Snow Peak Addiction

natematos

If you could, post some pictures of it being set up, especially with one of IGT tables! I wanted one for awhile but couldnt justify it due being single. Im nearly always alone when Im out. A fine purchase for certain!

Jealous that you are going to SPW! Definitely let your wallet go loose and take plenty of pictures haha

For sure! Will take plenty of photos once all set up and at SPW. My wallet is already cowering in fear..

TooGouda

For sure! Will take plenty of photos once all set up and at SPW. My wallet is already cowering in fear..
have fun! i guess not enough spots opened up for waitlisters like me to snag. apparently next year i need to sign up within an hour of getting the email or i don't get to go lol

TooGouda

welp...my wallet hates me now i bet lol
just ordered a takibi solo...even though i kind of was not interested in it at all.
but i like the idea of using my half grill net on it and being able to use it without bringing the big takibi when im camping and have tons of other stuff in the vehicle already

EPICBYTES

welp...my wallet hates me now i bet lol
just ordered a takibi solo...even though i kind of was not interested in it at all.
but i like the idea of using my half grill net on it and being able to use it without bringing the big takibi when im camping and have tons of other stuff in the vehicle already
Seems like you might got the last one before it's sold out! You will be happy with it!

I want one so bad but I think I'll wait until I have a special lady to share the evenings with haha.

But the problem with waiting... snowpeak stuff are notorious for disappearing/discontinued after a short period of time... damn it!

Note: I dont know if picture is working, snowpeak 3pc titanium set on titanium firebox nano and toaks titanium siphon spirit burner. Indeed I have a bad titanium addiction haha. If picture doesn't show, let me know! This is my first attempt.

VideoCapture_20211007-115016.jpg

TooGouda

just got my second stainless basket in today so I can do a test set up of my 4U coffee table for my house. I never had a coffee table before and don't see any reason why it can't be capable of going camping either :ROFLMAO:

im planning on storing tea, hot chocolate, some instant soup broths for sipping on, and a pair of the Snowpeak titanium nesting mugs in the baskets on each side. I just need to pick up the stainless tray that fits on top of the baskets as a lid to access them...then remove the bamboo in the middle and drop in a stove to heat up some water for coffee or tea or broth :love::love::love::love:

still wish i could get an all black frame though but so far it looks like i would need to order one from overseas and when i priced one out it was like $800 USD including shipping

IMG_6038.JPG.jpeg

screwball48

Explorer
still wish i could get an all black frame though but so far it looks like i would need to order one from overseas and when i priced one out it was like $800 USD including shipping

Have you thought about taping off the rails and track then applying plasti dip to the top and side areas?

TooGouda

Have you thought about taping off the rails and track then applying plasti dip to the top and side areas?
i have been thinking about taping it off and trying to do a cold spray fake powder coat... but honestly nothing i can do will match just doing a powder coat on a frame

natematos

New pickup. 91-93 era Twin Burner and precursor to the Double Burner sold today. Very cool folding system, and uses butane instead of the isobutane/propane of newer models. It was built by Uniflame, and is a 1:1 of the same era US-2400 (it even says US-2400 on the front). Designed to integrate with the Multi-stand of that era, it pre-dates the IGT by a decade+ and doesn't drop in to that system. Plan is to make a trim ring for the IGT that would allow it to sit in there cleanly.

twin-burner.jpeg

Lennart

Adventurer
New pickup. 91-93 era Twin Burner and precursor to the Double Burner sold today. Very cool folding system, and uses butane instead of the isobutane/propane of newer models. It was built by Uniflame, and is a 1:1 of the same era US-2400 (it even says US-2400 on the front). Designed to integrate with the Multi-stand of that era, it pre-dates the IGT by a decade+ and doesn't drop in to that system. Plan is to make a trim ring for the IGT that would allow it to sit in there cleanly.

View attachment 686887

Pretty cool SP heritage there (even though it's made by Uniflame :D)
I often use my GS-220 with the multistand. Like this black predecessor. :cool:

natematos

New pickup: new in box Multistand. But wait, this isn't an ordinary Multistand! It was a collaboration with Japanese outdoor retailer CampBell. And because of that, it includes a side stand, front storage bag, and hanging hooks for utensils. It is also the premium Multistand that featured adjustable height legs and the additional crossbars up top. The coolest part though undoubtably is the anodized purple finish. Based on the front cover which features the Twin Burner (posted images of that already) it would date this from 93-96ish.

DSCF4079.JPG
DSCF4078.JPG
DSCF4077.JPG

Lennart

Adventurer
Cool, I think the Multistand always had adjustable legs (at least mine has). I bought the 'grill bars' (cross bars) to go with it at the time, but I do like the addition of the side stand, storage bag and hooks.
The purple stand and black burner are pretty sweet. Enjoy (y)

alexcivick

Observer
I need a single burner insert for my IGT but I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for them to be in stock. I’ve been pretty set on sticking to single unit size stoves/bbq/inserts but now I’m kicking myself because I have passed on a couple chances for double stoves and bbq boxes. The grill burner is in stock, and I have been tempted to get one anyway, but I want a flat burner for dedicated stove for boiling water and such without making the grill burner work with removing the cast iron. Am I being naive by waiting? I’m used to Snow Peak and the lack of inventory for IGT items but I feel like the flat burner should not be one of those items to never have.
also, anyone have any strong opinions on the usefulness of the low height 400mm legs? I’ve been wanting to use a setup that I can enjoy in my Kermit chair. The sitting height is too short for Kermit chairs but I have been hesitating on buying low height legs because will I really use them when I can essentially make do with my pack and carry fireplace/grill bridge for the same effect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles