Snow Peak Addiction

EPICBYTES

this year in the west its been the worst i have seen since i moved out here. you almost gotta watch how much hotsauce you put on stuff because you might fart and spark another wildfire :ROFLMAO:
My hats off to you for moving out west! hahaha, fan of hot sauces? Do we have exchange group for that? Im huge fan of locally made hot sauces!

I have to disclose, griddle is not only thing I ordered. I ordered SS mytable, SS 1 unit insert which can serve as 2nd shelve on mytable, garbage frame, and two trek plates.

Already thinking about getting entry IGT table.... since they no longer make 2unit IGT tables. Something small and quick to deploy along not feeling bad about leaving it in the car (legs are attached and folding) Anybody has one, have anything bad to say about it?

dcg141

Adventurer
thats a good looking wok though :love: where does one get one of those? any tips on buying one?
I have a ceramic coated non-stick one I have been using on an electric stove... but i would love to get a traditional steel one as my home one can't do high heat

if i ever get one of these blaster stoves i could always make my own wok ring as well...nothing a welder and a grinder can't make on a weekend :ROFLMAO:

DesertSand05

Observer
Ended up splurging again... I have not really seen any posts about the Grill Burner (griddle with drainage). Decided to grab one since I want to step up my cooking game and have quick cookouts without lugging around pans and et cetera.

Does anyone here has one? Winds proven to be problematic?

does anyone know if you can use the snow peak griddle and other snow peak griddle accessories with these?

EPICBYTES

does anyone know if you can use the snow peak griddle and other snow peak griddle accessories with these?
I know SnowPeak makes Takoyaki Plate specifically for their griddle.

However since it takes up exactly 1 IGT unit, I do not see why another 1 IGT unit plates, accessories couldn't work. It may take some ingenuity to have them sit securely though.

I should receive mine anytime soon, I'll update this thread with any discoveries I made. I'm hoping to locate or possibly use snowpeak accessories without drainage for those meals I want to be juicy.

TooGouda

until recently the 1 unit (half griddle GR-015 i think)) was offered and supposedly fit the 1U BBQ box and the grill from what i read online somewhere. I was going to get all 3 and they sold out of the half griddle and the 1U bbq box like 2-3 months before my fun budget could cover it. it would have been sweet to use the 1U griddle on the bbq box, grill, and takibi

alexcivick

Observer
until recently the 1 unit (half griddle GR-015 i think)) was offered and supposedly fit the 1U BBQ box and the grill from what i read online somewhere. I was going to get all 3 and they sold out of the half griddle and the 1U bbq box like 2-3 months before my fun budget could cover it. it would have been sweet to use the 1U griddle on the bbq box, grill, and takibi

Yes it does fit the 1U and 2U bbq boxes and fireplace bridge. I wish they hadn’t discontinued them either I wanted one but I have the iron griddle and the half deep depth grill plate.
18237cdbc13fd724fe50af9f3358d628.jpg

5479c3e5a829d0f59d396619670bee9f.jpg

e46b337f45d180dd59ce41f157cccad7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPICBYTES

I am curious what backside looks like, hope its something similar to what griddle has.

I just received my package... its huge box, only had two trek plates in it..? Still waiting for SS mytable, 1unit insert, grill burner and garbage frame. Bummer! Wish they ship everything together! It will be an early Christmas!

EPICBYTES

Just scored an used 3pc titanium cookset for $30 off marketplace. Addiction is very real.

Still waiting on rest of my order... nearly 4 weeks now, got 2 trek plates in an unnecessary huge box pretty quickly. Last time I ordered 3 unit IGT table , hanging rack and extended table, everything came in pretty quickly. Little odd to me.

TooGouda

Just scored an used 3pc titanium cookset for $30 off marketplace. Addiction is very real.

Still waiting on rest of my order... nearly 4 weeks now, got 2 trek plates in an unnecessary huge box pretty quickly. Last time I ordered 3 unit IGT table , hanging rack and extended table, everything came in pretty quickly. Little odd to me.
was your order sent out already but its just taking forever during shipping? I used to get stuff from Snowpeak Portland overnight sometimes with the free shipping before covid. now even though its a straight shot for shipping trucks from Portland to Utah on a major highway it can take 6-8 on average or longer because who knows. stuff will get stuck in the portland area for like 3 days before it finally leaves...then 1-2 days before it makes it to Utah... then gets stuck another 2-3 days before getting to my house. One time my stuff was in utah already and the scheduled delivery was 5 days away... i just called them and told them to get it ready somewhere for me to pick it up and went to a fedex location to get it. saved myself 5 days of waiting with a 30 min round trip drive.

alexcivick

Observer
I took my little one camping this past weekend so I could test out the leg/table straps and canvas bags I made for storage and organization of my IGT and accessories. And it gave me an excuse to setup and use my new IGT setup. The trip was great and everything I made worked out well, although I have some changes and tweaks for my next version I will be making. The main point of the trip revolves around the IGT so I was surprised to find while scrolling through the pics I took that none of them were of the setup or it’s use or anything lol. Just this one of us enjoying breakfast at the table. I guess I’ll just have to make another trip…
4bb14066cd43dd88d9b0005a0e5e236a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPICBYTES

What is the subreddit called? It is practically same reason I came over here and this ended up being pretty damn cool forum.

Aha! Snowpeak is getting into power tools? LOL. At least it is rebranded Makita. Hope it is not a regular thing in future, I like my Milwaukee stuff :p

They need to seriously drop the whole apparel thing, only maybe retaining ground blankets and comforters. Not clothes in my opinion.

Stay true to outdoor lifestyle, IGT set ups and titanium goodies!!!

TooGouda

What is the subreddit called? It is practically same reason I came over here and this ended up being pretty damn cool forum.

Aha! Snowpeak is getting into power tools? LOL. At least it is rebranded Makita. Hope it is not a regular thing in future, I like my Milwaukee stuff :p

They need to seriously drop the whole apparel thing, only maybe retaining ground blankets and comforters. Not clothes in my opinion.

Stay true to outdoor lifestyle, IGT set ups and titanium goodies!!!
well the grand daughter of the founder runs the company now and she came from a fashion design background so thats where the apparel focus comes from.
it must be profitable unless the hard goods are floating the company while they waste money on apparel though otherwise im not sure why they would keep pushing it.

that being said... i honestly think they under estimate the market appetite for hard goods outside of Japan and close by regions of Asia. Australia, Europe, and North America are all unanimous in our view that its hard to get Snowpeak products... covid made it even harder but it has always been a theme that there is limited stock to purchase from them and they like to discontinue items even when people still want to buy them.

The secondary market on some Snowpeak items is insane. like the Baja burner for example... im pretty sure i bought the last one on earth from a primary retail partner a couple months ago. I paid retail price at $180 USD. There are already several online for $500-800 USD. 2U IGT frames are listed for $800-1200 USD sometimes. Even the knock off copy cat brands from Taiwan and China are going for near Snowpeak prices. I have been looking into getting a knock off copy cat 2U IGT frame from Taiwan and im looking at $500+ including shipping to get one. I havn't done it mostly because at that price i might be able to get a 2U on ebay that is still new or like new. or just get an extra 3U and chop it to make my own 2U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles