Snow Peak Addiction

DesertSand05

Observer
Do those Drifta legs wobble much? Or are are they pretty stable?

I have a few and like the Drifta version, but find them a little looser than the OEM snow peak versions when connected. But then again all the IGT stuff is less wobbly/more stable the more pieces that are interconnected. A single frame never seems that stable alone.

I might be selling a few Drifta legs soon, as I bought some old snow peak 2 way legs off some one. I like the discontinued 2 way legs better, although it’s nice to have a few Drifta legs in your setup as they are higher and sometimes one side needs to be adjusted.

It’s just a matter of deciding how many Drifta legs I want to keep around. I might be parsing some snow peak stuff soon, as I’m transitioning to a smaller more mobile multi purpose setup. The igt stuff starts piling up, and I find myself brining less stuff lately.

DesertSand05

Observer
Just a heads up to always act on your snow peak stock notifications. The long table extensions came back in stock a couple of weeks ago and I missed them by waiting until I got home, by then they were already sold out again. I got a notice today they were back in stock and made sure to just grab two right away, then just like that they were gone again.

Snow Peak USA has been doing a better job stocking IGT stuff, but boy does the hard to find stuff sell out fast.

Last edited:

TooGouda

ok... so I'm quite certain, I just received the last Baja Burner on planet Earth sold from one of Snow Peaks retailers with an online presence :ROFLMAO:
The place didn't even know they had it. they had removed all the search tags etc in their system so it didn't show up if you tried to check their website for it. I only found it because the SEO was still active since their computer system had one in stock, and Google picked it up to direct me to the page haha

Anyway this thing is a beast. it sounds like it could double as a small rocket booster if you were stuck. It will make quick work of some Asian style cooking for sure!

TooGouda

It would be interesting to to a test of the Tramezzino against the Camp Chef pie iron.
anything specific you would want to test?
the camp chef one is basically the same as the rome one and multiple other brands. Camp Chef is actually locally headquartered not far from me.

i have used various cast iron ones my whole life and they are all more or less the same outside of small design differences. The main difference compared to the Tramezzino is going to be the handles... you can't use a Tramezzino in a fire pit the same way you can use a camp chef or other branded one or you will burn the wood off the handles on the Tramezzino since they are so short. The Tramezzino is made of cast aluminum rather than cast iron as well. this means the speed at which heat transfers through the metal is faster on the Snowpeak one versus cast iron ones. the aluminum has also been much easier to clean and i don't have to care about seasoning it or any maintenance to make sure it doesn't rust. The one thing from a cooking standpoint that is quite different though is that the Tramezzino makes thinner and slightly smaller sandwiches compared to any of the cast iron ones I have used over the years. You can make a thicker pie etc with a cast iron ones that we use.

Lennart

Adventurer
s8uFsH.jpg

Summer evening with the Jikaro table and Large Fireplace. Lots of vegs to keep the wife happy :)

cactusjk

Explorer
Great to hear from another SP legend! I really think SP needs to up their game to the expedition market. I get the clothes but don’t lose focus from your roots. I had great talks with the SP team at the two SP Ways I attended.

Lennart

Adventurer
Your ears must have been burning. I was just cleaning out two 1U BBQ units, brushing off their CJ risers...

You have two? You are the master :cool:
I just 'cleaned' out mine. I think they call this 'patina'? :giggle:
fHxYeF.jpg

@cactusjk totally agree on the focus. The apparel line is new and needs some extra love and attention, I get that, but don't forget your mountaineering/overland roots (y)

Lennart

Adventurer
I had great talks with the SP team at the two SP Ways I attended.

Attending SP Ways has been on my wishlist for years. I got excited when SP came to Europe (again) and settled in London.
Fate would have it that the UK has left the EU and Snow Peak UK doesn't sell/ship outside of the UK. It boggles the mind that I can buy SP gear from the US but not the UK as they don't ship overseas :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles