Snow Peak Addiction

EPICBYTES

Thank you for a lead for IKEA boards! I just got to find somebody with tablesaw.

Thought to chime in after aprx a month of daily use of all of my snowpeak stuff.

-IGT 3 frame, black paint has chipped off already. Its all aluminum construction I believe?? If correct, Ill just leave it alone.
-Bamboo extension table has little chip on it as well. Anything I should fill it in with? Anyone varnishes theirs??
-Party plate... extremely understated piece of luxury item. To my surprise, the wood is little rough and raw. I sanded it with 220 grit and will be staining it with Tung Oil. It has so many uses and effectively replacing several kitchen items.
-Santoku knife is actually pretty good, very sharp and I use it for alot of stuff. 3x better than the knifes that came with cutting boards.
-IGT Hanging Rack.... freaking awesome! Gains 4 units of space and looks very seamless with whole setup. Packs down very well.

Now I have my eyes on SS mytable, SS deep wire rack, and Grill Burner or Takibi.... really want single unit bbq box but seemingly it will not ever come back?

I think takibi will be more purposeful since it can serve multiple uses but would love something to grill on the IGT 3 table....

I just need to figure out how to post pictures here!

Lennart

Adventurer
Two weeks at Lac du Monteynard in France.
Playing around with the Small Fireplace. I still prefer the Large for its real estate, but you can do quite a lot with the small. I think way...way back there was a stainless grate for the small. Not a big fan of chrome plates grates, but managed to make fish-skewers without sticking too mucht so shouldn't complain :giggle:

eet smakelijk (y)

AZeigw.jpg

OWeMxr.jpg

BSiCuG.jpg

F2e6v9.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
-IGT 3 frame, black paint has chipped off already. Its all aluminum construction I believe?? If correct, Ill just leave it alone.
-Bamboo extension table has little chip on it as well. Anything I should fill it in with? Anyone varnishes theirs??
-Party plate... extremely understated piece of luxury item. To my surprise, the wood is little rough and raw. I sanded it with 220 grit and will be staining it with Tung Oil. It has so many uses and effectively replacing several kitchen items.
-Santoku knife is actually pretty good, very sharp and I use it for alot of stuff. 3x better than the knifes that came with cutting boards.
-IGT Hanging Rack.... freaking awesome! Gains 4 units of space and looks very seamless with whole setup. Packs down very well.

Thanks for your thoughts. No chips on my IGT4 unit after years of use, so you might send a message to snowpeak and have them take a look to see if the damage is 'normal'. Same for the extension table. I have a small crack in the lacquer and a few dings but it has been put through its paces for over 10 years. This gear should last you a lifetime.
I don't mind things getting dinged with use, but prefereably not straight out of the box :giggle:

TooGouda

Thank you for a lead for IKEA boards! I just got to find somebody with tablesaw.

Thought to chime in after aprx a month of daily use of all of my snowpeak stuff.

Now I have my eyes on SS mytable, SS deep wire rack, and Grill Burner or Takibi.... really want single unit bbq box but seemingly it will not ever come back?

I think takibi will be more purposeful since it can serve multiple uses but would love something to grill on the IGT 3 table....

I just need to figure out how to post pictures here!

i have had my IGT for about 1.5 yrs and use it at home quite often and pack it in the SUV to go offroad camping for at least 30 times now and its holding up quite well. i did scrape off some of the black on one of my ends but that's because i hit it with something hefty made of metal so it was my own fault. no corrosion so far though where the scratch is so im not worried. i have only had my bamboo for about 6 months... so far no issues with chips or scratches, but it is a wooden table so i assume it will have natural wear over time but still be good as long as i take care of it.

TooGouda

took my doggo and went out with a group this weekend for a few days on a river(that is drying out and getting super low) and supplied the kitchen :D
having the half box hanger, garbage frame, and paper towel holder really helps the small package of the 3U frame seem bigger than it really is
1629226020744.pngIMG_5846.JPG.jpeg
IMG_5858.JPG.jpeg

TooGouda

anyone end up signing up for the Snowpeak Way event in Oct in Oregon? I tried signing up over the weekend but it kept saying i will be directed to checkout and then nothing happened and i couldn't get to a pay screen. I emailed them on Sunday. I tried again yesterday and got the same directed to check out message. Today i tried again and it says im on a waitlist :(

TooGouda

Yes. Filled up quick! I attended the first two 2018/2019 which probably helped.
nice! i wonder if it filled up so fast that i couldn't check out and the system was just broke and telling me i was being directed to check out even though it shouldn't have

TooGouda

Did you get an email first?
yeah i got an invite email a couple weeks ago or so. i guess if i wanted in i should have gotten up early and got it done right away on Saturday.
im on the waitlist now so maybe a spot will open but im not counting on it

Riptide

Explorer
took my doggo and went out with a group this weekend for a few days on a river(that is drying out and getting super low) and supplied the kitchen :D
having the half box hanger, garbage frame, and paper towel holder really helps the small package of the 3U frame seem bigger than it really is
View attachment 676942

Get the 3U extension table. It's the same size as the frame (so it stores in the same bag) and way more useful and stable than the round corner. You're toting the two extra legs anyway; might as well get some actual real estate. Then you won't need the half-box hanger, and can put the box under the cutting board, so you won't need a box cover. Two extra pieces no longer needed, and more real estate!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles