Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

I need a single burner insert for my IGT but I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for them to be in stock. I’ve been pretty set on sticking to single unit size stoves/bbq/inserts but now I’m kicking myself because I have passed on a couple chances for double stoves and bbq boxes. The grill burner is in stock, and I have been tempted to get one anyway, but I want a flat burner for dedicated stove for boiling water and such without making the grill burner work with removing the cast iron. Am I being naive by waiting? I’m used to Snow Peak and the lack of inventory for IGT items but I feel like the flat burner should not be one of those items to never have.
also, anyone have any strong opinions on the usefulness of the low height 400mm legs? I’ve been wanting to use a setup that I can enjoy in my Kermit chair. The sitting height is too short for Kermit chairs but I have been hesitating on buying low height legs because will I really use them when I can essentially make do with my pack and carry fireplace/grill bridge for the same effect?

i think the supply chain from asia to the US is just a huge mess right now and making the standard Snowpeak stocking speed be 8 times slower.

also i think the flat burner is supposed to have a stainless reflector bowl around the burner head instead of an enameled one now so i bet we are basically just waiting for those to get over here since the stainless ones are whats listed on sites overseas from what i have found. i have a flat burner and a baja burner and while i do like the baja burner a lot... the flat burner is a great simple and pack-able stove and performs well for pretty much everything except larger pans/pots as the frame only allows so much before you end up crooked from hitting the edges.

IMG_0176.jpeg

I have a set of standing legs, sitting legs, and the 400mm low legs. the low legs are about what i would say is coffee table height (i posted a pic a handful of posts ago using them for my actual coffee table in my house even haha) depending on your camp chair your butt will be sitting about the height of the table or slightly higher than the table. if you have a super low camp chair, you can still slide your legs under the table with 400mm legs if you stick your feet out straight kind of like you were sitting on the ground or had a bed in breakfast tray table over you in bed. im not sure i will ever get the 300mm ground legs or not as they seem like they would be super short after using the 400mm legs. with the 400mm legs, its still short enough you could kneel down or sit on the ground on a cushion or blanket to cook at the table too

Last edited:

natematos

i think the supply chain from asia to the US is just a huge mess right now and making the standard Snowpeak stocking speed be 8 times slower.

Not just that, things are being discontinued with new items "on the way" that are adding to the delays. Baja Burner for example, not coming back ever.

My rule of thumb for Snow Peak is that if I want it, I should just get it. Things go out of stock in an instant and then it can feel like a year before they're back if ever.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Prefer the shorter legs with our lower chairs but also like that lower out of your way coffee table feel I do like standing to cook though so the drop for the table is nice if you use them together with the IGT

TooGouda

Anyone use the caldero? just picked one up and have not been able to use it yet.
its cast aluminum that they machined the surfaces of it.
I kind of want to machine it further and then maybe find a place to stick it in a tumbler to polish the grooves it has as it might end up being horrible to clean if anything is sticking to the bottom of it after cooking.

65644423074__6B133A88-2C4F-4175-B973-0C355D51046E.JPG

EPICBYTES

That caldero looks much nicer than images on the snowpeak website. Looks like it is machined/turned by lathe which would explain some casted surfaces left alone. It would require a lathe with a live tooling (4th axis) and cycle time would increase tremendously aka costs.

EPICBYTES

Contemplating on ordering takibi. Theres several sizes, how did y'all settle on a certain sizes?

Given all of attachments such as oven and secondary burner for large only. It kinda nobrainer going with large given it can open up to more possible uses?

Intend to use it for overlanding, backyard, and occasionally canoe glamping.

alexcivick

Observer
Contemplating on ordering takibi. Theres several sizes, how did y'all settle on a certain sizes?

Given all of attachments such as oven and secondary burner for large only. It kinda nobrainer going with large given it can open up to more possible uses?

The pack and carry fireplace sets? I have a large and I think it’s the best size. It’s not huge and the grill bridge opens it up for IGT griddles, grill grates, and as mentioned the field oven. And I believe the Floga is fit for the large as well. I love mine it’s been an essential camp item for years. Fits in the cargo area of moth my Land Rovers easy. Mostly slides perfectly on the side of my Engel fridge or I have strapped it down on the roof rack. I made a few sets of straps for my IGT setup and for the pack and carry that helps make it flat and easier to lug around. I’ve even dropped a cutting board over it (with no fire) and used it as a table decent height for my Kermit chair
05a485eb6df6e660daca061f83a2ca75.jpg

b1e548f8d57664f39e938a3196b0104a.jpg

8f682013cda7df008cc36e04544bd3bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPICBYTES

Thank you for your thoughtful write up, it settled my doubts. How do you like the kermit chair? Looks every elegant!

Kinda getting serious with a woman... along supply chain is not looking good... Got to buy what I want... NOW before its too late. Its heirloom quality stuff to be passed on after all!

Went little nuts... hey an early christmas gift to myself... Ordered the following
  • Campfield Futon Starter Set
  • Takibi Tarp Hexa Set M
  • Takibi Fire & Grill
  • Floga
  • Base Plate Stand
  • Al Dente Cookset
  • Stacking Shelf Container 25
I am officially a hardcore snowpeak addict??

alexcivick

Observer
Thank you for your thoughtful write up, it settled my doubts. How do you like the kermit chair? Looks every elegant!

Kinda getting serious with a woman... along supply chain is not looking good... Got to buy what I want... NOW before its too late. Its heirloom quality stuff to be passed on after all!

Went little nuts... hey an early christmas gift to myself... Ordered the following
  • Campfield Futon Starter Set
  • Takibi Tarp Hexa Set M
  • Takibi Fire & Grill
  • Floga
  • Base Plate Stand
  • Al Dente Cookset
  • Stacking Shelf Container 25
I am officially a hardcore snowpeak addict??

I def love my Kermit chair. It’s a great campfire chair. It’s very low so it doesn’t work as a dining chair most tables, even the sitting height Snow Peak, are still too high for the the stance of a Kermit chair. So it is a great campfire chair. Chill out chair.
It’s small but it can be deceptively comfortable. And strong. It can hold 350lbs easy. I’m 6’2” and 225lbs and fit and comfortable. It folds flat and is easy to carry around and when needed it breaks down into pieces and in a bag that fits in my pelican cases or anywhere in my trucks.
They are very nice and quality. I just recently bought a Kovea Titan flat chair as a companion for table height needs and when I don’t want to look silly in a group of friends towering above me in their normal camp chairs.
94ea5ea4fda1fb0d3028931ce85ffbba.jpg

TooGouda

Given all of attachments such as oven and secondary burner for large only. It kinda no brainer going with large given it can open up to more possible uses?

the large takibi is def the one to go with IMO if you want best bang for the buck. it has the most accessories, and the 1U / Half grill accessories fit the takibi solo if you want a little guy in your stash of gear. the large is just big enough to fit a normal log if you buy a bundle from a store... but doesn't seem overly big to pack in the vehicle. I imagine the XL size is better for full logs but it doesn't have the accessories (not yet anyway) and im not sure you would gain anything else besides a bigger fire. i think i would like a small or medium if i was just buying gear just to have gear to pick from when packing up for an outing or trip...but im not sure the size savings makes it worth it since i have a large and a takibi solo already

TooGouda

boiled some water in the caldero on the baja burner and it did a good job of spreading the heat out on the bottom. the bottom part of the cast is thicker than the sides so it didn't have the normal flame ring shape of boiling like on the bottom of thinner pots. its a bit bigger than i wanted as i would have liked a 4L size but it is pretty light weight.

JPOVS

I def love my Kermit chair. It’s a great campfire chair. It’s very low so it doesn’t work as a dining chair most tables, even the sitting height Snow Peak, are still too high for the the stance of a Kermit chair. So it is a great campfire chair. Chill out chair.
It’s small but it can be deceptively comfortable. And strong. It can hold 350lbs easy. I’m 6’2” and 225lbs and fit and comfortable. It folds flat and is easy to carry around and when needed it breaks down into pieces and in a bag that fits in my pelican cases or anywhere in my trucks.
They are very nice and quality. I just recently bought a Kovea Titan flat chair as a companion for table height needs and when I don’t want to look silly in a group of friends towering above me in their normal camp chairs.
94ea5ea4fda1fb0d3028931ce85ffbba.jpg

You need the leg extensions for the Kermit chair that they sell. This will fix all of your problems. I notice the chair sits a little more up-right with the leg extensions too.

alexcivick

Observer
You need the leg extensions for the Kermit chair that they sell. This will fix all of your problems. I notice the chair sits a little more up-right with the leg extensions too.

Well… someone once described the extensions as looking like a chair with rickets and ever since I can’t unsee that so I can’t….I just can’t with the extensions.
I’m actually ok with having the Kovea Titan chair as an additional sitting height chair. I also have a big sturdy ARB touring chair that is great. The Kovea is actually the Best of both of them I’m really loving it.

motoz

Adventurer
Hi guys, I’ve been quiet for a bit. Work has gotten in the way of life for the last few years.

Just dusting off the collection.
Telling my wife we need a few more items…

983624c40fd4d3696c21792b069978f2.jpg

dbf46403690bbd39f133ffaf94649168.jpg

Scary thing is I’ve got more stashed in the camper trailer and up at our camping property.

Yes the addiction is a real thing !!!

alexcivick

Observer
Anybody selling a flat burner? I’m going on a 5 day trip next week and I would really like to to use a gas stove that goes with my IGT. Tired of breaking out my big Coleman…. I’ve waited forever for Snow Peak to restock or for a used Baja burner or something to surface but…. No dice.

I did order a couple of the rainbow Sporks today. One for my wife hopefully she doesn’t lose this one.

I’m also looking for a my table, some low 400mm legs, and a regular size IGT table….just in case those are out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier