Snow Peak Addiction

DesertSand05

Observer
I agree, not sure who asked for this, but it did sell out preatty fast.

It’s not a limited item, so I’m sure it will come around again. It seems like my car Camping collection is getting bigger and bigger over the years, I’m not sure this is a must have, might be nice for the yard though.

Riptide

Explorer
I thought about it, purely from a SP junkie point of view. But one of the things I've always loved about the SP firepit is the amount of heat they put out, and I think the Floga would block alot of that.

ahjushi

Yeah the Floga seems like a solution in search of a problem. Only use-case I could see is for urban usage when you don't want to disturb your neighbors as much with smoke?

Still waiting for them to release this, though:

visual_05.gif

Attachments

• 1624035000967.png
    1624035000967.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 23

wolf-camp

1624094139181.png

Received mine yesterday via AMZ Japan and used it last night during an extended campfire session in our Garden.
Fire burns with high flame as in above picture, smoke / odor is significantly reduced.
Secondary combustion works very well.

Highly recommended !

Wolf

TooGouda

View attachment 667191

Received mine yesterday via AMZ Japan and used it last night during an extended campfire session in our Garden.
Fire burns with high flame as in above picture, smoke / odor is significantly reduced.
Secondary combustion works very well.

Highly recommended !

Wolf
I think I will eventually get one for mine if they are in stock when i have some extra fun budget to spend. seems like a good accessory for the backyard fire ambiance :D

TooGouda

anyone use the Tramezzino sandwich maker?
i used to have a cast iron one many years ago. this one seems like it would be easier to clean and maintain but it has shorty handles
Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 10-37-01 Tramezzino.png

Honu

lost on the mainland
anyone use the Tramezzino sandwich maker?
i used to have a cast iron one many years ago. this one seems like it would be easier to clean and maintain but it has shorty handles
View attachment 667214
Yes two of them they are freaking awesome but I use them on the stove as fires are not so common for me but could see them working on the snowpeak fireplace where you could park the handles off the edge not sure I would want to stuff them in the fire :)
lighter easier compact to pack and clean up super super easy I have posted on them a couple times a search might bring those up :)

TooGouda

Yes two of them they are freaking awesome but I use them on the stove as fires are not so common for me but could see them working on the snowpeak fireplace where you could park the handles off the edge not sure I would want to stuff them in the fire :)
lighter easier compact to pack and clean up super super easy I have posted on them a couple times a search might bring those up :)
would it work ok on an electric stove at home ya think? I could do a gas camp stove or the takibi fire pit otherwise. i like making pudgy pies and sandwhiches in my old cast iron one in the fire but this one has too short of handles to do the same thing without burning the handles off

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
We have one. I do pack it, but it also sees plenty of use on the gas range at home. We have a pair of vintage "Toast-Tite" pie irons, but I like the shape of the Tramezzino better - it fits the bread slices without having to slice (or burn) off a bunch of edges...

Ragman

I just did an unboxing of the new Floga on my channel and will do a video of the burn in a day or two. I was interested in seeing this product as it would allow the more efficient burn into the night after the cooking is done with the pit. If you want to check it out the link is below.

Riptide

Explorer
I'm sorry. I was weak; I ordered the Takibi Solo. Gotta keep the firepit collection up to date.

Lennart

Adventurer
I'm sorry. I was weak; I ordered the Takibi Solo. Gotta keep the firepit collection up to date.

Thanks for taking one for the team :giggle: (y)

I am not yet sure about the Takibi Solo. Is it a replacement for the small Fireplace? I don't think so as the weight and dimensions are more Medium sized.
I took the Small Fireplace on a kajak trip. I don't think I would/could bring the solo but maybe it looks bigger than in real life ;)
Will it be more flat packed? What are other advantages of this shape over the Fireplace? Would be nice to get your insights.

Riptide

Explorer
Still waiting for them to release this, though:

visual_05.gif

Depending on the height, that would be pretty tempting. It looks like it has the edge channel to clip a Flat Burner control to it. Bet it weighs quite a bit, though, with all that stainless steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles