Snow Peak Addiction

natematos

A lot of the new 2021 stuff still hasn't made it to the US market.

We've been about 3-6mo behind Japan in terms of releases. I'm crossing my fingers there's still 2021 product to come for us. For example, the mesh chair/bench were just released here. But they were a summer product in Japan which makes way more sense.

TooGouda

the fire blower is just a fancy pocket billows or tube. been using them for decades! i have one in my fire kit mostly for fun but it can be useful sometimes

Lennart

Adventurer
Nice to see the new stuff. I too like the angled extension tables even though I don't know what they would add functionality wise :giggle:
I like the Table Top Architect System too. I would definately like to get one of those.
A fire blower has been a key part of my camping/touring setup for years. I have one in 2 halves that fits in my daypack. If you are cooking on open fires a lot, it is so nice to be able to reignite a fire from the stumps or embers without having to get your nose in the smoke/flames. In the old country they call it a Bouffadou (y)

DesertSand05

Observer
We've been about 3-6mo behind Japan in terms of releases. I'm crossing my fingers there's still 2021 product to come for us. For example, the mesh chair/bench were just released here. But they were a summer product in Japan which makes way more sense.

Thanks for the info, the mesh stuff seemed really innovative and functional. Luckily I don’t have a pool, or i would have definitely seen myself grabbing those and I already have enough camp chairs. ?

There is also the HQ and FES stuff that pops up, hopefully more stuff will hit the us market.

natematos

Nice to see the new stuff. I too like the angled extension tables even though I don't know what they would add functionality wise :giggle:

I could see two of the same side (like two right pieces) being combined to make a large sweeping right angle. Cap it with an IGT 4 unit at either end and you could have to whole work stations without stepping on one another.

Lennart

Adventurer
I could see two of the same side (like two right pieces) being combined to make a large sweeping right angle. Cap it with an IGT 4 unit at either end and you could have to whole work stations without stepping on one another.

Yep I could see that, but you need to go big (or stay home) :D

DesertSand05

Observer
I dug around a little on the Japanese Snow Peak site. The angle extensions are the same length (~1,000mm) as the 4U IGTs, or they would need a Drifta 4U storage bag.

It's not a deal breaker if you already have a 4U IGT, but I have everything revolving around a 3U IGT. I have a pelican case that can hold a 3U Drifta Bag. Im not sure I'd want to be carrying around more big stuff.

I guess Ill have to decide on these when they get to the US.

Lennart

Adventurer
I hear ya....even though all you really need is the Fireplace :giggle:

ZG8crU.jpg

Chris Boyd

Explorer

Will be interesting to see if the architect system baskets are actually quarter or half-unit. That deep half unit-looking (CK226) basket would be helpful in certain cases

natematos

Will be interesting to see if the architect system baskets are actually quarter or half-unit. That deep half unit-looking (CK226) basket would be helpful in certain cases

I'd imagine they're half. The only quarter unit item they designed was Japan only and as far as I know only available in 2017/18. It was discontinued pretty fast.

MDA

Observer
Anyone have any thoughts on the gigapower li stove? Thinking about picking one up whenever it comes back in stock. I’d mainly use it for a disk/wok setup. If anyone has one they want to let go, I’m interested ?.

DesertSand05

Observer
Anyone have any thoughts on the gigapower li stove? Thinking about picking one up whenever it comes back in stock. I’d mainly use it for a disk/wok setup. If anyone has one they want to let go, I’m interested ?.

I have one and looking for a 2nd one myself if they ever come back. They are very expensive, but your best bet for larger pots. An adapter to use propane cylinders is a must with this.

The snow peak wok and wok ring has been discontinued fir a long time. The speciality made wok rings are impossible to find. One day I’m sure snow peak will do a wok again, but just realize you’ll be missing two parts of that.

natematos

I was still interested in the pitcher and table that slides out for the 2U igt items, Neither have made it to the US market.

Today is your day:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles