Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

Anyone have the Shimo Can Cooler 350? Does it have a bottom, or is it just a sleeve like a traditional koozie? I want it more as a cup--is there anything preventing it from being used as a normal cup? I can't find any pictures of the bottom, and I read something about it having "clips" too?
i have one... its just a stainless cup that is double layered and the vacuum hole is sealed on the bottom with a big sticker.

its basically a thin double wall vacuum mug but is designed to friction fit a standard soda/beer can into it coozie style

TooGouda

Sorry I meant the single charcoal box. I wasnt sure how much the skottle adapter took up. This said I would prefer a 3 position. The sink would like be used as a side attachment. The corner is just for putting stuff.

Anyways we are cooking for two with the option to cook for more if wanted. The charcoal grill would be for steaks , chicken and such with a charcoal grilled flavor. Im not against the 4 unit if it gives my wife some space to prep. We can always figure out a solution on the Alucab to fit the items. I was hoping to have some space between the cab and the camper to store it. Would have someone fab up a three-sided box with a door that fits that area with a door to be able to slide in things. Im working with a fabricator to work out some ideas there. Im just looking for something simple and functional with a load of different options to use. Like different setups depending on time at area or so on. Would rather have a break down time of less than 30 minutes total of all camping gear with the two of us. By myself I would just use my 2 burner partner on the back door and maybe the grill if wanted. Im still tryign to figure out this stuff. In the end it may not be the best option for our needs.

I was going to get the drop table that went with the 3/4 unit to be able to sit at. Always found it very nice to have a outdoor table. Jsut to hang out in the rain under the canopy, play cards, games etc..
single charcoal box is discontinued, you can find them on ebay and such for like $600 or so give or take $200 more or less depending on how the seller feels

sounds like you will have space to have a 4 unit or 3 unit frame if you are doing an alucab build out.

the skottle adapter is quite spendy IMO just to have it take up space in your IGT frame. plus you will have to carry the skottle adapter plate around everywhere. unless you plan on leaving the skottle legs at home... it will be less redundant single purpose items in your rig to just use the skottle as is, and dedicate your IGT frame to sink, prep, bbq box, burner, etc.

in terms of set up and break down time. im just gonna say i have no clue what my time is when i use mine since im out there to be out there. im not ever in a hurry to speed through set up and break down to get going again. that being said... an IGT set up is really just some legs that stick in and turn a half turn to lock, then you drop in your units into the frame... DONE... then reverse order to break down

natematos

I can speak to my IGT set up/take down experiences a bit, as I use it for day or overnight trips all the time. Overall, your experience will vary based on what accessories you're bringing with. But it sounds like a pretty straightforward setup from what you're proposing. My go-to setup has recently become:

• 4U IGT table
•Bamboo table long
• Bamboo corner piece
• The 8 legs associated with the above
• Bamboo sliding extension long
• Double Burner
• Stainless half box x2
• Baja Burner or Bamboo single insert depending on need

To get from unloaded to set up and cooking is maybe 10-15 mins. Take down time may be a little longer if I need to clean something, or if I didn't put some mess away, or if I can't find where I put a storage bag. If I bring more items like the Hanging Rack it will obviously take a bit more time. If I bring fewer pieces like the corner and table, it will be faster. But honestly because things are stored together I usually just bring the above.

Riptide

Explorer
Looking for feedback on the IGT. We are thinking about using the following pieces for our outside cook-set. Three unit Corner set with a Double BBQ Box and the Tembo Tusk Skottle adapter for the other side. Giving us a cooking surface for anything we can think of , a small prep area and a place to sit. Will probably figure out a way to have a sink insert that collapses and the knife cutting board for the other open area.

I honestly don't find the corner pieces all that useful, unless the spot demands it, like maybe a tent or canopy. They can be tippy if you put the weight on the outside of the curve, and for the small amount of workspace, you have to tote two extra legs. I get more use out of the IGT Height Adjusters and a Table extension the same size as your IGT frame. Then you can use the table extension as a standing height work top, or a sitting height dining table. And much more stable. The caveat to this is having a pair of adjustable legs for the Table Extension, to accommodate the two different heights.

I wouldn't do the Double BBQ box either. I'd do the grill plate, and a Flat Burner. And I know everyone loves the Single BBQ box, but for me, they really don't hold a ton of fuel, so unless you're cooking something relatively quick, you're sometimes trying to add fuel to keep it going. Others may feel differently though. Save your grillin' for the SP Fire Pit, which is a must-have!

For a cutting board, just designate one side of a wooden insert as the cutting side, and let it get nicked up. The flip it over the nice "show" side. It's just a piece of wood.

Last edited:

kalieaire

Observer
Been working on the Snow Peak subreddit and was blown away how little community there is out there online until I found this group of what are clearly my people.

I just found the subreddit. You'd be surprised, there're a lot more of us hiding in the backpacking community since they had primarily backpacking gear 16 years ago. It's only in the past decade that Snow Peak has evolved into glamping.

natematos

It's only in the past decade that Snow Peak has evolved into glamping.

Maybe true from a US perspective, but this has been their MO in Japan since the early 90s. Before that, lots of mountaineering gear. After that, fishing gear. They're pretty constantly evolving.

Catalanbull

Anyone have the Shimo Can Cooler 350? Does it have a bottom, or is it just a sleeve like a traditional koozie? I want it more as a cup--is there anything preventing it from being used as a normal cup? I can't find any pictures of the bottom, and I read something about it having "clips" too?
This can cooler got me really intrigued and ordered one. It looks great and it’s very well made. The one I got is actually different than the one in the pic I posted a few posts back, maybe it’s a newer model. The black vacuum seal is on the outside, under the cup, not inside, so I think it should be totally fine to drink from it. I checked temps, one can in it and one can outside, both at 72°F ambient, they both were at 46°, after 2.5 hours the one in it was at 55°, the one outside at 65°.

Attachments

• A7D8D170-AE6D-4ABB-B9FD-2F8015359D7C.jpeg
    A7D8D170-AE6D-4ABB-B9FD-2F8015359D7C.jpeg
    894.4 KB · Views: 52
  • F95BE65E-665F-4074-8456-BCEA266678BE.jpeg
    F95BE65E-665F-4074-8456-BCEA266678BE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • BF496DF5-BA35-45C6-85FE-CDE3C855C030.jpeg
    BF496DF5-BA35-45C6-85FE-CDE3C855C030.jpeg
    804.3 KB · Views: 51

Ragman

If anyone is interested I have 4 15% discount codes for Snow Peak online (I assume USA only) good until December 31. They offer free shipping until December 13 I believe. I got these at Overland Expo West and won't be able to use them so if you would like one just send me a message and I will shoot one over your way.

DesertSand05

Observer
If anyone is interested I have 4 15% discount codes for Snow Peak online (I assume USA only) good until December 31. They offer free shipping until December 13 I believe. I got these at Overland Expo West and won't be able to use them so if you would like one just send me a message and I will shoot one over your way.

PM sent for one if you still have them.

fusace

Coupon: SHIPFREE

This coupon can only be used once per customer, has no expiration date, and only cover U.S. orders with shipping charges under $8.00.

Happy Holidays!

DesertSand05

Observer

Thanks, coupon worked out great, I havn't seen a lot of new snow peak stuff on sale this season. Probably because of supply chain issues.

This coupon got me the new mini fire place and a bottle in the color they only have on their site, all with free shipping.

I should have grabbed two more IGT corners, but this was a good deal, thanks so much.

fusace

Hi Ragman,

If you have a spare coupon code, can you please PM? Thanks!

TooGouda

was organizing my stuff and decided to put the big set up together since i don't do it often this year. im still amazed at how small all this packs down versus how big it is all set up. i didn't get out the paper towel holder and such for the pic but i have a few of the frame rail hanger bracket sets so i can add those things where i need them :D
IMG_0062.heic.jpeg

natematos

2022 New Product List is live:

Some initial thoughts

• The IGT stuff looks pretty good, I really like the angled bamboo pieces. And am glad they're finally bringing back the windscreen. Though it doesn't look as nice as the original once from 2013 or so.
  • I'm a little disappointed they didn't do anything new with Makita this year. Was hoping for an LED lantern or something.
  • Shimo Barrel is a little insane. Though with the prices of the now discontinued water jug getting close to 1kUSD I'm not surprised something was filling that void.
  • The fire blaster is hilarious, and I'll need one for sure.

DesertSand05

Observer
2022 New Product List is live:

Some initial thoughts

• The IGT stuff looks pretty good, I really like the angled bamboo pieces. And am glad they're finally bringing back the windscreen. Though it doesn't look as nice as the original once from 2013 or so.
  • I'm a little disappointed they didn't do anything new with Makita this year. Was hoping for an LED lantern or something.
  • Shimo Barrel is a little insane. Though with the prices of the now discontinued water jug getting close to 1kUSD I'm not surprised something was filling that void.
  • The fire blaster is hilarious, and I'll need one for sure.

Thanks for posting, they havn't even released all the stuff in the 2021 and now they are coming out with 2022 stuff we can't get in the US :)

A lot of the new 2021 stuff still hasn't made it to the US market.

I was still interested in the pitcher and table that slides out for the 2U igt items, Neither have made it to the US market.

The 2021 IGT stuff was pretty cool, a lot of the 2022 stuff seems destined for discontinuation.

The wind screen will be an instant buy, but as much as I will buy the angled corners, can't see what purpose they really serve.

I'd be surprised if the beer barrel even makes it to the US, and the counter top rack system seems a little crazy, and I have never seen anything to blow smoke into a fire like that :)

Of course its snow peak and ridiculously over designed, so I'll get one :cool:

One sign of hope for the 2 unit gas burner, is that they use it in the add for the wind screen, hopefully that makes a come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles