Snow Peak Addiction

EPICBYTES

Broke down, brought 3 unit IGT standing set, small bamboo extension table (with 660mm legs), 2 unit IGT hanging rack, santoku knife, nesting double walled titanium mug set, cook n' save pot, and lastly party plate!

Not too bad for first post huh? haha Im rather deep into snowpeak stuff now.... damn it!

Lennart

Adventurer
Broke down, brought 3 unit IGT standing set, small bamboo extension table (with 660mm legs), 2 unit IGT hanging rack, santoku knife, nesting double walled titanium mug set, cook n' save pot, and lastly party plate!

Not too bad for first post huh? haha Im rather deep into snowpeak stuff now.... damn it!
To paraphrase the song by the Carpenters....You've only just begun....?

Congrats on the deep-dive into SP world. Enjoy the gear and even better.... use it ?

EPICBYTES

I wanted them for long time, until I moved into 330sq ft studio. Given the space constraints, I could justify buying all of that stuff for home and off the road. They will see daily use!

I am engineer by trade, I couldnt convince myself to buy inserts. Ill fabricate something up! I have 7 IGT units worth of space to be filled! Mainly hoping to find right sized cutting boards, and mill a pocket to hold my firebox nano. Along sink and grey water tank. Yup I'm sinking into the IGT sinkhole.

Does anyone has good and reliable source of correctly spaced cutting boards? 1 or 2 IGT unit space worth would be awesome!

DesertSand05

Observer
Does anyone has good and reliable source of correctly spaced cutting boards? 1 or 2 IGT unit space worth would be awesome!

Snow peak has had some FES limited edition boards, but I have seen a lot of people use Ikea Cutting Boards and just trim them so they fit.

I have toyed with the idea of having 2 (two) 1/4 size inserts made for when I use the 1.5 giga stove IGT insert.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Does anyone has good and reliable source of correctly spaced cutting boards?
I've found that, by far, the cheapest source for "custom" cutting boards are places like "Home Goods" or TJ-Maxx. Buy whatever is larger than you need and cut it to fit. Round the corners with some 80-grit paper, then sand the cut-edge smooth to 120grit if you're fancy. I've got "custom" boards fitted into a couple of places by doing this.

Riptide

Explorer
The IKEA boards are pretty hard to beat. Just a little thicker than the IGT boards, and look great. 9 bucks vs 45 bucks. A few minutes on the tablesaw, and you're done.

Riptide

Explorer
Great to hear from another SP legend! I really think SP needs to up their game to the expedition market. I get the clothes but don’t lose focus from your roots. I had great talks with the SP team at the two SP Ways I attended.

I don't think they'll stray far. I'm sure their hardware and gear pays the bills, whereas they have to discount their clothes to get them to sell every year. I frankly never understood the clothes, other than it's the boss's grandaughter who wants to indulge in that aspect. I can't really imagine that it's profitable.

And I've never been accused of being a legend (unless it's total dollars spent on SP stuff ;-) ) You must be thinking of Honu and Lennart!

TooGouda

I wanted them for long time, until I moved into 330sq ft studio. Given the space constraints, I could justify buying all of that stuff for home and off the road. They will see daily use!

I am engineer by trade, I couldnt convince myself to buy inserts. Ill fabricate something up! I have 7 IGT units worth of space to be filled! Mainly hoping to find right sized cutting boards, and mill a pocket to hold my firebox nano. Along sink and grey water tank. Yup I'm sinking into the IGT sinkhole.

i just made my own. i bought some big kichen supply store cutting boards and sized them how i needed. i did buy one of the double bamboo inserts so it could match my corner table and sliding extension. but mostly i use custom cutting boards or the stainless inserts from SP. I haven't gotten around to it yet but im planning on making a 3 unit cherry or redwood or other insert to use it as a table top at home. My friend and I are both sons of contractors so we have a pile of tools together to make furniture or do home remodels on the side

cactusjk

Explorer
Wow - Looks like you got lots of good use out of the riser. I sold out of my last production run. With no new single BBQ Boxes demand will be low. I did let the Portland SP team borrow one for display so that one might still be out there.

cactusjk

Explorer
I don't think they'll stray far. I'm sure their hardware and gear pays the bills, whereas they have to discount their clothes to get them to sell every year. I frankly never understood the clothes, other than it's the boss's grandaughter who wants to indulge in that aspect. I can't really imagine that it's profitable.

And I've never been accused of being a legend (unless it's total dollars spent on SP stuff ;-) ) You must be thinking of Honu and Lennart!
You both have been legendary contributors to this thread and Honu!

TooGouda

new baja burner kicked some butt up at almost 10k feet in the mountains this weekend. Coffee with a view always starts the day off right :D
IMG_5785.JPGIMG_5789.JPG

Chris Boyd

Explorer
This is an impressive partnership. Glad to see it. Makes me want to order a rivian even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles