since it has no support legs

Lennart

Adventurer
its a stainless side shelf. they had them for a limited item a couple years ago so I snagged one just for fun. its pretty sweet for putting the cooking utensils on instead of laying them on the rest of the table space, but it doesn't hold a lot of weight like a corner table or table extension would since it has no support legs
I have two and find the sides really useful (especially with the 2 unit IGT) and take them along everywhere I go with the IGT. I don't know why SP discontinues such a good addition. SP too moves in mysterious ways......

natematos

I have two and find the sides really useful (especially with the 2 unit IGT) and take them along everywhere I go with the IGT. I don't know why SP discontinues such a good addition. SP too moves in mysterious ways......

For me it's the ignoring a second hand market. Like, these aren't Sneakers where some new color will be out in a month. There hasn't been a paper towel holder since THE paper towel holder. And they're selling for 5-10x the original price on the second hand market. How do they not look at that and go, you know, there may be a desire for that as a permanent item.

TooGouda

For me it's the ignoring a second hand market. Like, these aren't Sneakers where some new color will be out in a month. There hasn't been a paper towel holder since THE paper towel holder. And they're selling for 5-10x the original price on the second hand market. How do they not look at that and go, you know, there may be a desire for that as a permanent item.
or at least a routine limited quantity production run once a year or whatever. if people want one they best buy one when they come into stock, or they have to wait unless they are willing to go second hand

like why are 2U IGT frames selling for $800? the one i slept on before retailers sold out their last year and didn't buy was $160 with standing legs brand new.
is Snowpeak really looking at that and going "hmmmmmm we have plenty of 3U and 4U frames in stock... lets make more of those instead of some 2U frames even though people are paying $400-800 on the second hand market"

i just emailed them and told them to bring the 2U frames back just because im bored at lunch :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
or at least a routine limited quantity production run once a year or whatever. if people want one they best buy one when they come into stock, or they have to wait unless they are willing to go second hand

like why are 2U IGT frames selling for $800? the one i slept on before retailers sold out their last year and didn't buy was $160 with standing legs brand new.
is Snowpeak really looking at that and going "hmmmmmm we have plenty of 3U and 4U frames in stock... lets make more of those instead of some 2U frames even though people are paying $400-800 on the second hand market"

i just emailed them and told them to bring the 2U frames back just because im bored at lunch :ROFLMAO:

As a product manager, this is even more infuriating… they don’t get revenue share in the secondary market, so should really have someone looking at that, along with counterfeiting and patent infringement issues.

A simple walk around SPW and other events asking questions would get them a bit more insight on what’s going on. Maybe I’ll also send an email reply to their latest “executive musings” newsletter that they sent out.

Oh, and a Product Manager on their toes would be lurking in this thread :]

DesertSand05

Observer

Actually the FES paper towel holder has popped up back in stock a few times, as well as the FES steel side trays.

It is very rare for them to come back ins stock, and I would be surprised if the 2U IGT frame came back, but it is worth keeping an eye on the website.

TooGouda

As a product manager, this is even more infuriating… they don’t get revenue share in the secondary market, so should really have someone looking at that, along with counterfeiting and patent infringement issues.

A simple walk around SPW and other events asking questions would get them a bit more insight on what’s going on. Maybe I’ll also send an email reply to their latest “executive musings” newsletter that they sent out.

Oh, and a Product Manager on their toes would be lurking in this thread :]
for real! making a 2U frames is insanely easy being that they make 3U and 4U frames...its just a shorter aluminum chunk in the middle...the manufacturing process is identical otherwise. they could knock out 500 of them and ship them over here for the spring camping ramp up season and sell out within a month or 2 easy. hell id buy 2 just becasue im mad i didn't buy one last time i saw them, they only need to sell 498 more and i bet there are 100 other people like me

natematos

My first prototype of a unique IGT insert is here. Been contemplating something like this for a while.

I generally use my MSR Windburner (Jetboil type backpacking stove) to make coffee in the morning while camping. But it always felt a bit lost just floating on my IGT next to food or kitchen items not in use.

This slots in to a 1/2U space, can be used as a lid on the stainless steel trays, and supports 2 gigapower fuel canisters + whatever accessory is on top. Meaning stoves, lanterns, just about anything can have a home that won't move.

It needs some tweaking to the final design. A little more lock to the slide in channel, a thicker stainless for a bit more support, should be a bit narrower. But hey this is why we prototype right?

r55f4z4t8wc81.jpeg91hgez4t8wc81.jpegqjdyjz4t8wc81.jpeg

TooGouda

My first prototype of a unique IGT insert is here. Been contemplating something like this for a while.

I generally use my MSR Windburner (Jetboil type backpacking stove) to make coffee in the morning while camping. But it always felt a bit lost just floating on my IGT next to food or kitchen items not in use.

This slots in to a 1/2U space, can be used as a lid on the stainless steel trays, and supports 2 gigapower fuel canisters + whatever accessory is on top. Meaning stoves, lanterns, just about anything can have a home that won't move.

It needs some tweaking to the final design. A little more lock to the slide in channel, a thicker stainless for a bit more support, should be a bit narrower. But hey this is why we prototype right?

View attachment 702642View attachment 702643View attachment 702644
OOooooooooo nice! I was thinking of something similar but wasn't sure if i would like it or not. seeing your prototype is making think i should do one of the design i was thinking of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles